• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,484 posts in this topic

450K still too weak for a 9.4, I wouldn't let it go for less than 800K, Hey if that's too much, then the buyer can have fun trying to find another for sale :) 9.6's are over a million.

The first 9.6 was over a million, the second wasn't...

and the third even less ...

I've had two different offers for my 9.2 that make me think this book will get a very respectable price.

And I don't know if the 9.6 sales after the first one are fair comparisons.

I think on the nosebleed grades on big books the difference between the floor low 400s and the ceiling 500-600+ is if there are two committed bidders that want the book. This is an auction and you have to have two to set new records.

I would bet the bidder would be on the phone or in person that wants it. I certainly would not trust the interweb and all it picadillos. If I played in that league It would be my luck that the power would go out or charter's hampster has to take a break just as i was about to use my cut bid to win.

450K still too weak for a 9.4, I wouldn't let it go for less than 800K, Hey if that's too much, then the buyer can have fun trying to find another for sale :) 9.6's are over a million.

I take it the second and third sales were public. If so, what did they fetch?

I take it the second and third sales were public. If so, what did they fetch?

I think they were private sales. They're definitely not reported to GPA like the $1.1MM sale.

I've never heard the figures but it seems like some folks around here have.

Any collecting goals for 2016 in regards to af15? Planning in getting another copy? 1st copy?

I would love to add to my AF family by picking up 1 or 2 low grade copies (0.5, 1.0, 1.5 1.8) :wishluck:

In 2016, I am thinking I might upgrade from my rag copy to something slightly more respectable. We'll see though, prices are getting so high! I bought a 1.8 last year for $5,000 and now 1.8's are going for way more than that. If the right book comes along, I will pull the trigger and upgrade.

Neither had I. I knew that there were 3 now on the census, but I was only aware of 1 sale.

there was talk about a second 9.6 selling last year.. no confirmations anywhere though. This is the first inkling that another 9.6 was sold.

I've had two different offers for my 9.2 that make me think this book will get a very respectable price.

Barton, I'd take your copy over the Heritage copy any day. :cloud9:

1501131742481.jpg

Plus it's old label goodness.

1501131742481.jpg

If I hit the Powerball, I'll be making Barton an offer that he cannot refuse. :headbang:

And I don't know if the 9.6 sales after the first one are fair comparisons.

The reason you got those offers is because you've got a 9.4 in a 9.2 holder... :gossip:

1501131742481.jpg

(worship)

i dont go over to the ga section much but i would assume that this would rank #1 on the boards

You mean best known copy of AF15 among boardies ? Hands down.

If you mean most expensive comic, no chance. sartre owns a Captain America 1 CGC 9.4 (easily a 700k book)

Looks pretty sweet to me. Is this a new copy or an upgrade? It's the first new 9.4 in years!

It's suffering from a defect that CGCs notoriously harsh on, edge tanning. I don't think anyone of us would question a 9.0/2.. but a 9.4.....

Are you sure about this? ???

I have always thought that CGC tended to go relatively easy on edge tanning. It's the stains that they really apply a heavy hammer to on the books. (shrug)

i dont go over to the ga section much but i would assume that this would rank #1 on the boards

You mean best known copy of AF15 among boardies ? Hands down.

If you mean most expensive comic, no chance. sartre owns a Captain America 1 CGC 9.4 (easily a 700k book)

For an existentialist he has some amazing books.

Doesn't he also own a J.I.M. #83 CGC 9.4 ?