• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four from Fox Studios (8/7/15)
1 1

3,245 posts in this topic

Simon Kinberg Reveals Why We Haven't Seen Anything From THE FANTASTIC FOUR

-----------------

"We’re putting it together now, and one of the important things, because this Fantastic Four is a reboot, and is such a different tonality and vibe from those other films, we want to make sure that the first thing we put out really expresses the voice of the movie, and isn’t compromised by not having visual effects ready, or anything like that."

-----------------

Sorry but my expectations are so low on this one.

I find it amazing he says they are making the movie for themselves and not the fans. Good philosophy...the film makers might be among a select few who go to see it then. :(

The whole reason you make a solid FF movie is for the fans...who will flock to the movie theatre if the movie sticks to the source material that generated the fans in the first place.

Disappointing to say the least.

Edited by Mark 1

I genuinely want this movie to absolutely bomb. I dont like how they are changing the characters, and I want FF to come home. Hopefully it sucks big time, which by all accounts, that seems to be where its headed.

I genuinely want this movie to absolutely bomb. I dont like how they are changing the characters, and I want FF to come home. Hopefully it sucks big time, which by all accounts, that seems to be where its headed.

Agreed. Feige knows how to build a movie franchise. The rest of the companies holding the rights are just ruining the franchises.

I'll concede that the last two X-men movies were good but the last ASM stank, and while I was excited to see the other FF movies when they came on the screen they are terrible when compared to what Marvel have been able to do with the Avengers.

In all likelihood I won't be seeing the new FF movie or another ASM movie unless there is absolutely nothing else to watch. They need to move these franchises back to Marvel before they are ruined for good and while Marvel can still do something with them.

The IMDb for FF is fairly telling. Click the small 'Full Cast & Crew' expansion and look at the rolls cast.

How I imagine it being:

Full on emo YA origin tale ...

"Ben's Mother", "Reed's Doctor", "Science Fair Student", "Mrs. Richards", "Street Racer", "Boy Classmate", "Science Fair Mom", etc.

Leading to: Idealistic FF blindsided by Military Industrial Complex...

"Area 57 Soldier", "Area 57 Tech", "Military Interrogator", "Baxter Boardroom Member", "Quantum Gate Scientist", "Reed's Guard" and so on.

...who manipulate the YA FF for nefarious political ends...

"South American Rebel", "Delta Force Operative", "Politician", "Pentagon General"

Could be totally wrong, but however it shakes out they've already got a FF2 IMDb'd.

I'll give it an open mind and watch it..... maybe not at the theatre unless it's not buried in the middle of a bunch of "must see" releases. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

This movie's gonna rock, can't wait! :banana:

doh!

I took my wife to the 2005 version, we still talk to this day about how bad it was and how corny the fan-boys in attendance were...what a revoltin' development that was! :sick:

You know average film-goers are not comic book fans. It could just happen that they really appreciate the film, and fans do not.

Do you know any average film goer that liked the first two films? I've never heard anyone say anything (good or bad) about either one.

The only people that "liked" the movies were fanboys. And even most of them (us :blush: ) didn't like them.

doh!

I took my wife to the 2005 version, we still talk to this day about how bad it was and how corny the fan-boys in attendance were...what a revoltin' development that was! :sick:

The 2005 movie actually made money, as it exceeded the 2.5X requirement to make that claim.

SYBuhtR.png

:o

So if the new movie breaks that barrier too, you may see a second film - but without the traditional costumes.

:ohnoez:

doh!

The 2005 movie actually made money, as it exceeded the 2.5X requirement to make that claim.

SYBuhtR.png

:o

So if the new movie breaks that barrier too, you may see a second film - but without the traditional costumes.

:ohnoez:

So somebody is seeing these movies.

I was just as surprised when I ran these reports. Even to see FF2 made as much as it did with the 'Cloud of Destruction' shocked me. But I guess at that point, it was an established sequel.

I was just as surprised when I ran these reports. Even to see FF2 made as much as it did with the 'Cloud of Destruction' shocked me. But I guess at that point, it was an established sequel.

Pop-culturally Silver Surfer may have a bigger footprint than FF. He's iconic. And at the time a 'live action' SS was unique enough to get butts in seats, don't you think?

In Breathless, Richard Gere had done for SS what Brando did for butter. On top of that everyone from jr high skateboarders to college professors were already fans of Silver Surfer. Mainstream knows SS.

Pop-culturally Silver Surfer may have a bigger footprint than FF. He's iconic. And at the time a 'live action' SS was unique enough to get butts in seats, don't you think?

I totally agree. And I bet that is what Marvel recognized when they tried to negotiate with Fox over the Silver Surfer and Galactus movie rights. I would love to see Marvel at the helm of a movie with those two characters. It would be amazing.

I totally agree. And I bet that is what Marvel recognized when they tried to negotiate with Fox over the Silver Surfer and Galactus movie rights. I would love to see Marvel at the helm of a movie with those two characters. It would be amazing.

We can only imagine. :cloud9: Done right SS could blow everything we've seen to date away.

You know average film-goers are not comic book fans. It could just happen that they really appreciate the film, and fans do not.

Do you know any average film goer that liked the first two films? I've never heard anyone say anything (good or bad) about either one.

The only people that "liked" the movies were fanboys. And even most of them (us :blush: ) didn't like them.

I liked both films, I thought the special effects were great, and it was a dream come true seeing my favorite characters come to life on the big screen.

I've seen both at least ten time(rerun on cable constantly)

Slightly goofy, but still very entertaining IMO

I liked both films, I thought the special effects were great, and it was a dream come true seeing my favorite characters come to life on the big screen.

I've seen both at least ten time(rerun on cable constantly)

Slightly goofy, but still very entertaining IMO

Right. You're a "fanboy". So am I.

I had high hopes for the first one. It was totally disappointing to me. I still haven't even seen the second one. And I sat through the Corman movie.

Non comic people talk about the Nolan Batman's. They talk about the Xmen. None of them talk about the FF.