• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the rarest romance comics?
33 33

6,477 posts in this topic

On 5/23/2023 at 5:42 AM, jimbo_7071 said:

I see that the bottom one is signed Jay Scott Pike (whom I had never heard of). Did he do the Love Journal as well?

Love Journal cover is by Harry Anderson

On 5/23/2023 at 10:51 AM, Robot Man said:

FYI… A couple hundred more “warehouse find” copies of the classic True Life Secrets #23 showed up in my area (LA) recently. Most had been assimilated into the hobby but another stash has been found. 

IMG_6589.jpeg

Any more details to share?

Edited by manetteska

On 5/23/2023 at 11:57 AM, Robot Man said:
On 5/23/2023 at 11:52 AM, manetteska said:

Did they look like this?

ebay sale

Yep, same issue. Just a warning to everyone. Don’t pay $185. Each for one of these right now. I don’t know how many copies came out of this load but I think it was quite a few…

Sorry, I meant were the copies in the ebay sale potentially the same exact ones from this latest warehouse find?

Seller is in CA and has four copies pop up; but I don't know the timing of the find and the condition (i.e. the warehouse ones may be in much better condition).

Seller also sold 17 copies of Air Pirate Funnies; perhaps another find or likes to sell in groups.

Lovers 49 sighting

A few pages ago the recent heritage sale of Lovers 49 was discussed. The 5.5 (highest graded copy) is on an Instagram sale tonight for 3k. No one seems to be asking about it but I thought someone here may be interested. I’m not passing this along on behalf of a seller but thought it might be of interest to this particular group. 

If anyone wants more info just let me know. 

Edited by C. Spaulding

On 5/30/2023 at 7:48 PM, C. Spaulding said:

Lovers 49 sighting

A few pages ago the recent heritage sale of Lovers 49 was discussed. The 5.5 (highest graded copy) is on an Instagram sale tonight for 3k. No one seems to be asking about it but I thought someone here may be interested. I’m not passing this along on behalf of a seller but thought it might be of interest to this particular group. 

If anyone wants more info just let me know. 

You have a link? Thanks!

On 5/30/2023 at 8:09 PM, Qua-Brot said:

You have a link? Thanks!

It’s on elite_comics11 live sale which is still ongoing now. The seller is buzzard_brothers_comics. They sell a lot on Instagram usually through elite comics which hosts sellers. I’m not sure how to send a link for the sale but you should be able to search elite_comics11 and find it.

Edited by C. Spaulding

On 5/30/2023 at 5:14 PM, C. Spaulding said:

It’s on elite_comics11 live sale which is still ongoing now. The seller is buzzard_brothers_comics. They sell a lot on Instagram usually through elite comics which hosts sellers. I’m not sure how to send a link for the sale but you should be able to search elite_comics11 and find it.

I just looked at the IG site, but could not figure out how to view the sale. 

On 5/30/2023 at 8:37 PM, Tri-ColorBrian said:

I just looked at the IG site, but could not figure out how to view the sale. 

I think you have to follow them first and then any live streams show at the top of the Instagram app. I’m not an expert at it myself but I think that’s what triggers the sales becoming visible.

FWIW - I just logged back in and asked if it was still available and it is.

On 5/30/2023 at 8:46 PM, C. Spaulding said:

I think you have to follow them first and then any live streams show at the top of the Instagram app. I’m not an expert at it myself but I think that’s what triggers the sales becoming visible.

FWIW - I just logged back in and asked if it was still available and it is.

What was the ask? I was able to see it briefly but couldn't figure out the format