• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four from Fox Studios (8/7/15)
1 1

3,245 posts in this topic

I'm not worried about casting.

I'm more worried about the -script.

The casting of Jamie Bell means that The Thing will be CGI.

Bell has done motion capture before with the TinTin movie.

+1 thats a good point, I hadnt thought about the TinTin connection.

CGI will be better than a silly padded suit!

And he would have more freedom to show movement & emotions with mo-cap suit than a padded suit.

:wishluck:

I just want to see this movie surprise us all, and be the hit we may not be predicting yet.

I thought FOX got it right with X-Men FIrst Class with it being set in the 60's. I'd like to see a FF movie along the same lines and being set in that time period. Also an more in depth origin story For Dr. Doom going back to Latveria like the did with Magneto and his Nazi back-up story. Now thats a movie I could get on-board with!

I thought FOX got it right with X-Men FIrst Class with it being set in the 60's. I'd like to see a FF movie along the same lines and being set in that time period. Also an more in depth origin story For Dr. Doom going back to Latveria like the did with Magneto and his Nazi back-up story. Now thats a movie I could get on-board with!

The time period piece is an interesting choice. I also thought Cap in the 40s was interesting too. It would be interesting to see them go back in time.

I'm disappointed to see them change the dynamic of the team with Johnny, but Michael B Jordan has been pretty solid. I'll hold my judgment until we get something on screen.

Josh Trank Answers 'The Fantastic Four' Twitter Questions!

---------------------

C.S. Evans@cspiroe

@josh_trank Can you give a quick description of the suits? :)

Josh Trank @josh_trank

@cspiroe They're not tight. I'll tell you that

---------------------

Rochi Shion@Marvel_Freshman

@josh_trank Is Fantastic 4 found-footage? When should we expect an official "First Look"? Are you attached to direct the 2017 sequel? ;-)

Josh Trank @josh_trank

@Marvel_Freshman Found footage, no. First look, late this year. Sequel, too soon to tell.

---------------------

Duck@duckisgod

@josh_trank are Johnny and Sue brother and sister or was that changed?

Josh Trank @josh_trank

@duckisgod Minor change, they're still siblings.

---------------------

BATMAN@MYkOOl_xxx

@josh_trank why did you ultimately choose to make human torch/Johnny storm black

Josh Trank @josh_trank

@MYkOOl_xxx I didn't choose to make Johnny black. I chose to make Michael Johnny.

---------------------

(shrug)

Oh, and...

Bvwh9f0CAAAL-Mf.jpg

---------------------

Jay Jay@nailbiter111

@josh_trank Did Jamie wear a motion-capture suit for The Thing?

Josh Trank @josh_trank

@nailbiter111 Definitely. One of the many reasons he was perfect for the role.

---------------------

Still taking the high road and reserving judgement until seeing the final "product".

If the internet was in full throttle in 1981, would there have been a backlash about making Mel Gibson's character a samurai in a nuclear wasteland in the Mad Max sequel "The Road Warrior". :shrug:

Filmmakers roll the dice. Who would have thought James Cameron would have turned the "haunted house" toned Alien movie's sequel into a war movie.

Casting Mr. Mom as Batman.

I say let's be surprised. For me, I want to see these funnybook movies evolve. That means... taking chances. If that means violating prior storytelling to feel fresh, oh well. If it sucks we'll just see it play on FX a thousand times.

Still taking the high road and reserving judgement until seeing the final "product".

If the internet was in full throttle in 1981, would there have been a backlash about making Mel Gibson's character a samurai in a nuclear wasteland in the Mad Max sequel "The Road Warrior". :shrug:

Filmmakers roll the dice. Who would have thought James Cameron would have turned the "haunted house" toned Alien movie's sequel into a war movie.

Casting Mr. Mom as Batman.

I say let's be surprised. For me, I want to see these funnybook movies evolve. That means... taking chances. If that means violating prior storytelling to feel fresh, oh well. If it sucks we'll just see it play on FX a thousand times.

Good post.

I think the movie will be decent, but I suspect the box office might be mediocre.

