• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comics, Pulps, and Paperbacks: Why such a discrepancy in values?
25 25

7,103 posts in this topic

On 8/9/2022 at 5:48 PM, BakerFanOne said:

Here are a few more digests:

image.thumb.jpeg.933c9fdd31d81738f057122f042edd37.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.91cfa8da38307b77d3f4a1b64c52f858.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.0b4d6050aad037fb57605b2dc91001be.jpeg

George Gross and Howell Dodd did many of the covers for the Rainbows and Falcons, as well as the Best True Fact Mags. Some of the covers were used on both the digests and the mags. BTW, where have you been? We collect the same stuff lol! Great posts!

On 8/9/2022 at 3:41 PM, Surfing Alien said:

George Gross and Howell Dodd did many of the covers for the Rainbows and Falcons, as well as the Best True Fact Mags. Some of the covers were used on both the digests and the mags. BTW, where have you been? We collect the same stuff lol! Great posts!

So I consider myself a comic collector first - but I love good girl art covers so Matt Baker, Wally Wood  and Jack Kamen are some of my favorites.  But I also love Peter Driben, Enoch Bolles, George Gross and many others who did incredible covers for magazines, pulps and digest.  I have stored most of my digests and crime mags and not taken a good look at them in about 10 years.  Always fun to look through some of my past purchases.  Glad many others have the same taste as me!

On 8/9/2022 at 8:02 PM, frozentundraguy said:

A couple of recent purchases.

Notched another book in the AFR series. There is a fairly early story by Ray Bradbury.

image.jpeg.d2599c04af22820ba7154440be5f3f92.jpeg

Also picked up the October 1962 issue of Astounding Stories for the conclusion of Blish's Cities in Flight 2 part story.

image.jpeg.84a4025a39835b2a8dfae3dcb1f8f220.jpeg

Those are so cool! Love that artwork!

On 8/9/2022 at 7:19 PM, BakerFanOne said:

So I consider myself a comic collector first - but I love good girl art covers so Matt Baker, Wally Wood  and Jack Kamen are some of my favorites.  But I also love Peter Driben, Enoch Bolles, George Gross and many others who did incredible covers for magazines, pulps and digest.  I have stored most of my digests and crime mags and not taken a good look at them in about 10 years.  Always fun to look through some of my past purchases.  Glad many others have the same taste as me!

💯 Just keep doing what you are doing🤘 Great stuff!