• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shouldn't a CGC 9.8 off-white pages be more desirable than 9.8 white pages?

233 posts in this topic

The quality of the pages can affect the grade. Listed below is the highest grade a book can receive based on its page quality.

Cream to off-white 9.8 cream to off-white can only get up to 9.6 if they are modern.

light tan to off-white 8.5

tan to off-white 7.5

slightly brittle 6.5

brittle 3.5

hope this chart helps.

Hey Timely. Not meaning to stir the pot here, but...

Quick question. Are these caps on the grade or is there an actual downgrade for page quality? E.g. If I have a tan to off-white that is structurally a 9.8 I get a 7.5 due to page quality. If I have a tan to off-white that is structurally a 7.5 do I still get a 7.5 or do I get a lower grade?

You start at 7.5 & work your way down from there.

So a 9.8 with tan pages would go to 7.5

A 7.5 with tan pages might be reduced to 7.0, 6.5 6.0... or whatever grade is appropriate.

The quality of the pages can affect the grade. Listed below is the highest grade a book can receive based on its page quality.

Cream to off-white 9.8 cream to off-white can only get up to 9.6 if they are modern.

tan to off-white 7.5

slightly brittle 6.5

brittle 3.5

hope this chart helps.

Hey Timely. Not meaning to stir the pot here, but...

Quick question. Are these caps on the grade or is there an actual downgrade for page quality? E.g. If I have a tan to off-white that is structurally a 9.8 I get a 7.5 due to page quality. If I have a tan to off-white that is structurally a 7.5 do I still get a 7.5 or do I get a lower grade?

You start at 7.5 & work your way down from there.

So a 9.8 with tan pages would go to 7.5

A 7.5 with tan pages might be reduced to 7.0, 6.5 6.0... or whatever grade is appropriate.

Thanks! That's what I thought. (worship)

tan to off-white 7.5

slightly brittle 6.5

brittle 3.5

hope this chart helps.

This is a structural 9.2-9.4 that got the LT Tan Downgrade of Death

IMG00179-20101214-2050.jpg

So did this one. Outer cover 9.0, inner cover 9.6

30vjhvk.jpg

Woah. I was under the assumption they always gave the innermost cover grade as the grade on the slab. You learn something new everyday.

Shouldn't a CGC 9.8 Off-White to White pages be more desirable than CGC 9.8 White pages due to both having the same grade,rather than being considered less by most collectors? Wouldn't this imply the Off-White to White page copy would grade higher if it did in fact have white pages?

daniel-bryan-NO_zps963574c4.gif

It is like comic book collectors are regressing to boredom when starting these head shaking new threads.

tan to off-white 7.5

slightly brittle 6.5

brittle 3.5

hope this chart helps.

IMG00179-20101214-2050.jpg

30vjhvk.jpg

Woah. I was under the assumption they always gave the innermost cover grade as the grade on the slab. You learn something new everyday.

It looks that way with most multi-cover books, but say the interior had a page with a crease, or a coupon written on/filled in but not torn out - things like that affect the grade beyond the cover.

(thumbs u

-slym

tan to off-white 7.5

slightly brittle 6.5

brittle 3.5

hope this chart helps.

It looks that way with most multi-cover books, but say the interior had a page with a crease, or a coupon written on/filled in but not torn out - things like that affect the grade beyond the cover.

:news: This is a structural 9.2-9.4 that got the LT Tan Downgrade of Death :news:

I only brought up CGC because most posters with their comments act like CGC is perfect, when they definitely arent.

You act like your line of reasoning makes sense when it actually doesn't.

Maybe you and CGC should get together and work things out. Make them see the error of their ways by presenting them with your faulty logic. Meanwhile all of us knuckleheads will chime in with our silliness and everyone wins!

I only brought up CGC because most posters with their comments act like CGC is perfect, when they definitely arent.

You act like your line of reasoning makes sense when it actually doesn't.

Maybe you and CGC should get together and work things out. Make them see the error of their ways by presenting them with your faulty logic. Meanwhile all of us knuckleheads will chime in with our silliness and everyone wins!

Tell 'im Richard! :hi:

lfsetpath5B42F62F52F72F46577015D2Cs_zps634272f5.jpg

These aren't pure cream pages. These are cream to off-white pages. I was talking about cream pages not cream to off-white. The chart proved that there are zero purely cream page cgc 9.8 comics.

And you're doing a pretty good job of proving you're a insufficiently_thoughtful_person... chart or no chart.

you couldn't figure this out from the initial post in this thread?