• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shouldn't a CGC 9.8 off-white pages be more desirable than 9.8 white pages?

233 posts in this topic

The quality of the pages can affect the grade. Listed below is the highest grade a book can receive based on its page quality.

Cream to off-white 9.8 cream to off-white can only get up to 9.6 if they are modern.

light tan to off-white 8.5

tan to off-white 7.5

slightly brittle 6.5

brittle 3.5

hope this chart helps.

This is a structural 9.2-9.4 that got the LT Tan Downgrade of Death

IMG00179-20101214-2050.jpg

lfsetpath5B42F62F52F72F46577015D2Cs_zps634272f5.jpg

These aren't pure cream pages. These are cream to off-white pages. I was talking about cream pages not cream to off-white. The chart proved that there are zero purely cream page cgc 9.8 comics.

And you're doing a pretty good job of proving you're a insufficiently_thoughtful_person... chart or no chart.

The quality of the pages can affect the grade. Listed below is the highest grade a book can receive based on its page quality.

Cream to off-white 9.8 cream to off-white can only get up to 9.6 if they are modern.

tan to off-white 7.5

slightly brittle 6.5

brittle 3.5

hope this chart helps.

This is a structural 9.2-9.4 that got the LT Tan Downgrade of Death

IMG00179-20101214-2050.jpg

So did this one. Outer cover 9.0, inner cover 9.6

30vjhvk.jpg

These aren't pure cream pages. These are cream to off-white pages. I was talking about cream pages not cream to off-white. The chart proved that there are zero purely cream page cgc 9.8 comics.

Yep.

And a cream to off white 9.8 should be worth more than a 9.8 with white pages, "due to both having the same grade, rather than being considered less by most collectors?"

:facepalm:

lfsetpath5B62F12F02F52F61057355D2Cs_zpsee46b3f7.jpg

:whistle:

You have went from wondering out loud, why a 9.8 with off white-white pages is not actually a better book than a 9.8 with white pages. To now denigrating CGC for their failings.

Why didn't you start with that in the first place? You might have gotten more people to side with you, than with your first ill conceived question and notion.

"Shouldn't a CGC 9.8 Off-White to White pages be more desirable than CGC 9.8 White pages due to both having the same grade,rather than being considered less by most collectors? Wouldn't this imply the Off-White to White page copy would grade higher if it did in fact have white pages?"

Oh, and I give up. doh!

movinggoalpost.gif

tan to off-white 7.5

slightly brittle 6.5

brittle 3.5

hope this chart helps.

Hey Timely. Not meaning to stir the pot here, but...

Quick question. Are these caps on the grade or is there an actual downgrade for page quality? E.g. If I have a tan to off-white that is structurally a 9.8 I get a 7.5 due to page quality. If I have a tan to off-white that is structurally a 7.5 do I still get a 7.5 or do I get a lower grade?

You have went from wondering out loud, why a 9.8 with off white-white pages is not actually a better book than a 9.8 with white pages. To now denigrating CGC for their failings.

Why didn't you start with that in the first place? You might have gotten more people to side with you, than with your first ill conceived question and notion.

"Shouldn't a CGC 9.8 Off-White to White pages be more desirable than CGC 9.8 White pages due to both having the same grade,rather than being considered less by most collectors? Wouldn't this imply the Off-White to White page copy would grade higher if it did in fact have white pages?"

Oh, and I give up. doh!

movinggoalpost.gif

Ha Ha Love it. :roflmao:

Shouldn't a CGC 9.8 Off-White to White pages be more desirable than CGC 9.8 White pages due to both having the same grade,rather than being considered less by most collectors? Wouldn't this imply the Off-White to White page copy would grade higher if it did in fact have white pages?

Start a thread every day :)

Oh, and I give up. doh!

I didn't start with it because it wasn't my original point. I only brought up CGC because most posters with their comments act like CGC is perfect, when they definitely arent.

When you try to have a discussion with people who think CGC is god & what they say and do is infallible it is very hard to get anywhere. There was a chart by another poster that proves my PQ point clearly.

http://www.bipcomics.com/showcase/CGCWhiteness/

It's in black & white and factual but people still want bury the heads in the sand & say the world is flat despite all the evidence staring them in the face. The chart clearly shows a correlation between higher grades & page quality being inclusive with just a few very minute exceptions.

I didn't start with it because it wasn't my original point. I only brought up CGC because most posters with their comments act like CGC is perfect, when they definitely arent.

When you try to have a discussion with people who think CGC is god & what they say and do is infallible it is very hard to get anywhere. There was a chart by another poster that proves my PQ point clearly.

It's in black & white and factual but people still want bury the heads in the sand & say the world is flat despite all the evidence staring them in the face. The chart clearly shows a correlation between higher grades & page quality being inclusive with just a few very minute exceptions.

Just stop. When you're wrong you're wrong. Everyone is wrong from time to time. Just man up an admit it. You should be thankful when others correct your mistakes because that's how you learn and get better.

You're not doing yourself any favors.

THE NOOB AS COOL AS AN ICE CUBE:

MMMMMMMMMMUMFIOOOOOOOOOO

takes on

THE SULTAN OF SLABS, THE FIRST MATE OF THE 9.8:

CONDITION FREEEEEEEEEEAK

for the

WHITE PAGER RAGER

in the

CGC FORUMS THIS FRIDAY! FRIDAY! FRIDAY!

will give you the seat, but you'll only need the edge!

buffer.jpg

MMMMMMMMMMUMFIOOOOOOOOOO

takes on

CONDITION FREEEEEEEEEEAK

for the

WHITE PAGER RAGER

in the

buffer.jpg

lol - what's the undercard!!!

MMMMMMMMMMUMFIOOOOOOOOOO

takes on

CONDITION FREEEEEEEEEEAK

for the

WHITE PAGER RAGER

in the

buffer.jpg

Ha! Awesome!

MMMMMMMMMMUMFIOOOOOOOOOO

takes on

CONDITION FREEEEEEEEEEAK

for the

WHITE PAGER RAGER

in the

buffer.jpg

:applause: that's great!

MMMMMMMMMMUMFIOOOOOOOOOO

takes on

CONDITION FREEEEEEEEEEAK

for the

WHITE PAGER RAGER

in the

buffer.jpg

I can see this as a Balls original poster (thumbs u

:roflmao:

I laugh with you mumfio. Not at you.

Like someone else said. We all make mistakes. But when you find yourself in a hole. Stop digging.

There is no shame in not understanding that the grade and the page quality are separate things. CGC is difficult for all, when they first get involved with it.

I still have a problem with books having scribbling on them, grading out as 9.8's. And I own plenty of those.

Just stop. When you're wrong you're wrong. Everyone is wrong from time to time. Just man up an admit it. You should be thankful when others correct your mistakes because that's how you learn and get better.

You're not doing yourself any favors.

What chart did you read? Because I read the one in my post that clearly shows I am right. Can you actually read or not? Do yourself a favor & learn to read. The mind is a terrible thing to waste. You should take your own advice & just stop.