FF will be sandwiched in between Jurassic World and Ted 2.

Two big blockbusters. Good luck at the Box Office FF. :wishluck:

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

I just want to finally see a good FF film for once. Hope this is a step in the right direction.. Bring on Galactus already! !!!

Marvel will probably never put the Galactus on-screen we know from the comics. Kirby's original concept of the character was that he was a big space monster a la Fin Fang Foom, but Lee thought that would be hard for people to identify with, so he asked Kirby to make him a giant humanoid. A giant humanoid would look rather dumb on the big screen though and that's why we never saw Galactus in that second film. Odds are we'll never see him. (shrug)

it could be done, you just never show the full character. Glimpses, parts like a giant hand only or his glowing eyes.

Check this out:

F4_Galactus_Arrives_HF_v004_zps2c3b3d12.jpg

galactus-610x225_zps3bfc3488.png

611430-607599_galactus_head_super_zpsef555c7d.jpg

free-galactus-the-destroyer-wallpaper-download-wallpaper-galactus-downloadwallpaper-free-destroyer-download_zps270dc94b.jpg

Michael B. Jordan Discusses THE FANTASTIC FOUR 'Human Torch' Suit And Casting Backlash

-------------------

In a recent interview with the New York Daily News, rising star Michael B. Jordan discussed his role as Johnny Storm, aka Human Torch, in The Fantastic Four movie, suiting up for the first time, among other things. About the negative response to him playing the originally-white character, the Chronicle actor doesn't think about it. "Can't make everybody happy," he said. "I don't think anything about it."

-------------------

I just want to finally see a good FF film for once. Hope this is a step in the right direction.. Bring on Galactus already! !!!

Marvel FOX will probably never put the Galactus on-screen we know from the comics. Kirby's original concept of the character was that he was a big space monster a la Fin Fang Foom, but Lee thought that would be hard for people to identify with, so he asked Kirby to make him a giant humanoid. A giant humanoid would look rather dumb on the big screen though and that's why we never saw Galactus in that second film. Odds are we'll never see him. (shrug)

it could be done, you just never show the full character. Glimpses, parts like a giant hand only or his glowing eyes.

Check this out:

F4_Galactus_Arrives_HF_v004_zps2c3b3d12.jpg

galactus-610x225_zps3bfc3488.png

611430-607599_galactus_head_super_zpsef555c7d.jpg

free-galactus-the-destroyer-wallpaper-download-wallpaper-galactus-downloadwallpaper-free-destroyer-download_zps270dc94b.jpg

There is absolutely ZERO reason why they could not have Galactus appear on-screen as he looks in the comics. The above pics demonstrate Big G could look so bad- on the big screen.

...I mean, for gosh sakes, if a talking freaking raccoon who is a munitions expert and walking kick- tree can be accepted by the mainstream movie going public, how the heck could a world devouring Galactus not be? They can do it, they choose not to due to stupid logic. :frustrated:

Michael B. Jordan Discusses THE FANTASTIC FOUR 'Human Torch' Suit And Casting Backlash

-------------------

In a recent interview with the New York Daily News, rising star Michael B. Jordan discussed his role as Johnny Storm, aka Human Torch, in The Fantastic Four movie, suiting up for the first time, among other things. About the negative response to him playing the originally-white character, the Chronicle actor doesn't think about it. "Can't make everybody happy," he said. "I don't think anything about it."

-------------------

I don't think this movie will make anybody happy.

That'll teach 'em!

Marvel's Plans To Cancel FANTASTIC FOUR Ahead Of New Movie Release Confirmed

-------------------

THE END IS FOUREVER! Witness the closing act on the First Family of the Marvel Universe! THE INVADERS meet the FANTASTIC FOUR as the hunt for REED RICHARDS and the missing kids of the FUTURE FOUNDATION continues. Meanwhile the mastermind behind everything unveils his ultimate plan. But how does FRANKLIN RICHARDS factor in? And how does this all lead to…The END?! Collecting FANTASTIC FOUR #642-644 and the Triple Sized Final Issue 645!

-------------------

hm