• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four from Fox Studios (8/7/15)
1 1

3,245 posts in this topic

Not sure what you guys are seeing that I am not.

Trailer looked by far one of the worst comic books movies of all time!

Can't judge a movie by its trailer -- correction, you can, see, e.g., the Green Lantern trailer, which made it clear as day that the film itself was going to be an intellectually inferior superhero movie, which it was.

The flicker of hope in this FF trailer is the Christopher Nolan-esque vibe here. It's dark, brooding, serious. Everything we've been reading is that the focus is on the characters and their familial-type relationships, and less the CGI gimmicks. Again, this movie might be a bomb, but there are flashes of hope. The costumes have an actual purpose; the Thing coming out of a boulder? interesting; Sue Storm looks down to Earth and not like some eye-candy 21-year-old who can't act; Reed has the geek look to him. Again, flashes of hope.

That scene of Reed and Ben as children in the garage conducting some science experiment ... that will definitely get my kids' attention. :applause: I think all of us became engrossed with FF comics when we were tweens/teens.

Edited by zosocane

So what was the final back story for Johnny and Sue? When they first announced that Storm would not be White, almost everyone assumed that he was going to be adopted. Now that we can see that Dr. Storm (the father) is Black as well, what is the family dynamic or have they even said yet?

So what was the final back story for Johnny and Sue? When they first announced that Storm would not be White, almost everyone assumed that he was going to be adopted. Now that we can see that Dr. Storm (the father) is Black as well, what is the family dynamic or have they even said yet?

Reverse "Different Strokes"? Rich black family adopts poor white girl?

"What you talking about Johnny!"

And here's the final shot of the full team:

ScreenShot2015-01-27at102341AM_zps2aa20b1f.png

Ben doesn't seem to be wearing any clothes. Is he going to be walking around with his "thing" hanging out for the whole movie?

I've also wondered, why is he completely rocky skinned but yet whenever he puts clothes on, either a shirt or his usual trunks, all the clothes lay completely flat and smooth against him. Shouldn't you be able to tell his skin is rocky and bumpy through the fabric? Even if it is made of unstable molecules? Is his dork made of orange rock? (Sorry…Brodie moment!)

Not sure what you guys are seeing that I am not.

Trailer looked by far one of the worst comic books movies of all time!

I agree, they won't get one dime of my money.

+1

Looks like krap to me. meh

First off, let me say, the trailer didn't turn me off to seeing this at the theatre. It's maybe even intrigued me a bit.

Having said that....

1) Non comic adults are going to see this and think 'kids movie'. The odds of this breaking out into a larger market are not good. Reed Richards has pimples for god's sake.

ScreenShot2015-01-27at102925AM_zpsab410ed6.png

He can be a pretty good lead actor. He did fine work in The Spectacular Now with Shailene Woodley. Oddly, he played her main rival in Divergent right after. But her lover in "The Fault in our Stars" played her brother in Divergent. It begs the question, will Shailene Woodley appear in this movie? lol

2) I like Kate Mara, and when they show her with blonde hair, she makes a good Sue Storm. She's also a quality, proven actress.

ScreenShot2015-01-27at102743AM_zps8ffba37c.png

I've always thought young brunette Kate looked a bit too much like Jessica Simpson. She was the spitting image of her in the Walberg vehicle Shooter. Nice to see Mara return to her superhero roots (Zoom).

Or better yet. How about just consolidate the conversation in the FF thread that has been taking place for weeks.

I think this thread was started in CG and got moved. Or I imagined it was. Not sure.

You are correct in that it was. And it is safe to assume every time someone does that, the mods are going to move that thread to the sub-forum now to keep things clean.

Is anyone really not aware there is a TV and movie sub-forum now?

The trailer looks very average.

No excitement.

It doesn`t look like a bad movie, but the Avengers and Star Wars trailers blow it away.

With Mission Impossible 5 going up against it I expect it to be destroyed at the box office. :o

Like I said it don`t look bad, but not many people will go out and see it after this trailer.

I`m still holding out hope. :wishluck:

2) I like Kate Mara, and when they show her with blonde hair, she makes a good Sue Storm. She's also a quality, proven actress.

ScreenShot2015-01-27at102743AM_zps8ffba37c.png

I've always thought young brunette Kate looked a bit too much like Jessica Simpson. She was the spitting image of her in the Walberg vehicle Shooter. Nice to see Mara return to her superhero roots (Zoom).

She's working on a movie now called 'The Martian'.

----------------

An astronaut, left behind, uses his experience and knowledge to continue his existence on an alien planet in the hopes that one day he will be rescued.

----------------

I wonder if she will linked to Sci-Fi projects now.