• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Showcase Collecting Thread
5 5

944 posts in this topic

Cool! :popcorn:

Maybe you can try knocking that person who's on top off - his set is obscured too - but I have a feeling he's got some big big books in it - look at that score!

I was doing the registry thingy last year, trying to pump up my numbers - but I ran out of time for 2013's deal - now I'm tweaking the set so I obscured it again until I replace some undercopy's I've sold etc.

I look forward to, as i am sure others will, seeing what you are putting together. Such a unique and amazing series, but I digress . . .

Don't forget to post some of those scans here too! (thumbs u

Here are scans of another couple of my favourites:

22-08-2011105848PM.jpg

23-08-201172911PM.jpg

I recall buying the #55 at the News Depot in downtown London in 1965 and bringing it to a YMCA boys' club meeting where comic mags were to be the subject of discussion. Fabulous cover!

:)

Those copies are really sharp. I love how you give the back story to purchase. Well, I got outbid on the 2 gorgeous Challengers of the Unknown books, but I got everything else I went after at Heritage these last 3 days. I'll post some pics when the books arrive. Definitely not telling the wife about these buys. lol

my set is not obscured :):baiting:

come and get me!

I'm out of the battle this year :cry:

The 3 guys at the top seem to be in a real tussle for the top spot. The #1 is like double the next highest at #2.

You're definitely making up some ground there Joey, I don't think I'm going to catch you any time soon. (thumbs u

I love how you give the back story to purchase.

They're back stories to my buying those comics for the first time though. Sadly those original purchases are almost invariably long gone. I set out in 1979 to reassemble the original comic collection I had as a kid, and I've now gone many steps beyond that. There are only a handful of comics I owned as a kid that I still don't have today.

Still, I'll keep up the back stories!

:)

It was a great cover. In fact many of the early Atom covers are pretty amazing. Gil Kane had a real knack for drawing ominous-appearing, everyday objects used in unorthodox ways to imperil our tiny-titan.

Here are the two Showcase books that I have in my collection:

RAD64D7E2013828_163746_zpsdac98a89.jpg

Great cover to launch the Atom's title!

(thumbs u

Yes, one of my favoirte covers of DC's SA. That book was in a collection I purchased way back in 1992. I enjoyed the reading the book for over 20 years until I had I submmitted it last summer; came back a CGC 8.0 with OW/W PQ. There were over 2000 books in that collection. I still have many of the books.