• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Showcase Collecting Thread
5 5

944 posts in this topic

After looking for about 10 years. I have found a 9.2 or higher for sale and won it!!!! The highest grade I had was a 9.0. I've had many issues and different copies ranging from 4.0-9.0. Very content with the 9.2. :) Showcase 43. For a comic book collector and James Bond collector, I have both worlds with this book.

(worship)

After looking for about 10 years. I have found a 9.2 or higher for sale and won it!!!! The highest grade I had was a 9.0. I've had many issues and different copies ranging from 4.0-9.0. Very content with the 9.2. :) Showcase 43. For a comic book collector and James Bond collector, I have both worlds with this book.

(worship)

I looked at the book but didn't comment because I thought the scan was bad - a lot of artifacting happening around Flash's chest, you can actually see some pixelation.

(worship)

Agreed. That is a sharp looking copy!

From today's collection. All can benefit from a press.

drWZZvu.png

Wow, any one of these covers would make a great poster.

Some of Heath's finest work, IMHO.

I wonder if DC is ever goIng to use them in film?

I disagree. For a 9.2 it looks lousy. It has that really flattened look of a comic that's been either pressed to hard or too often, but I guess CGC doesn't penalize for that.

(shrug)

Your ability to see all of that in a scan is truly a gift...a superpower. (worship)(worship)(worship)

Not me. I was bottom-feeding and picked up the #52 for $19. Seems no one wanted a 6.5 copy.

It's fine for me as a placeholder. While I like Cave Carson, I don't need to break the bank on one.

That's honor is likely reserved for a #9 :cry:

Finally, here's my upgrade for Showcase #34 7.0 OW/W. I found it on eBay no less.

sc34c_zpsc61337b1.jpg

That looks really good for a 7.5 from what I can see.

(thumbs u

Edited by Hepcat

Thanks - the back is nice and clean as well (that dust shadow looks worse in the scan).

If I was (still) a pressing man, I'd say this is an 8.0 waiting to be born.

That however, ain't gonna happen on my watch - leaving it as it is ;)

sc34b_zps0ee3f23e.jpg

Thanks - the back is nice and clean as well (that dust shadow looks worse in the scan).

If I was (still) a pressing man, I'd say this is an 8.0 waiting to be born.

That however, ain't gonna happen on my watch - leaving it as it is ;)

sc34b_zps0ee3f23e.jpg

:applause: It's refreshing to have someone leave a nice looking book like this alone. Dust shadows always look worse in the scan. Great pickup, congrats.