• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,481 posts in this topic

From the guy who always complains about fake sales being posted, I don't know why he's now arguing the opposite...... If the sale doesn't show up on GPA, then it didn't close, period (for ebay sales). Of course, sometimes the other way around can happen (a sale that is reported on GPA shouldn't be), but that's not what we're talking about here.

To the original poster. I'd think the market value is in the $10.5K-$12.5K range (they are typically wide ranges because not all 3.0s are created equal!). So I'd say you should try to shoot for $10K-$10.5K for the nicest copy you can find, but you may not be successful.

Best of luck! Perhaps you can find a seller here or a dealer that would like to save on fees and pass some of those savings on to you.

That is utterly false.

And good luck trying to find any CGC 3.0 slab for $300-$850 less than what a Voldemort slab just went for. :eyeroll:

-J.

From the guy who always complains about fake sales being posted, I don't know why he's now arguing the opposite...... If the sale doesn't show up on GPA, then it didn't close, period (for ebay sales). Of course, sometimes the other way around can happen (a sale that is reported on GPA shouldn't be), but that's not what we're talking about here.

To the original poster. I'd think the market value is in the $10.5K-$12.5K range (they are typically wide ranges because not all 3.0s are created equal!). So I'd say you should try to shoot for $10K-$10.5K for the nicest copy you can find, but you may not be successful.

Best of luck! Perhaps you can find a seller here or a dealer that would like to save on fees and pass some of those savings on to you.

That is utterly false.

And good luck trying to find any CGC 3.0 slab for $300-$850 less than what a Voldemort slab just went for. :eyeroll:

-J.

:facepalm:

This sale you're trying to promote as gospel doesn't even appear on ebay ain any sold listing.....FYI.

And your last statement is just silly, because the last sale is not the only data point that matters....... for example, a cgc 4.0 sold for $13K recently and a Voldy 4.0 sold for $17.0K. Now I agree that on balance the cgc market price is higher, but that's irrelevant to my point; that there are a whole lot more (data) points to be looked at.

And since you're apparently so knowledgable on GPA (without a subscription, no less), then show us some sales that actually closed on ebay that GPA doesn't capture. would be happy to engage George to join this conversation.

That is utterly false.

-J.

This sale you're trying to promote as gospel doesn't even appear on ebay ain any sold listing.....FYI.

And your last statement is just silly, because the last sale is not the only data point that matters....... for example, a cgc 4.0 sold for $13K recently and a Voldy 4.0 sold for $17.0K. Now I agree that on balance the cgc market price is higher, but that's irrelevant to my point; that there are a whole lot more (data) points to be looked at.

And since you're apparently so knowledgable on GPA (without a subscription, no less), then show us some sales that actually closed on ebay that GPA doesn't capture. would be happy to engage George to join this conversation.

George will be the first to tell you that they don't capture everything. In fact, he gladly welcomes any new or different data to be brought to his attention if it was missed or was incorrect from any of the sources they receive their points from.

Also, this 2.5 sale just happened yesterday:

http://item.ebay.co.uk/252259773839?item_hash4=965bc96a&LH_Complete=1&LH_BIN=1&LH_BO=1&_ipg=200&_pgn=1&rc=nt&rmvSB=true

And here's the 3.0 sale from earlier:

http://item.ebay.co.uk/221929147545?item_hash4=8447b353&LH_Complete=1&LH_BIN=1&LH_BO=1&_ipg=200&_pgn=1&rc=nt&rmvSB=true

So even accounting to the standard market fluctuations, and considering that a 2.5 just went for $10,250 (only $600 less than what a Voldemort 3.0 just went for), I doubt any CGC 3.0 could be had for less than the $12k-$13k.

Just my opinion of course.

-J.

That is utterly false.

-J.

George will be the first to tell you that they don't capture everything. In fact, he gladly welcomes and new or different data to be brought to his attention if it was missed or was incorrect from any of the sources they receive their points from.

http://item.ebay.co.uk/252259773839?item_hash4=965bc96a&LH_Complete=1&LH_BIN=1&LH_BO=1&_ipg=200&_pgn=1&rc=nt&rmvSB=true

http://item.ebay.co.uk/221929147545?item_hash4=8447b353&LH_Complete=1&LH_BIN=1&LH_BO=1&_ipg=200&_pgn=1&rc=nt&rmvSB=true

So even accounting to the standard market fluctuations, and considering that a 2.5 just went for $10,250 (only $600 less than what a Voldemort 3.0 just went for), I doubt any CGC 3.0 could be had for less than the $12k-$13k.

-J.

Thanks Jay - as you'll note, the 3.0 listing wasn't identified as a CGC book in its title (not even the grade was mentioned). Hence why it wasn't picked up. I'll get it into GPA shortly.

That is utterly false.

-J.

George will be the first to tell you that they don't capture everything. In fact, he gladly welcomes and new or different data to be brought to his attention if it was missed or was incorrect from any of the sources they receive their points from.

-J.

Thanks Jay - as you'll note, the UK listing wasn't identified as a CGC book in its title (not even the grade was mentioned). Hence why it wasn't picked up. I'll get it into GPA shortly.

(thumbs u

Happy new year by the way George.

-J.

I didn't say they capture everything....but when it comes to ebay sales that complete, they do.

