• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four from Fox Studios (8/7/15)
1 1

3,245 posts in this topic

I thought the first two were absolute eballs. I wouldn't view this turd any differently given the same stuff we've been shown so far.

There was nothing wrong with the first two trailers, other than they didn't present the version of the Fantastic Four you wanted to see. Folks point out it very much mirrors the Ultimates line, so it's not like the early material shown went totally off the rails.

Josh Trank is interviewed by Kevin Smith this week:

http://smodcast.com/episodes/josh-trank-in-the-fat-cave/

The podcast description says it's only part 1 of 4...that's quite a marathon of an interview. :ohnoez:

The problem with this is that if it bombs TOO badly, Fox will blame it on Trank and crank out another one. And since there have been 8 years between FF 2 and this movie, the odds are high that the contract with Marvel requires that Fox not create a movie for 10 years. Meaning that if this one tanks, and they try another one in about 3-4 years, the earliest Marvel would get the rights back would be around 2028 to 2030. :o The best we can hope for is for the movie to do only marginally well. Fox then sees another sequel as too big a risk, Disney offers them money to buy out the contract, and Fox accepts. :wishluck:

G****mit! :facepalm:

There was nothing wrong with the first two trailers, other than they didn't present the version of the Fantastic Four you wanted to see.

Fixed.

I meant the first two movies in my comment, just to clarify for you.

There was nothing wrong with the first two trailers, other than they didn't present the version of the Fantastic Four you wanted to see.

Fixed.

I meant the first two movies in my comment, just to clarify for you.

lol

Galactus the Flowing Gas was such a miss in the second movie. But the Silver Surfer was really cool.

Shows how much faith fox has on this.

FOX CANCELS FANTASTIC FOUR 3D CONVERSION

http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/content/fox-cancels-fantastic-four-3d-conversion

Now if they would only cancel releasing the film completely, admit they have no competence in adapting this type of material, and sell - or better, yet give - the rights back to Marvel, they might be on the path of atonement.

Mark Millar (Chrononauts) and Bryan Hitch (Justice League of America) had one hell of a run on Fantastic Four a few years back, and now the latter has brought his cinematic style of artwork to Josh Trank's upcoming reboot for a Comic-Con exclusive poster.

CJqy-VtUkAAj2nU.jpg

Mark Millar (Chrononauts) and Bryan Hitch (Justice League of America) had one hell of a run on Fantastic Four a few years back, and now the latter has brought his cinematic style of artwork to Josh Trank's upcoming reboot for a Comic-Con exclusive poster.

CJqy-VtUkAAj2nU.jpg

Sue looks rather manish don't she?

CJqy-VtUkAAj2nU.jpg

lol. They can keep that mess.

The science fiction and dark mystery is more of what they need to push in this movie. Keep that atmosphere coming. Not the few TV spots we have experienced lately.

+1

This trailer looks excellent.

Will the movie turn out? We shall see.