• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,481 posts in this topic

I'm getting the same error :(

Me, too ... but I don't have a FB account. :D

.... you say that like it's a bad thing :baiting: GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

What's a "Facebook"?

-J.

It's something they invented to remind you (by email) of all your friend's birthdays.

I'm getting the same error :(

Me, too ... but I don't have a FB account. :D

.... you say that like it's a bad thing :baiting: GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

What's a "Facebook"?

-J.

It's something they invented to remind you (by email) of all your friend's birthdays.

:idea:lol

-J.

I did one submission to them and I really regretted it.

Care to explain why you regretted submitting your books to them? ???

Was it because they came back graded too loose or tighter than what you were led to believe by most comments here? Or was it due to slow turnaround times, poor communications, insecure packaging for shipping, etc? Or was it simply because they did not look nice and were not compatible with the rest of your slabs since the others are all CGC slabs? hm

Your post just left a lot of unanswered questions that should probably be clarified a bit more.

By the tone and context I presumed that he simply got a disappointing, cut-rate price for the slabs when he tried to sell....

-J.

If you want to debate a point - bring data, bring fact, bring healthy tension. And accept the fact from time to time you'll be wrong.

In this particular episode of jaydog gets his panties in a bunch - you clearly put words in someone else's mouth (slanderous ones at that). You get called out on it, and to defend yourself, call attention to an unrelated thread (or, peripherally related at best), serving to do nothing but confuse the issue.

Not to put words in someone else's mouth, but since I was the one who had asked the question.

With these responses to my question, I went back in my mind and gave it some more thought. I believe I remember a comment from gadzukes in one of the threads about the new case holders that was kiboshed by CGC. (tsk)

I believe that it had nothing at all to do with grading or the reselling of the slabs. He was just sad to see them in a different holder as he was a loyal CGC customer and all of his slabs were from CGC. I also believe he is more of a collector as opposed to a seller. (shrug)

But just going off my memory and maybe gadzukes will come back and answer the question more definitively for us. :wishluck:

Even though I love my CGC'd books, I was curious enough about Voldy that I thought I'd send a handful of SA comics their way to see what the experience was like.

-The TAT was horrible. Perhaps it was when they were having their slab plastic problem. I was used to CGC'd books having long TATs so I thought the one thing Voldy would have over CGC was their TAT. But they didn't. It took a looooong time to get my books.

-I actually think the Voldy books were graded ok. I was hoping for better (don't we all).

-My biggest gripe is the label. I just don't like it. When I opened the box I simply wasn't excited by the "look" of the slabs (I still don't like it).

-Finally, when I looked at the Values of my Voldy slabs compared to the same grades of CGC slabs I got a bad feeling in my gut. At the time I was comparing values, the Voldys were going for waaaaay less. I just felt I had wasted my money.

That was the "regret" I mentioned at the top of these quotes.

-I actually think the Voldy books were graded ok. I was hoping for better (don't we all).

You mean you was hoping for loose grading, and instead, you ended up getting accurate grading. lol

Seriously though, thanks for responding and giving us a definitive answer so that this thread can finally get back on track. (thumbs u

I did one submission to them and I really regretted it.

Care to explain why you regretted submitting your books to them? ???

Was it because they came back graded too loose or tighter than what you were led to believe by most comments here? Or was it due to slow turnaround times, poor communications, insecure packaging for shipping, etc? Or was it simply because they did not look nice and were not compatible with the rest of your slabs since the others are all CGC slabs? hm

Your post just left a lot of unanswered questions that should probably be clarified a bit more.

By the tone and context I presumed that he simply got a disappointing, cut-rate price for the slabs when he tried to sell....

-J.

Another opportunity to jab. You never miss one, even it means speaking for others. lol

+1, low blow J (tsk)

Huh? (shrug)

Then you may want to steer completely clear of this thread :

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9538857&fpart=1

-J.

This is called tilting at a windmill with a palm leaf in hand trying to do mortal combat.

zzz I'm starting to think you own stock in Voldy.

I suppose, in a way you do.

You know, they do have some semblance of a chat board up now, right ? Maybe you and roulette44 can meet up over there and say hi to each other and the 3 other people on there ? zzz

-J.

I own no stock in Voldy but do have good friends who work there. I am happy to talk about negative and positives about both companies but as Roulette stated your attacks are baseless.

..as are your (and his) hyperbolic characterizations of my stated opinions about their labels, grading "consistency", prices realized compared to CGC slabs, resto disclosure/classification, etc.

Oh wait...sounds like I actually have quite a few "bases" for my "attacks" after all.

Go figure...

Need another one? Exhibit 275,409- Those two "equally graded" 2.0 copies of AF 15 on Comic link.

Meanwhile you seem to continuously jump to Voldy's defense (on a CGC chat board no less) as if they were your cheating girlfriend. You have buddies that work there? Good for you. Perhaps you're the biased one.

I'll state my opinions when and how I please. Feel free to do the same.

Just spare me the self-righteous lectures.

-J.

Just learn how to take 1% of what you dish - and stop making stuff up. Your accusations alone are beyond frustrating.

If it were just Roy and I, I know I certainly would reflect on things. But it's way beyond that, junior.

JD

No, it's just you. And now that the other boardie has come on and explained himself , I think you can stop now. Seriously , don't you have anything better to do than troll some dude's posts on a comic book chat board all day ? (shrug) If you have something to say to me, say it in a PM.

Try honouring the stated wishes of other boardies, and stop derailing threads, Frances.

-J.

Looking forward to seeing this 7.5

I asked. It's not for sale or coming to market. It was a customer's copy.

Roy;

You are nothing but a teaser!!! (tsk)

Now that you've got all of the other boardie's panties tied up in knots waiting for your little scan. lol

Looking forward to seeing this 7.5

I asked. It's not for sale or coming to market. It was a customer's copy.

Roy;

You are nothing but a teaser!!! (tsk)

Now that you've got all of the other boardie's panties tied up in knots waiting for your little scan. lol

It's ok theres always comicconnect, comiclink, and heritage