• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comics, Pulps, and Paperbacks: Why such a discrepancy in values?
25 25

7,103 posts in this topic

On 7/31/2022 at 5:38 PM, Pat Calhoun said:

got some new SF digest novels...

killerjr.jpg

seedslife.jpg

xota.jpg

amaznov.jpg

Sweet! "20 Million Miles" has always been considered a Sci-Fi collection trophy piece 👍

What a great cover and the story is classic. I had one back when but still looking for my keeper.

The Galaxy digests are great. I think I have most of them that I want. "Seeds of Life" is probably dated but I always loved it! "Killer to Come" is great art!

On 7/30/2022 at 10:01 PM, Sarg said:

This cover is hilarious. I love how '50s PB publishers reduced the entirety of literature down to a singular, tawdry aesthetic: "Good Girl Art." Every cover -- every author -- every genre -- every era.

Frankenstein.jpeg

Sarg, I agree, but also with a different perspective... GGA has kept thousands of books relevant that have become irrelevant otherwise because of their lack of meaning to "modern" readers. Not talking about this "Frankenstein" edition though, it's an exception 🤘

Just throwing it out there that Illustration #77 with the Raymond Johnson article is finally back from the printer and Dan has it posted for purchase on the website now 

http://www.theillustratedpress.com

I hope dropping a link doesn't get me in jail. This message board is mentioned in the article :)

I'd like to post a reminder tomorrow about the Livestream I'm doing with Ruben DaCollector tomorrow evening. I'd love to see any boardies drop by. Ruben is quite entertaining and there will be TONS of paperback art shown!

Edited by Surfing Alien

On 8/6/2022 at 8:43 PM, Surfing Alien said:

Just throwing it out there that Illustration #77 with the Raymond Johnson arricle is finally back from the printer and Dan has it posted for purchase on the website now 

http://www.theillustratedpress.com

I hope dropping a link doesn't get me in jail. This message board is mentioned in the article :)

I'd like to post a reminder tomorrow about the Livestream I'm doing with Ruben DaCollector tomorrow evening. I'd love to see any boardies drop by. Ruben is quite entertaining and there will be TONS of paperback art shown!

Very cool, SA!!  Can't wait to get my hands on a copy!  :applause: