• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comics, Pulps, and Paperbacks: Why such a discrepancy in values?
25 25

6,939 posts in this topic

On 2/13/2023 at 8:14 PM, BitterOldMan said:

Kayo Books had the book on their Instagram feed.  The owner gave me the book free of charge after finding loose pages.  The owners, Maria Mendoza and Rob Blum, are super nice and have an oddball esoteric selection of books for sale.  They are open by appointment.

As I will say every time it comes up, KAYO is an awesome store.

On 2/21/2023 at 6:23 PM, Surfing Alien said:

It's a good day when you close out the two holes in your high grade vintage Himes collection :headbang:  I've found these two to be his toughest in high grade.

For Love of Imabelle, cover art by Mitchell Hooks

20230221_175719.thumb.jpg.d74cb9ea98f9e1be956c58ddf6f50f71.jpg

That body is indeed lovely but not very "dusky."

On 2/24/2023 at 8:50 PM, OtherEric said:

Today's pickup:

Murder Mystery Monthly 12.jpg

You are really working those MMM's! When I started my first collection I aimed to get them all. I got about half way there. I have fewer now but you're whetting the appetite again. They have a great look with that nappy skull colophon.

On 2/24/2023 at 5:59 PM, Surfing Alien said:

You are really working those MMM's! When I started my first collection I aimed to get them all. I got about half way there. I have fewer now but you're whetting the appetite again. They have a great look with that nappy skull colophon.

They do look great.  I'm slightly second guessing myself having gone for the paperback rather than the MMM on The Big Sleep, but it's hard to regret the choice I made.  I wonder how the book situation will look at Emerald City next week...