• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the rarest romance comics?
33 33

6,480 posts in this topic

On 4/15/2024 at 7:39 PM, BuscemasAvengers said:

Next up is Love Romances 79. Had this pegged as either an 8.0 or 8.5, so happy with the result, and it takes over as highest graded.

LR79F.jpg

Sooooo nice to see CGC credit Baker (and Colletta for that one).

Have to get one back now (:

On 4/28/2024 at 9:47 PM, Ricksneatstuff said:

Here are a few more recent pickups

If I showed everything I’ve been buying it would become quite apparent I have a problem. 

You should see what I have acquired over the years!  Next time you are in town, I will invite you to the "support" group that helps deal with this "problem".

On 5/1/2024 at 12:35 AM, Ricksneatstuff said:

IMG_7698.jpeg

IMG_7699.jpeg

Good stuff!  

I saw the Love Diary stories, and the "Need More Money" looked like it was a story title.  My eyes perked up if that was a story name in a romance book...  thought that was a "tad" suggestive for a second.  Jeez, what does Barbara do for that extra cash!  Then again, I haven't had coffee yet...

On 5/2/2024 at 9:10 PM, Ricksneatstuff said:

Fascinating history @sfcityduck

Thanks for sharing. 

I have picked up most of the Kirkpatrick covers and they are some of my favorite. 

I THINK this is my favorite, but so many great ones. 

IMG_7731.jpeg

I completely agree. That cover is not just great art, as good as anything of that period, but also emblamatic of everything I think Alice Kirkpatrick was thinking as she drew that cover. Basically: "This beautiful woman does not want to be with that man. She's looking in a different direction entirely. At me (Alice)."