• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four from Fox Studios (8/7/15)
1 1

3,245 posts in this topic

That'll teach 'em!

Marvel's Plans To Cancel FANTASTIC FOUR Ahead Of New Movie Release Confirmed

-------------------

THE END IS FOUREVER! Witness the closing act on the First Family of the Marvel Universe! THE INVADERS meet the FANTASTIC FOUR as the hunt for REED RICHARDS and the missing kids of the FUTURE FOUNDATION continues. Meanwhile the mastermind behind everything unveils his ultimate plan. But how does FRANKLIN RICHARDS factor in? And how does this all lead to…The END?! Collecting FANTASTIC FOUR #642-644 and the Triple Sized Final Issue 645!

-------------------

hm

THE END IS FOUREVER!

Haven't we heard this before from Marvel...

5250407477_73cdcaf49d.jpg

That'll teach 'em!

-------------------

THE END IS FOUREVER! Witness the closing act on the First Family of the Marvel Universe! THE INVADERS meet the FANTASTIC FOUR as the hunt for REED RICHARDS and the missing kids of the FUTURE FOUNDATION continues. Meanwhile the mastermind behind everything unveils his ultimate plan. But how does FRANKLIN RICHARDS factor in? And how does this all lead to…The END?! Collecting FANTASTIC FOUR #642-644 and the Triple Sized Final Issue 645!

-------------------

hm

I don`t know why Marvel is making such a big deal of this. You think they would make a stand with the X-Men, after all it`s the X-Men movies that are making the money for Fox that Marvel doesn`t see.

Why make a big deal out of a comic book that doesn`t break 30,000 sales a month?

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

That'll teach 'em!

-------------------

-------------------

hm

I don`t know why Marvel is making such a big deal of this. You think they would make a stand with the X-Men, after all it`s the X-Men movies that are making the money for Fox that Marvel doesn`t see.

Why make a big deal out of a comic book that doesn`t break 30,000 sales a month?

I think you answered your own question - their hope is to draw attention to a low seller - i.e., money grab. Can't really blame them.

I think you answered your own question - their hope is to draw attention to a low seller - i.e., money grab. Can't really blame them.

That's right. You figure promoting the "last" issue, they sell, say, 100,000 copies (including digital downloads). That's probably what they sell of the FF over 4 to 6 months absent the built-up promotion on this "last" issue. Then maybe wait a few more months and issue a reboot with #1, etc., which they hope will be buoyed be renewed reader interest from the FF movie reboot.

That's right. You figure promoting the "last" issue, they sell, say, 100,000 copies (including digital downloads). That's probably what they sell of the FF over 4 to 6 months absent the built-up promotion on this "last" issue. Then maybe wait a few more months and issue a reboot with #1, etc., which they hope will be buoyed be renewed reader interest from the FF movie reboot.

That is an extremely good theory.

Bingo!

The idea that they are getting rid of FF only temporarily to give some credence to a final issue and ultimately push sales doesn't hold much water when Marvel has put a moratorium on the production of FF stuff beyond just their appearance in comics.

The idea that they are getting rid of FF only temporarily to give some credence to a final issue and ultimately push sales doesn't hold much water when Marvel has put a moratorium on the production of FF stuff beyond just their appearance in comics.

Marvel trying to distance themselves from the stank that is coming off this movie

http://comicbook.com/2014/10/05/fantastic-four-will-wear-new-look-containment-suits-in-reboot/ a new interview with ABC's Good Morning America, Jordan revealed there are costumes. Jordan said, “It's a new look. We are all in containment suits. ... It's gritty. It's a gritty film.”

Ya, containment suits and grittier tone these changes will obviously make this a good movie. When was the F4 Ever gritty? :facepalm:

Marvel trying to distance themselves from the stank that is coming off this movie

You saw the movie already? Did you post a review somewhere for others to read?

http://comicbook.com/2014/10/05/fantastic-four-will-wear-new-look-containment-suits-in-reboot/ a new interview with ABC's Good Morning America, Jordan revealed there are costumes. Jordan said, “It's a new look. We are all in containment suits. ... It's gritty. It's a gritty film.”

