• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,481 posts in this topic

Someone just listed a pair of AF15 2.0 on ComicLink. One a CGC copy, the other a CBCS copy.

Interesting difference between the 2 books.

Yes very interesting to look at them together. Without having access to pictures of the back cover, the CGC book does look (to me) to be a much better copy.

Both books have back cover scans posted.

Someone just listed a pair of AF15 2.0 on ComicLink. One a CGC copy, the other a CBCS copy.

Interesting difference between the 2 books.

Yes very interesting to look at them together. Without having access to pictures of the back cover, the CGC book does look (to me) to be a much better copy.

Both books have back cover scans posted.

Oops that's what happens when looking quickly on my phone doh!

( I still prefer the CGC copy)

I did one submission to them and I really regretted it.

Care to explain why you regretted submitting your books to them? ???

Was it because they came back graded too loose or tighter than what you were led to believe by most comments here? Or was it due to slow turnaround times, poor communications, insecure packaging for shipping, etc? Or was it simply because they did not look nice and were not compatible with the rest of your slabs since the others are all CGC slabs? hm

Your post just left a lot of unanswered questions that should probably be clarified a bit more.

By the tone and context I presumed that he simply got a disappointing, cut-rate price for the slabs when he tried to sell....

-J.

Another opportunity to jab. You never miss one, even it means speaking for others. lol

+1, low blow J (tsk)

Huh? (shrug)

Then you may want to steer completely clear of this thread :

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9538857&fpart=1

-J.

This is called tilting at a windmill with a palm leaf in hand trying to do mortal combat.

zzz I'm starting to think you own stock in Voldy.

I suppose, in a way you do.

You know, they do have some semblance of a chat board up now, right ? Maybe you and roulette44 can meet up over there and say hi to each other and the 3 other people on there ? zzz

-J.

I'm a cgc fan, that's why I'm here. I just don't relentlessly offer baseless attacks at everyone else in the hobby. I think at the moment I own less than 20 non-cgc slabs, out of my 1,500 in total (and top 20 registry portfolio set). As I've told you countless times, baseless attacks on any company in the hobby, is bad for the hobby.

If you want to debate a point - bring data, bring fact, bring healthy tension. And accept the fact from time to time you'll be wrong.

In this particular episode of jaydog gets his panties in a bunch - you clearly put words in someone else's mouth (slanderous ones at that). You get called out on it, and to defend yourself, call attention to an unrelated thread (or, peripherally related at best), serving to do nothing but confuse the issue.

:facepalm: I'm literally afraid I'm going to wear this emoticon down to nothing from overuse with you.

Voldemort Inc.

CBCS 9.6 grade guaranteed for all Ext PLODS !

Buy today

Flip tomorrow ...

They don't seem to be doing well.

I think that a standard needs to be established between the grading companies for what is acceptable resto or not, so that issues like these igb or the like books can be resolved.

I'm a big fan of restored books, but not EP. Big difference!!

Was it because they came back graded too loose or tighter than what you were led to believe by most comments here? Or was it due to slow turnaround times, poor communications, insecure packaging for shipping, etc? Or was it simply because they did not look nice and were not compatible with the rest of your slabs since the others are all CGC slabs? hm

Your post just left a lot of unanswered questions that should probably be clarified a bit more.

By the tone and context I presumed that he simply got a disappointing, cut-rate price for the slabs when he tried to sell....

-J.

If you want to debate a point - bring data, bring fact, bring healthy tension. And accept the fact from time to time you'll be wrong.

In this particular episode of jaydog gets his panties in a bunch - you clearly put words in someone else's mouth (slanderous ones at that). You get called out on it, and to defend yourself, call attention to an unrelated thread (or, peripherally related at best), serving to do nothing but confuse the issue.

Not to put words in someone else's mouth, but since I was the one who had asked the question.

With these responses to my question, I went back in my mind and gave it some more thought. I believe I remember a comment from gadzukes in one of the threads about the new case holders that was kiboshed by CGC. (tsk)

I believe that it had nothing at all to do with grading or the reselling of the slabs. He was just sad to see them in a different holder as he was a loyal CGC customer and all of his slabs were from CGC. I also believe he is more of a collector as opposed to a seller. (shrug)

But just going off my memory and maybe gadzukes will come back and answer the question more definitively for us. :wishluck:

-J.

Another opportunity to jab. You never miss one, even it means speaking for others. lol

+1, low blow J (tsk)

Huh? (shrug)

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9538857&fpart=1

-J.

This is called tilting at a windmill with a palm leaf in hand trying to do mortal combat.

You know, they do have some semblance of a chat board up now, right ? Maybe you and roulette44 can meet up over there and say hi to each other and the 3 other people on there ? zzz

-J.

I own no stock in Voldy but do have good friends who work there. I am happy to talk about negative and positives about both companies but as Roulette stated your attacks are baseless.

-J.

+1, low blow J (tsk)

Huh? (shrug)

-J.

-J.

I own no stock in Voldy but do have good friends who work there. I am happy to talk about negative and positives about both companies but as Roulette stated your attacks are baseless.

..as are your (and his) hyperbolic characterizations of my stated opinions about their labels, grading "consistency", prices realized compared to CGC slabs, resto disclosure/classification, etc.

Oh wait...sounds like I actually have quite a few "bases" for my "attacks" after all.

Go figure...

Need another one? Exhibit 275,409- Those two "equally graded" 2.0 copies of AF 15 on Comic link.

Meanwhile you seem to continuously jump to Voldy's defense (on a CGC chat board no less) as if they were your cheating girlfriend. You have buddies that work there? Good for you. Perhaps you're the biased one.

I'll state my opinions when and how I please. Feel free to do the same.

Just spare me the self-righteous lectures.

-J.

I have good friends at both companies. (shrug)

But my 'bias' is really only interested in what is real. I've publically criticized both companies, because neither is perfect. Both companies have over and undergraded books.

When one person parrots the same thing over and over (like you do) their bias is clearly showing.

You certainly are in conflict repeating over time with a number of board members. I wonder what the common element might be in all of these conflicts?

Regardless, they've detracted from the spirit of this thread and the collector camaraderie that has been coming from everyone sharing the scans of the AF15s in their collections and the stories behind their acquisitions.

Yes. Give it a break fellas.

It's bad enough that that imbecile Hulk1962 or whatever is name is will be back from his vacation soon enough unfortunately and this thread will likely suffer then.

You certainly are in conflict repeating over time with a number of board members. I wonder what the common element might be in all of these conflicts?

Regardless, they've detracted from the spirit of this thread and the collector camaraderie that has been coming from everyone sharing the scans of the AF15s in their collections and the stories behind their acquisitions.

Nah, it's pretty much just the same two guys. One of whom referred to me as "dense", the other as Don Quixote. Maybe you should be addressing this comment to those who are actually making the personal attacks.

Regardless, I am agreement with Gotham Kid, and the thread should not be needlessly derailed by this sort of crapola.

-J.

Al Stoltz posted a killer copy on Facebook that was freshly graded onsite in Baltimore.

There's a new 7.5 on the census.

Do you have a pic/scan Roy ?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1295277677151786&set=pcb.1295278957151658&type=3&theater

Al Stoltz posted a killer copy on Facebook that was freshly graded onsite in Baltimore.

There's a new 7.5 on the census.

Do you have a pic/scan Roy ?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1295277677151786&set=pcb.1295278957151658&type=3&theater

Thanks but link doesn't work for me. Get a message "Sorry, this content isn't available right now". No worries. (thumbs u