And if the last sale was $8500, would you be arguing the book is worth $8500? hmm..... somehow I doubt it. I mean, you never stop buzzing about how wonderful AF15 is and skyrocketing in price and nothing can touch it and blah blah blah.

Hey George, thanks for chiming in - I knew GPA would capture every CGC book sale (not advertising the book as such is amusing)

The sale doesn't show up in the sellers' sold listings either, so I'm guessing it didn't complete.

also, just because it's odd. This particular seller

- has low feedback (125) and most of the items in his store are $2-5

- has accepted offers on every other item that did sell (or most every other item)

- it located in the US, but steering to UK buyers

All a bit odd!

I didn't say they capture everything....but when it comes to ebay sales that complete, they do.

And if the last sale was $8500, would you be arguing the book is worth $8500? hmm..... somehow I doubt it. I mean, you never stop buzzing about how wonderful AF15 is and skyrocketing in price and nothing can touch it and blah blah blah.

I thought this conversation would be over since GPA has chimed in.

My "argument", such as it is, was actually an opinion in response to a direct question from the OP to me. Sqeggs also offered an opinion referencing GPA which I pointed out was missing a sale, for whatever reason. You decided to offer your opinion (also based on incomplete data) while also attacking me (again) for whatever reason.

Now that GPA will be updated to reflect that missing 3.0 sale of $13.5K, and taken together with the sale of the 2.5 for $10,250 yesterday, do you still stand by your current value estimate of a CGC 3.0 of $10k-$10.5k?

-J.

-J.

Thanks Jay - as you'll note, the 3.0 listing wasn't identified as a CGC book in its title (not even the grade was mentioned). Hence why it wasn't picked up. I'll get it into GPA shortly.

Does anybody know if they also collect the slabbed sales for the Voldemort graded books? ???

-J.

Does anybody know if they also collect the slabbed sales for the Voldemort graded books? ???

GPA does not at this time.

-J.

-J.

GPA does not at this time.

-J.

... hopefully George has been proactive and preserved the data.... even though it would be a challenging(at best...) modification to his site to include them there. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Hey George, thanks for chiming in - I knew GPA would capture every CGC book sale (not advertising the book as such is amusing)

The sale doesn't show up in the sellers' sold listings either, so I'm guessing it didn't complete.

- has accepted offers on every other item that did sell (or most every other item)

All a bit odd!

eBay can be rife with manipulation, including manipulation of sales prices.

GPA doesn't. GoCollect.com does.

GoCollect's data is relatively recent though, while GPA goes back over a decade.

GoCollect's data is relatively recent though, while GPA goes back over a decade.

How much does GPA charge for their monthly membership? Looks like GoCollect only has data going back to 2014.

Hopefully, GPA will add in the data for Voldemort's sales results, otherwise they would be capturing an even more limited picture going forward as compared to before. hm

How much does GPA charge for their monthly membership? Looks like GoCollect only has data going back to 2014.

Hopefully, GPA will add in the data for Voldemort's sales results, otherwise they would be capturing an even more limited picture going forward as compared to before. hm

They don't data mine for PGX either and that doesn't seem to make much of a difference. (shrug)

I'd be happy if they collected CGC data from ComicLink and some of the larger private dealers though ....

-J.

All a bit odd!

Yes, this certainly does make a difference (as would the oddness of not identifying this as best as possible in the title)

I thought this conversation would be over since GPA has chimed in.

My "argument", such as it is, was actually an opinion in response to a direct question from the OP to me. Sqeggs also offered an opinion referencing GPA which I pointed out was missing a sale, for whatever reason. You decided to offer your opinion (also based on incomplete data) while also attacking me (again) for whatever reason.

Now that GPA will be updated to reflect that missing 3.0 sale of $13.5K, and taken together with the sale of the 2.5 for $10,250 yesterday, do you still stand by your current value estimate of a CGC 3.0 of $10k-$10.5k?

-J.

Yes, I 100% stand behind my statements, though you've (go figure) misrepresented them. I said MV was likely $10.5-$12.5K and encouraged the OP to shoot for $10.0K-$10.5K, sparing the seller some fees in the process.

Now, back to this sale you keep touting.... THAT SALE DID NOT HAPPEN. Note that GPA would have ultimately caught this anyways, because the regular data feeds will reverse sales that are cancelled or don't complete for any reason (I suppose the exception is if the seller is a shill and chooses not to cancel the deal and get his fees returned).

This particular AF15 did NOT close, just as I've asserted from the beginning. When a sale doesn't show up under sold listings under a global search (within the appropriate window of time), then that's a pretty good clue. BUT, because I'm sure you'll just keep arguing, I emailed the seller asking about the book. He noted the book was still available and is still trying to sell it. Perhaps I'll see if I can negotiate a price for he OP on it (OP - shoot me a PM and I'll see what can be done).

I've shared all this with George @GPA too, and he has ultimate decision of course....but I trust their judgement, and think they do a fine job, managing the data in this (not-so-easy) space. Yes, ComicLink data would be nice to be in the database, but that has been discussed ad nauseoum and Its not GPA's fault.

Jay, Ive seen you blast others time and time again for promoting their agenda, arguing price increases for particular books......you hear that sound? That's the hypocrisy meter chiming a new record.......you're doing exactly the same thing (with AFs) and have been forever. Hmmmm, isn't AF15 you're top 2-3 most valuable book?