Ya, containment suits and grittier tone these changes will obviously make this a good movie. When was the F4 Ever gritty? :facepalm:

You don't read moderns much, do you?

hmm, let's see: vitriol over casting, the same for everything that Josh Trank has said regarding the direction they're going, principal shooting completed and six weeks later they push back the release date from June to mid August, Marvel has likely seen the dailies or rough first cut.

from Screen Rant Oct 1:

In the midst of big 2015 films like Avengers: Age of Ultron, Terminator Genysis, Jurassic Park 4 and Star Wars Episode VII, we’re also getting a reboot of the Fantastic Four movie franchise – though you won’t likely find it on most people’s “Most Anticipated” list for the year.

First of all: there’s been criminally little marketing or promotional material for the movie – a big missed opportunity, as far as we’re concerned. Secondly, the casting has been way off target from what most fans expected; actors Miles Teller (That Awkward Moment), Kate Mara (House of Cards), Miles B. Jordan (Chronicle) and Jamie Bell (Jumper) are playing the principal four roles of Reed Richards, Sue Storm, Johnny Storm and Ben Grimm – while Dawn of the Planet of the Apes actor Toby Kebbell will play the villain Doctor Doom, and Incredible Hulk star Tim Blake Nelson is playing Harvey Elder, a.k.a. Mole Man. Third, what vague story hints we’ve gotten have pointed to a revamped origin story (leaning more toward the Ultimate continuity) that may or may not draw from the comic books. All in all, The Fantastic Four is not getting a lot of love.

Chronicle director Josh Trank (and subsequently 21st Century Fox) is currently banking hard on the fact that completed footage will draw people into seeing this film – because there is near-zero hype working for them, thus far. Nonetheless, the cast of the film has had to do the usual cheerleading for their movie – which has sometimes been more to its detriment than its benefit.

Edited by paperheart

hmm, let's see: vitriol over casting, the same for everything that Josh Trank has said regarding the direction they're going, principal shooting completed and six weeks later they push back the release date from June to mid August, Marvel has likely seen the dailies or rough first cut.

from Screen Rant Oct 1:

In the midst of big 2015 films like Avengers: Age of Ultron, Terminator Genysis, Jurassic Park 4 and Star Wars Episode VII, we’re also getting a reboot of the Fantastic Four movie franchise – though you won’t likely find it on most people’s “Most Anticipated” list for the year.

First of all: there’s been criminally little marketing or promotional material for the movie – a big missed opportunity, as far as we’re concerned. Secondly, the casting has been way off target from what most fans expected; actors Miles Teller (That Awkward Moment), Kate Mara (House of Cards), Miles B. Jordan (Chronicle) and Jamie Bell (Jumper) are playing the principal four roles of Reed Richards, Sue Storm, Johnny Storm and Ben Grimm – while Dawn of the Planet of the Apes actor Toby Kebbell will play the villain Doctor Doom, and Incredible Hulk star Tim Blake Nelson is playing Harvey Elder, a.k.a. Mole Man. Third, what vague story hints we’ve gotten have pointed to a revamped origin story (leaning more toward the Ultimate continuity) that may or may not draw from the comic books. All in all, The Fantastic Four is not getting a lot of love.

Chronicle director Josh Trank (and subsequently 21st Century Fox) is currently banking hard on the fact that completed footage will draw people into seeing this film – because there is near-zero hype working for them, thus far. Nonetheless, the cast of the film has had to do the usual cheerleading for their movie – which has sometimes been more to its detriment than its benefit.

I'd have to agree - with as hot as Marvel is with their films, the absolute last thing they would want is a movie that sounds this bad to tarnish their image. I can totally see the strategy behind what they are doing now.