• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four from Fox Studios (8/7/15)
1 1

3,245 posts in this topic

Final FANTASTIC FOUR trailer focuses on Doctor Doom, finally gets the tone right

This new trailer goes a long way to fixing those issues for me. Reed Richards is finally shown as a scientific genius who has little grasp on social niceties or safety protocols (which is probably how they all end up in the teleporters to begin with). Johnny Storm gets to let loose with his trademarked snark. The plot finally puts in an appearance, with the government hoping to utilize the team as a weapon while Johnny and Sue’s dad tries to stop them. And we finally get a good look a Doctor Doom, who’s scarred body is leaps and bounds better than whatever was happening in the 2005 version.

:applause:

Final FANTASTIC FOUR trailer focuses on Doctor Doom, finally gets the tone right

This new trailer goes a long way to fixing those issues for me. Reed Richards is finally shown as a scientific genius who has little grasp on social niceties or safety protocols (which is probably how they all end up in the teleporters to begin with). Johnny Storm gets to let loose with his trademarked snark. The plot finally puts in an appearance, with the government hoping to utilize the team as a weapon while Johnny and Sue’s dad tries to stop them. And we finally get a good look a Doctor Doom, who’s scarred body is leaps and bounds better than whatever was happening in the 2005 version.

:applause:

Exactly. I wasn't interested in any FF before this recent trailer, but now I honestly think this is a great way to handle them. I love the origin change to the negative zone, the life time of genius and awkwardness from Reed, as well as what IMO is a good origin & look for doom - it seems like he will actually have something he can blame reed for (and his space suite fusing with his body into the mental skin is a good way to force him into armour for the rest of his life).

That poster though....Thing needs pants. I don't care if he no longer has any 'junk' down there he is still human and psychologically he may feel uncomfortable being fully naked (hell if most people are ashamed of their bodies then Ben of all people would also feel that way since it takes him awhile to come to terms with his monstrous look).

Exactly. I wasn't interested in any FF before this recent trailer, but now I honestly think this is a great way to handle them. I love the origin change to the negative zone, the life time of genius and awkwardness from Reed, as well as what IMO is a good origin & look for doom - it seems like he will actually have something he can blame reed for (and his space suite fusing with his body into the mental skin is a good way to force him into armour for the rest of his life).

That poster though....Thing needs pants. I don't care if he no longer has any 'junk' down there he is still human and psychologically he may feel uncomfortable being fully naked (hell if most people are ashamed of their bodies then Ben of all people would also feel that way since it takes him awhile to come to terms with his monstrous look).

+1 re the Thing. I really don't know what they were thinking of. The Kirby wrestler shorts are classic and defines the Thing. Maybe it will be taken care of later in the film. But isn't Marvel making toys/figures on these characters? How awkward.

Beyond the Thing fashion faux-pas, I'm really looking forward to this movie.

The hate is so strong in this thread,it would make the Sith Lord blush lol
...and no one is forcing anyone to watch these movies either. lol

You didn't like the trailer, voiced your opinion and in the words of Queen Elsa "Let It Go".

I saw the Paul Plart 2 trailer. I didn't go over to the Sony forums and tell them how much I hated it times infinity, so when it got panned, everyone knew I was right.

Best of all, I don't see movies that I don't like the trailers to (I really don't watch trailers anymore anyway). But, I got a feeling a lot of these Rex Reed wannabes, are gonna watch it anyway, so they got something to complain about.

Kudos to the folks on here, who kept an open mind.

Final international trailer.

looks avg. still hasn't really changed my mind one way or another. I'm happy to wait for the reviews.

looks avg. still hasn't really changed my mind one way or another. I'm happy to wait for the reviews.

It would appear either the last trailers brought new interest or not as much as was needed. Those reviews will start showing up soon enough (3 weeks).

The hate is so strong in this thread,it would make the Sith Lord blush lol
...and no one is forcing anyone to watch these movies either. lol

You didn't like the trailer, voiced your opinion and in the words of Queen Elsa "Let It Go".

Since there've been plenty of different trailers and promotional material, and plenty of 'positive' opinions based on them, none of which you're telling to 'Let it Go', I'm curious as to why you think you can tell people with a negative opinion that they shouldn't share it.

We get it. You don't agree with the negative opinion and have nothing to defend against the lame garbage they presented this movie with, so you've resorted to the passive aggressive equivalent of telling us to 'Shut Up.'

I saw the Paul Plart 2 trailer. I didn't go over to the Sony forums and tell them how much I hated it times infinity, so when it got panned, everyone knew I was right.

You could have. No one said you couldn't. No one's telling you to 'Let it Go'.

Best of all, I don't see movies that I don't like the trailers to (I really don't watch trailers anymore anyway). But, I got a feeling a lot of these Rex Reed wannabes, are gonna watch it anyway, so they got something to complain about.

I can't speak for anyone but myself, but I'm not spending a penny on this movie.

Kudos to the folks on here, who kept an open mind.

Yes, kudos. When you're comparing it to the Green Lantern movie after seeing it, don't say we didn't warn you.

Looks like a lot of rehashing of the same old junk.

..or in Thing's case, removing the junk altogether!

:roflmao:

Beat me to it!!! (Unlike the thing who can't beat anything)

It's BOBBITTING TIME! :grin:

Final international trailer.

The Thing spoke in this trailer and he didn't have a gravely voice. He just had the actors regular voice. It didn't seem to fit. The guys body gets turned to living stone, how can he have the same regular voice?

I never noticed The Thing's voice was gravely when I read the FF comics. (shrug)

Looks as bad as the previous 2 FF films only with extra emo.

My thoughts exactly. Actually cringed at some of the circa 1990 action movie dialogue.

"This is our chance to make a difference!"

"We do it our way!"

"What if we say no?"

"Say yes."