• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the rarest romance comics?
33 33

6,457 posts in this topic

On 4/12/2024 at 9:16 AM, buttock said:

Ask is $7,500 for this highest grade - next in line is the 5.5.  Not that Atlas romance are out there in high grade to any degree, but this book in particular is ridiculously hard to see in even mid grade.

Current unaccepted? offer is $4,050.  I would think an acceptable offer would have to at least start with a 5 in front and maybe even that wouldn't do it - a 7500 ask seems to suggest you gotta come with a 6.

On 4/12/2024 at 10:39 AM, Dr. Love said:

Ask is $7,500 for this highest grade - next in line is the 5.5.  Not that Atlas romance are out there in high grade to any degree, but this book in particular is ridiculously hard to see in even mid grade.

Current unaccepted? offer is $4,050.  I would think an acceptable offer would have to at least start with a 5 in front and maybe even that wouldn't do it - a 7500 ask seems to suggest you gotta come with a 6.

The $4050 offer is gone, does that mean it sold?

On 4/12/2024 at 10:39 AM, Dr. Love said:

It's treading in strange waters.  It's a great looking 6.0.  This could be the nicest existing copy, or there could be 4 others out there better.  But who knows if you'll ever see them. 

On 4/12/2024 at 9:43 AM, buttock said:

The $4050 offer is gone, does that mean it sold?

image.png.b227342b06d638e023a6aa59d6189a8a.png

Still there on the new listings list.  And it should remain there if accepted, yeh?  Not sure how a counter that's accepted would show up though.

it's a new submit, and I mean new as in graded 3 days ago.  It may not even be in the seller's hands yet.  And not willing, as of yet, to trust the HA waters.  As in if I can't get my price ima hold.

On 4/12/2024 at 10:34 PM, Dr. Love said:

we're already moving on - but this one deserves a particular pin in this thread

this is a big book and a big deal - it's not just the price - full ask is a statement by itself

congrats to buyer and seller!

image.png.64f6931c86198a741eda298e496d8f7f.png

I just discovered this cover a little over a year ago and it has become my favorite comic cover of all. When you see a copy in person it just stands out, “hits different” as the kids say these days. 

On 4/12/2024 at 11:34 PM, Dr. Love said:

we're already moving on - but this one deserves a particular pin in this thread

this is a big book and a big deal - it's not just the price - full ask is a statement by itself

congrats to buyer and seller!

image.png.64f6931c86198a741eda298e496d8f7f.png

This price seems absurd to me but I'm still wrapping my head around the interest and resultant price escalation that's been pushing towards Atlas romance the last year or so.

On 4/13/2024 at 9:16 PM, szav said:

Just this one?  I dunno, it's all so crazy now, but I can pretty much rationalize any GA price in the context of UF4 9.8s getting 3k.  There's like 8 million of them.

There's nothing rational about any of this hobby.