• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four from Fox Studios (8/7/15)
1 1

3,245 posts in this topic

Mark Millar (Chrononauts) and Bryan Hitch (Justice League of America) had one hell of a run on Fantastic Four a few years back, and now the latter has brought his cinematic style of artwork to Josh Trank's upcoming reboot for a Comic-Con exclusive poster.

CJqy-VtUkAAj2nU.jpg

Sue looks rather manish don't she?

They made her look strong , while making Reed look like a little momma`s boy. :o

I just noticed that.

I think this might be a case of the PC forces behind the scenes having it`s hand in changing the Jack Kirby and Stan Lee version.

Well, at least the Thing is still the Thing! :grin:

Mark Millar (Chrononauts) and Bryan Hitch (Justice League of America) had one hell of a run on Fantastic Four a few years back, and now the latter has brought his cinematic style of artwork to Josh Trank's upcoming reboot for a Comic-Con exclusive poster.

CJqy-VtUkAAj2nU.jpg

Yes, she does. And Reed rather boyish.

CJqy-VtUkAAj2nU.jpg

They made her look strong , while making Reed look like a little momma`s boy. :o

I just noticed that.

I think this might be a case of the PC forces behind the scenes having it`s hand in changing the Jack Kirby and Stan Lee version.

Or it is just bad art.

CJqy-VtUkAAj2nU.jpg

I just noticed that.

Or it is just bad art.

put a monocle on the Thing and he's Mr. Peanut

CJqy-VtUkAAj2nU.jpg

Did they have a hell of a run? Wasn't it only 12 issues? It showed a lot of promise, but didn't go anywhere if memory serves me correctly. I remember it being sort of a let down.

Because you all clamored for this to the highest rafters...

No one looks the least bit enthusiastic about the comic material or film.

"I never read FF except to look at the encyclopedia...blockbuster video was more important." Instead of source material, he sent the reed actor "quantum physics for dummies," to get into character. Like that would even be necessary for a kids comic film.

This has win written all over it. :sick:

Edited by bronze_rules

I just got out of bed to something that sounded like a very loud vacuum. It was this loud sucking sound…

Then I realized that it was the sound of someone, somewhere, watching the Fantastic Four trailer.

(And this is coming from someone that believes that the naysayers need to take a 'wait and see' approach to Batman v Superman.

Well, this is a turn in the story.

FANTASTIC FOUR: Toby Kebbell Reveals A Surprising Twist For 'Doom'

So it seems Toby Kebbell was either winding people up last year with all that Victor Domashev stuff, or Fox got wind of the backlash and decided to make a few alterations. SuperHeroHype caught up with the British actor at SDCC and asked him about this take on the character, and based on what he says here, the villain's name is Victor von Doom and he's not a hacker (guess he was misinterpreted) but a computer technician.

fanboys.gif

So it seems Toby Kebbell was either winding people up last year with all that Victor Domashev stuff, or Fox got wind of the backlash and decided to make a few alterations. SuperHeroHype caught up with the British actor at SDCC and asked him about this take on the character, and based on what he says here, the villain's name is Victor von Doom and he's not a hacker (guess he was misinterpreted) but a computer technician.

fanboys.gif

It sounds like they have made several revisions once they started production in order to acquiesce to the public perception of the characters. The real problem may be that the original vision, combined with the revisions make for an even more disastrous movie.

I really have no faith in this project. I always said I would reserve critique until I knew and saw more. I think I have seen enough. I will wait until this pops up on Netflix or TV.

To tell the truth, I still have not seen Amazing Spider-man as word of mouth on that was so bad amongst those that I know who actually saw it.

Go to 10:47 ... they just finished the post-production on the film, it appears. I'm guessing it's the soundtrack because Trank says they just finished "the mix stage."

You would think that at least one of them would come out on stage wearing a hat or t-shirt with the classic "4" logo on it. But then I remind myself that we didn't see the "4" logo until FF #3.

Despite all the understandable negativity on it (yes, the latest TV trailers, posters and promo art did not help), I still think this film has a lot of potential to be really good. We shall see ...

Computer technician? Like a member of Best Buy's Geek Squad?

Oh, yeah. That's better.