• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four from Fox Studios (8/7/15)
1 1

3,245 posts in this topic

I posted in the Antman thread that I saw a very good trailer today at that movie, much better than any I've seen so far. I did make me want to go see the movie, where before I was waiting for Netflix.

My biggest problem is, I think of Reed with gray sideburns,so I always thought of him as a little more mature, maybe in his 30's at least... in this, he's a kid.

They aiming this movie at the Justin Bieber and SpongeBob crowd.

It could work, than again maybe not.

hm

I posted in the Antman thread that I saw a very good trailer today at that movie, much better than any I've seen so far. I did make me want to go see the movie, where before I was waiting for Netflix.

My biggest problem is, I think of Reed with gray sideburns,so I always thought of him as a little more mature, maybe in his 30's at least... in this, he's a kid.

hm

this is a target demo? You've been hanging out at too many marketing meetings

hm

That and what Nick said make sense. I had to erase my comments about the Thing cause I know where they'd wind up...but his look is too different and he should sound like he's from Brooklyn or something;)

$_35.JPG

Hector...please don't show those to my husband, he'll want them;)

there is with 'people who will buy any superhero garbage a studio will put out'.

I mean really.... it's been that way with the actual comics themselves for decades.

This is how I feel about every Marvel movie being made. It doesn't matter what they do as long as that Marvel/Disney logo is on it.

But they've been pretty good. When someone's on a roll, they generally tend to get approval for whatever they have next.

They keep putting out trailers and people keep commenting, I'm likely to throw my 2 cents in. Why is it the negative opinion's are the only one's beating a dead horse?

I guess from my perspective, whenever there are a new set of posts in this thread, the majority of them say the same thing that they said the day before. The trailer sucks, the movie sucks, Trank sucks etc. I don't think anyone likes it enough for me to say the opposite. "Stop beating the dead horse for liking this movie too much" While I agree some decisions have raised an eyebrow, the movie does still interest me. Especially because it's completely different. Maybe I'm weird that way but I still want to see this. Can it be that bad?

Probably not.

I'm not sure how to answer your last point, so I don't have a counter point to that. Uncle?

We're not wrestling!

Remember this is Ultimate FF, not the Lee/Kirby vision of a Reed Richards in his late 40s smoking a pipe. In the Ultimate FF, they're college kids. These actors are in their late 20s.

Remember this is Ultimate FF, not the Lee/Kirby vision of a Reed Richards in his late 40s smoking a pipe. In the Ultimate FF, they're college kids. These actors are in their late 20s.

Then they need to call it "Ultimate, lol...or the Fake Fantastic Four.

My husband is always asking if the guy in the movie is a "real super hero or a fake one"...I'm not sure how he defines the difference, lol...but maybe this is it;)

Now I have to go read the "Ultimate Fantastic Four"...:sorry:

But they've been pretty good. When someone's on a roll, they generally tend to get approval for whatever they have next.

Have they? I really think that's perception and the overall "shared universe" factor

if you were to rate the movies individually and on their own merits, less than half of them (at least to me) are meh

IM1 - :thumbsup:

IM2 - meh

Thor - meh

CA1 - :thumbsup:

Avengers :thumbsup:

IM3 - :sick:

Thor2 - meh

CA2 - :thumbsup:

GOTG - :thumbsup:

I haven't seen the last two (AV2 and Ant-Man)

hm

BINGO! That's why I refuse to watch that "flash" tv series. It's basically "Kidz bop" flash.

Then they need to call it "Ultimate, lol...or the Fake Fantastic Four.

:grin::applause:

Have they? I really think that's perception and the overall "shared universe" factor

if you were to rate the movies individually and on their own merits, less than half of them (at least to me) are meh

IM2 - meh

Thor - meh

Thor2 - meh

IM2 - :whatev:

Thor - :)

CA1 - meh

Avengers : :)

IM3 - :blush::)

Thor2 - :)

GOTG - (worship)

Big Hero 6 - :popcorn:

There was a much better trailer shown for this at the AntMan showing. Much more serious. They should have been using that trailer all along.

That must have been the one I saw, I thought it was tons better than the others.

IM2 - meh

Thor - meh

Thor2 - meh

No offense to your opinion or mine, but the only voice Marvel hears is at the box office.

The worst of those last 5 movies beat it's domestic budget by almost $40MIL, and the last 3: Cap2 (+$80MIL), GOTG (+160MIL), and AV2 (+205MIL), pretty much cement the notion that Marvel is on a roll. Regardless of what me, you or anyone thinks of the 'content'.

To Marvel, MONEY is the sound of people saying (thumbs u

The last FF movie squeaked past it's budget, and from 2003 until this last X-men DOFP movie, the BEST any of the X-Men movies could do vs it's domestic budget was still under $30MIL. (shrug)

Fox needs a few more X-men DOFP numbers before anyone's going to start thinking they got it all together.

IM2 - meh

Thor - meh

Thor2 - meh

IM2 - :whatev:

Thor - :)

CA1 - meh

Avengers : :)

IM3 - :blush::)

Thor2 - :)

GOTG - (worship)

Big Hero 6 - :popcorn:

This is how it goes for me.

IM - (worship)

IM 2 - (thumbs u

IM 3 - :/

CA - (thumbs u

THOR - (thumbs u

AVG - (worship)

GOTG - (worship)

AOU - (thumbs u

Have not seen Thor TDW or Winter Soldier.

IM2 - meh

Thor - meh

Thor2 - meh

No offense to your opinion or mine, but the only voice Marvel hears is at the box office.

The worst of those last 5 movies beat it's domestic budget by almost $40MIL, and the last 3: Cap2 (+$80MIL), GOTG (+160MIL), and AV2 (+205MIL), pretty much cement the notion that Marvel is on a roll. Regardless of what me, you or anyone thinks of the 'content'.

To Marvel, MONEY is the sound of people saying (thumbs u

The last FF movie squeaked past it's budget, and from 2003 until this last X-men DOFP movie, the BEST any of the X-Men movies could do vs it's domestic budget was still under $30MIL. (shrug)

Fox needs a few more X-men DOFP numbers before anyone's going to start thinking they got it all together.

There's no disagreement there. They are making money like crazy. I was just questioning if the movies were really any good and it was in response to your comment

'people who will buy any superhero garbage a studio will put out'.

Marvel has done a brilliant job executing their movie line. Just like their comics, use tie ins to increase the overall readership (in this case viewership). If these were standalone movies (without an Avengers tie-in) I doubt we'd be seeing the numbers that we are seeing.

each of these movies gets a residual effect from the last one. The only one that we saw overcome that (and stand on its own) was GOTG because it was a very solid (acting/directing/story) movie. So was CAWS but the rest have been ok. They are still fun to me because I love superheroes but folks say "GREAT" when in fact they are probably not.

There is no doubt a Halo effect going on with Marvel and asking everyone to be just as critical with them seems to not be going anywhere so I will drop it.

I finally saw Mad Max Fury Road. WOW. That is a great movie.