• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vault Grading?????????....huh?

857 posts in this topic

The misspelling of "odorless" on many of their labels as "oderless" is certainly not going to help their initial impressions on the market... lol

which grammar school did you drop out of DA ...LMAO

o·dor·less

ˈōdərlis/

adjective

adjective: odourless; adjective: odorless

having no odor.

"an odorless gas"

synonyms: unscented, fragrance-free; More

Unless I missed your point you just proved him right!

Shhh...he's got more books to grade as "oderless."

The misspelling of "odorless" on many of their labels as "oderless" is certainly not going to help their initial impressions on the market... lol

o·dor·less

ˈōdərlis/

adjective

having no odor.

"an odorless gas"

Unless I missed your point you just proved him right!

Me, too. Not sure what the point was...

Dr Neff swears by Vault Grading services. all his books he gives to childrens are vault graded. CGC not as good.

for odor issues Vault sprays offending book with perfume from France.

Go with the VAULT

Dr Neff swears by Vault Grading services. all his books he gives to childrens are vault graded. CGC not as good.

for odor issues Vault sprays offending book with perfume from France.

Go with the VAULT

hm

Eau de Toilet

In 'Merica we say Toilet Water

Is Vault a company in France? hm

At least I got mine before they were NARU'd. It's a beauty. Too bad about the PQ downgrade. :banana:

N7mLJnYl.jpgVc8861Ql.jpg

How can a book 6 months old have off-white to white pages?

Paper can dull surprisingly quickly. A friend who is a Target manager told that they replace the paperback books each month by walking along the rack and looking at the tops of the books. The off-white books get packed up and returned, the white books are the recent ones. He said the color changes after 30 days.

I'd like to believe that. But when a book like this:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7438390#Post7438390

With obvious fading gets white pages and books from the 50's up have white pages, I'd call your friend a liar.

+1

what book publishing company could stay in business if all their books were returned in 30 days.....

At least I got mine before they were NARU'd. It's a beauty. Too bad about the PQ downgrade. :banana:

N7mLJnYl.jpgVc8861Ql.jpg

Paper can dull surprisingly quickly. A friend who is a Target manager told that they replace the paperback books each month by walking along the rack and looking at the tops of the books. The off-white books get packed up and returned, the white books are the recent ones. He said the color changes after 30 days.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7438390#Post7438390

With obvious fading gets white pages and books from the 50's up have white pages, I'd call your friend a liar.

+1

what book publishing company could stay in business if all their books were returned in 30 days.....

it's page quality, not page color.... fully supple paper could have been printed on darker paper intially (remember, all pulp is bleached white, it is not white naturally), so the pq=white reflects the suppleness, not just the color (thumbs u

N7mLJnYl.jpgVc8861Ql.jpg

+1

it's page quality, not page color.... fully supple paper could have been printed on darker paper intially (remember, all pulp is bleached white, it is not white naturally), so the pq=white reflects the suppleness, not just the color (thumbs u

i have never heard this before. so supple yellow could theoretically be called 'white off-white'?

So whats the consensus thus far? Legitimate? I'd say theyre better than PGX no? :shrug:

Depends on your definition of legitimate. I have no reason to believe they, or he, knows how to grade, or how to spot resto.

So whats the consensus thus far? Legitimate? I'd say theyre better than PGX no? :shrug:

Probably too soon to tell but they are too expensive. The only reason PGX still exists is their price. Vault is charging more than CGC on their grading, I think that is a bad decision on their (Vault) part.

N7mLJnYl.jpgVc8861Ql.jpg

+1

i have never heard this before. so supple yellow could theoretically be called 'white off-white'?

If it was known to be printed on yellow paper.

Might be called ow to yellow.

Or like some ga books printed on pink or blue paper, you will see some designations like cr/pink

o·dor·less

ˈōdərlis/

adjective

having no odor.

"an odorless gas"

Um, perhaps you can find the definition for "o DER less"...which is what I was making fun of. Which you obviously missed.

But, WTTB genius...I'm sure I speak for us all when I say I greatly look forward to your next witty post! :makepoint:

o·dor·less

ˈōdərlis/

adjective

having no odor.

"an odorless gas"

Um, perhaps you can find the definition for "o DER less"...which is what I was making fun of. Which you obviously missed.

But, WTTB genius...I'm sure I speak for us all when I say I greatly look forward to your next witty post! :makepoint:

+2

I just bought a vault comic on eBay...9.6 and will see how this compares to my other CGC 9.6s

The price was right so I gave it a shot. We will see soon. Pics will be posted when I get it.

If the book is as nice as it seems I may get it graded by CGC.

$55 for graders notes? I feel like these guys are coming at a good time to compete, but not with their current offerings. And the regrade just sounds fishy. Shame.

That's just insane :screwy: