• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four from Fox Studios (8/7/15)
1 1

3,245 posts in this topic

Well I guess for once we will actually get to see the strength of the actual comic book fans dollar against the general public at the movie theater. Will the complete lack of comics fans revenue be enough to topple this monstrosity and let Marvel have the rights? We can only hope.

One positive thing about this is that it could be SO bad, that Fox really loses money and let's the rights revert. Additionally, maybe prices for FF #5 will drop and I can upgrade my copy. :cloud9:

Won't yours drop in price also :devil:

Yeah, but I'm ok with that if it means I can afford to upgrade. :grin:

I'm usually a "wait and see" how it turns out before I pass judgement but every time I hear anything about this movie it makes me want to :sick:

And what does this even mean...

In regards to how Victor Domashev fits into the overall picture, Kebbell explained, “Yeah, it was cool man. Josh, the whole deal, the lo-fi way he did it, the ultra-real. It was just nice to do that. It was nice to be feeling like we had to come to terms with what was given by this incident.”

Yes, because the FF are "lo-fi" and "ultra real" - What made the Fantastic Four work, to me as a casual fan of the FF, was/is in enjoying the unreal/fantastic elements...I'm just waiting for one of them to say it is "dark and gritty"... doh!

Edited by Wall-Crawler

This just in: Galactus makes an appearance in the movie.

Galactus is a short older man with a big belly who flips burgers at "Planetary Burger". He provides comedy relief as the FF regularly meet for coffee at the joint while they discuss the day's events. Galactus eats the restaurant's signature "Earth Burger" through the day as the server ("Norrin") takes customers orders. Eventually the FF try to get Galactus to stop eating earth burgers so he doesn't get fired.

Reed eventually succeeds by using the salt shaker (the ultimate nullifier) on the burgers to make them too salty, as Galactus tries to keep his blood pressure in check to some extent.

I say give it a chance, sounds somewhat faithful to the comic.

A Stan Lee masterpiece reimagined by the internet. lol

I'm usually a "wait and see" how it turns out before I pass judgement but every time I hear anything about this movie it makes me want to :sick:

And what does this even mean...

In regards to how Victor Domashev fits into the overall picture, Kebbell explained, “Yeah, it was cool man. Josh, the whole deal, the lo-fi way he did it, the ultra-real. It was just nice to do that. It was nice to be feeling like we had to come to terms with what was given by this incident.”

Yes, because the FF are "lo-fi" and "ultra real" - What made the Fantastic Four work, to me as a casual fan of the FF, was/is in enjoying the unreal/fantastic elements...I'm just waiting for one of them to say it is "dark and gritty"... doh!

Yes because it's the Fantastically Realistic Four, hence they're low-fi and ultra real

Well I guess for once we will actually get to see the strength of the actual comic book fans dollar against the general public at the movie theater. Will the complete lack of comics fans revenue be enough to topple this monstrosity and let Marvel have the rights?
That is the billion dollar question right there.

Galactus is a short older man with a big belly who flips burgers at "Planetary Burger". He provides comedy relief as the FF regularly meet for coffee at the joint while they discuss the day's events. Galactus eats the restaurant's signature "Earth Burger" through the day as the server ("Norrin") takes customers orders. Eventually the FF try to get Galactus to stop eating earth burgers so he doesn't get fired.

Reed eventually succeeds by using the salt shaker (the ultimate nullifier) on the burgers to make them too salty, as Galactus tries to keep his blood pressure in check to some extent.

Bet you get a scripting credit as this sounds like the direction this creative team is going.

- Don't have the actors read the comics, as that would confuse them.

- Don't wear the uniforms, as that would confuse movie-goers.

- Don't have Doom be Doom - he's a deadly social media wizard instead.

What a bummer this is sounding to be. But watch. H.E.R.B.I.E. the Robot will show up, as Trank liked him as a kid.

:(

Sony would like your resume a.s.a.p.

They need you for their sequel.