• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four from Fox Studios (8/7/15)
1 1

3,245 posts in this topic

Turd. Turd turd. Turd turd turd.

This movie is one big turd.

and yet we are both going to watch it

:whee:

Free rental on Redbox, perhaps. Otherwise I'm not paying one dime to support such a hot mess. :)

I agree. It's not the Fantastic Four I'm accustomed to. At least the last two entertained me,and were close to the original characters.

Well, this is a turn in the story.

FANTASTIC FOUR: Toby Kebbell Reveals A Surprising Twist For 'Doom'

So it seems Toby Kebbell was either winding people up last year with all that Victor Domashev stuff, or Fox got wind of the backlash and decided to make a few alterations. SuperHeroHype caught up with the British actor at SDCC and asked him about this take on the character, and based on what he says here, the villain's name is Victor von Doom and he's not a hacker (guess he was misinterpreted) but a computer technician.

Computer technician? Like a member of Best Buy's Geek Squad?

Oh, yeah. That's better.

THIS dosen't sound any better...

Expanding on the character, Kebbell said that "he’s still from the same place, his mother is still a gypsy and done her deals, his father still perished from exposure looking after me. He’s angry. He’s an angry dude. But now he’s in Baxter. He’s bright and he’s trying to make people proud".

Furthermore, "he found a new father in Dr Storm, the father of Johnny and adoptive father of Sue. I kind of get adopted as well, in a fantastic performance by Reg E Cathey.And that’s Doom as we see him. He’s a computer technician, a computer scientist. There were rumours he was a hacker or something, but no. Victor Von Doom is who we hope he will be".

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/fantastic-four/36159/fantastic-four-toby-kebbell-on-doctor-dooms-origins

So, Doom being against the F4 is now essentially a sibling rivalry? :facepalm:

Not all that different from Doom's origin in Fantastic Four Annual #2.

doomorigin1.jpgdoomorigin2.jpgdoomorigin3.jpgdoomorigin4.jpg

Disrupting F4 hate - what a letdown.

(:

Not all that different from Doom's origin in Fantastic Four Annual #2.

doomorigin1.jpgdoomorigin2.jpgdoomorigin3.jpgdoomorigin4.jpg

Disrupting F4 hate - what a letdown.

(:

+1.

Absolutely and completely terrible.

The SPFX look like something on television from 10 years ago.

Doom...I really don't have any words that would get past the auto-censor.

For those still supporting this film after viewing this latest trailer...seriously...you're not Fantastic Four fans. Not in the slightest. If you were, you'd say it looked like garbage.

It's a smash in the face to everything Stan & Jack created.

Right. In fairness, it's definitely the best trailer of the lot by a mile. I'm still not feeling the characters, but the trailer has that 'epic' feel at least that the others were missing.

What the heck is going on with doom's techno skin again. That's so bizarre. Not being an ultimates fan, I don't know. Was it like that in the ultimates or is this some dumbarse Fox version of Doom again?

I thoroughly enjoyed that one, and anyone who cares to tell me I'm wrong can go suck an egg. ;)

Still, there are a couple of things I can't get into, aka the Thing's CGI, Doom's face, and a couple of hokey lines in there. But I think I will enjoy this movie.

Edited by Liaton-9000

I think being adopted by Sue and Johnny's family is a HUGE storyline difference. And a weird one.

It worked for Barry Allen.

Did it? meh

it does work. People generally like the Flash show. Very few people are mad that Iris is black, or that Barry was adopted by the West's. Same with Arrow, even less people care that the first Black Canary was the sister, not the mom, and that Oliver's main love interest is not Laurel. These are actually fairly large changes, and people seem to have generally accepted that its fine within the context of the story they're telling. Admittedly, these shows are aimed at a younger audience with less knowledge of the backstory of these characters... but it does show that you can tell a compelling story aimed towards your audience, and even though its not 'canon', it can work just fine.

I thought it was a much bigger deal that the Tobey Spiderman had MJ instead of Gwen, and an EVEN BIGGER DEAL that Kirsten Dunst isn't pretty or tall.

Honestly the bottom line is if you can write/direct/act a good movie against the frame of the original idea, people will watch it and like it.

Right. In fairness, it's definitely the best trailer of the lot by a mile. I'm still not feeling the characters, but the trailer has that 'epic' feel at least that the others were missing.

You also are, apparently, not a Fantastic Four fan.