• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comics, Pulps, and Paperbacks: Why such a discrepancy in values?
25 25

6,948 posts in this topic

On 6/24/2022 at 12:44 PM, Surfing Alien said:

:cloud9: Croydon 9K, the second numbered Croydon digest. Cover art by L.B. Cole.

These L.B. Cole Croydon mysterys are the kind of thing I'd pay the freight to complete but they just never turn up anymore, anywhere :frown: so I'll just plod along filling the holes once a year or so and sharing with you, my friends. The black covers are in great shape for these and the pages are blazing white :takeit:

1533646264_CroydonNN.thumb.jpg.2342ef3cac17db844692992d7e24b2e6.jpg

Croydon NNb.jpg

Nice find, SA!  Likewise, I've been working on those for a long time.  Very tough to find in decent shape and yours looks pretty sweet!  :applause:

On 6/24/2022 at 1:44 PM, Surfing Alien said:

:cloud9: Croydon 9K, the second numbered Croydon digest. Cover art by L.B. Cole.

These L.B. Cole Croydon mysterys are the kind of thing I'd pay the freight to complete but they just never turn up anymore, anywhere :frown: so I'll just plod along filling the holes once a year or so and sharing with you, my friends. The black covers are in great shape for these and the pages are blazing white :takeit:

1533646264_CroydonNN.thumb.jpg.2342ef3cac17db844692992d7e24b2e6.jpg

Croydon NNb.jpg

Good one!  I'm a big LB Cole collector and haven't found this one yet - although I have a bunch.  Good for you!  Shh.... don't tell anyone that these exist.....

On 6/24/2022 at 6:35 PM, pmpknface said:

It's ok... and I sub to that thread too and saw that.  At least I have like 15 of his pulp covers already.  :headbang:

If you have 15, you can't be missing many. I think he only did the Croydon mysteries and romances, the 2 Stork Novels, the 2 Love Romances, and the couple of little Crime pamphlets? Of course they are all rare but let us know if we're missing any hm

Can anyone pinpoint what the first flying saucer illustrated depiction would be?  There are so many illustrations of space craft but I'm curious to seeing an image of the classic flying saucer ufo that would become a staple of society especially after the Roswell incident in 1947.