• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Showcase Collecting Thread
5 5

944 posts in this topic

:whistle: Just waiting on my books to arrive.....

Let me guess, under shipping options, you picked tortoise :taptaptap:

;)

Camel express, over 3 deserts was the box I checked. lol

The truth is, waiting for a book to arrive has always been half the fun of collecting to me. I guess that's why I always was comfortable with mail order comic dealers back in the day, as opposed to only relying on LCS and conventions, where the books are usually pricier too. :blahblah:

Got my Showcase #34 7.5 OW/W last night - sweet copy, with lots of potential for a grade bump. But that'll likely be up to the next person to own it, hopefully a long ways in the future. So where's these books we've been hearing so much about Sam I am - has that Camel reached home port yet (shrug)

Just got the shipping info from HA that they are on the way. Should have them soon.

(thumbs u

I wonder who would lose in a race to ship books (or checks) - c-link or Heritage? hm

Just got the shipping info from HA that they are on the way. Should have them soon.

(thumbs u

I wonder who would lose in a race to ship books (or checks) - c-link or Heritage? hm

That's a no win, toss up, answer for all of us, I suppose. lol

If you missed it Hep, there was a huge auction of their collection a few months back, but there's still a bunch left that Heritage seems to be releasing in Sunday auctions and I think some upcoming event auctions as well. Some books don't have a pedigree indicated on the slabs, I gather because they were added after the fact, no OO copies.

Those are sweet Spectre Showcases! I remember when they were on the newsstands, those weird Anderson covers totally freaked me out :eek:

That Red Devil is the bomb! :sumo:

After looking for about 10 years. I have found a 9.2 or higher for sale and won it!!!! The highest grade I had was a 9.0. I've had many issues and different copies ranging from 4.0-9.0. Very content with the 9.2. :) Showcase 43. For a comic book collector and James Bond collector, I have both worlds with this book.

<a  href=SC4392CGC_zpsc5efecde.jpg' alt='SC4392CG