• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the rarest romance comics?
35 35

6,525 posts in this topic

On 8/25/2023 at 8:45 PM, BuscemasAvengers said:

Agreed. Tried the new text support option @ CGC - no reply. :cry:

Spot the difference....

Screenshot_20230825-204122_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e3b942bb954a1adebacfdfbac26562fd.jpg  Screenshot_20230825-204313_Chrome.thumb.jpg.0dd548af5fa2d00c9c70a69bb4feb992.jpg

The Heritage 8.5 has the 12 Cent Price Variant status on the Verification record and on the slab label. Your 9.2 has neither, so will likely appear on the census as a 'standard edition'.

On 8/25/2023 at 8:55 PM, BuscemasAvengers said:

Differences

Indeed. Shame about the salient one. Lovely book though, I'm envious. 

• Administrator
On 8/25/2023 at 6:54 PM, BuscemasAvengers said:

@CGC Mike Is there any way a label correction can be expediated by you re. the Love Romances 97?

I believe it can be sent back in as a ME, as you are still in the 14 day window of receiving it.  You would need to create a submission form by selecting the mechanical error option.  Unfortunately, the system will not provide a prepaid shipping label for international customers.  One will need to be sent to you via e-mail. 

Send me the packing slip number, the original invoice number for the submission you just got back from us, Your full mailing address, and your e-mail address.  I will try to get you a prepaid shipping label on Monday.

Be sure to write the problem on the packing slip, and write ME on the outside of the box multiple times.

On 8/25/2023 at 8:45 PM, CGC Mike said:

I believe it can be sent back in as a ME, as you are still in the 14 day window of receiving it.  You would need to create a submission form by selecting the mechanical error option.  Unfortunately, the system will not provide a prepaid shipping label for international customers.  One will need to be sent to you via e-mail. 

Send me the packing slip number, the original invoice number for the submission you just got back from us, your full mailing address, and your e-mail address.  I will try to get you a prepaid shipping label on Monday.

Be sure to write the problem on the packing slip, and write ME on the outside of the box multiple times.

Thanks Mike - I'll work on this tomorrow morning during coffee.

On 8/25/2023 at 2:57 PM, BuscemasAvengers said:

Book has been received by CGC, but I received an email from Customer Support with the following highlights:

• CGC identifies the other version as the variant, so the label is correct.
  • The initial print run was the version with 10 cents covered with a black circle.
  • Marvel changed it to the regular 12-cent circle.
  • As the black circle came first, we consider the regular 12-cent cover to be the variant.

I replied back with a link to the Heritage June sale of the 8.5, which clearly identifies it as a '12 cent variant' copy, and it appears to be the same copy I have. (shrug)

On 9/8/2023 at 3:50 PM, BuscemasAvengers said:

Book has been received by CGC, but I received an email from Customer Support with the following highlights:

• The initial print run was the version with 10 cents covered with a black circle.
  • As the black circle came first, we consider the regular 12-cent cover to be the variant.

I replied back with a link to the Heritage June sale of the 8.5, which clearly identifies it as a '12 cent variant' copy, and it appears to be the same copy I have. (shrug)

That's CGC for you.

On 9/8/2023 at 7:50 AM, BuscemasAvengers said:

yeh, they're not seeing things the right way on this - as you've mentioned previously, Black Circle Variant is what it should be.  But, while the label would have been nice - collectors know what's what.

On 7/23/2023 at 12:34 AM, N e r V said:

Only 5 on the census and I now own the two lowest graded copies…:eyeroll:

The good news is I’m at least working my way up the scale. lol

Highest graded is only a 6.5.

One of my favorite Harry Anderson covers.

3E3BC8F5-E0D8-4F2C-8664-D8161D258288.thumb.jpeg.4aaa8f8dd9cdf1cf72fab67f6e7c10a4.jpeg

DB35893E-0EDD-47B7-85EC-654D798D88AD.jpeg.3152306a92fc6ea0a138c954cef10db1.jpeg

An absolute classic.

On 9/8/2023 at 7:50 AM, BuscemasAvengers said:

Not defending anyone’s opinion but if you separate rarity from the mix I at least understand the logic they are going with which simply is whatever is first published is the original and anything else is a variant. As collectors we always associate any variant as being whichever copy is rarer not when it’s published. I’ve also heard some collectors call these first and second prints which is also incorrect since the change occurred during the same print run when Martin decided the change to 12 cents needed to happen “now”. As mentioned it won’t hurt the books value I’d think because everyone who goes after these Marvel variants knows which one is rarer. I’m just impressed you got such a beautiful book at 9.2 with white pages. That condition for a romance book is far more impressive to me than a Fantastic Four #2 or #3 which were out at the same time. Congratulations…:golfclap:

On 9/9/2023 at 10:21 PM, Hap Hazard said:

I would like to have a issue five!

Ideal Romance6.jpg

Oh, man, I love it.  I couldn't tell you if it is really bad or really good only that I find it weird and charming at the same time - surely they are under the influence (: