• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the rarest romance comics?
33 33

6,655 posts in this topic

On 7/26/2024 at 1:52 PM, Mavrick76 said:

Here’s a nurse. She’s British. 

IMG_0914.thumb.jpeg.fbfda568cdb9e5bbc57d275f630537f7.jpeg

Bummer that CGC didn't note the Price Variant, but at least the difference is discernible by the cover.  That is a super nice copy!

On 7/28/2024 at 4:25 PM, Yorick said:

Bummer that CGC didn't note the Price Variant, but at least the difference is discernible by the cover.  That is a super nice copy!

Thanks. I'm definitely going to try to send this back to them to correct the label. It was noted, but unfortunately, the grading team missed it.

Cross-posting this here from the Heritage sales thread, but this book only has 8 Universal CGC copies (and 1 Restored), and this is the lowest-graded one.  I first learned about the covers in this thread not too long ago.  This copy sold for about what a 2.0 sold for a couple of months ago.  Awesome cover.  Why didn't you guys tell me about these comics when they were, I don't know, $5 or so?! :frustrated: jk. :

image.thumb.png.8fdcfa9883ab66c3c231d3359a12d9ba.png

Edited by Telegan

On 8/3/2024 at 4:22 PM, Ricksneatstuff said:

IMG_9284.jpeg

I had a maybe 2.5-3.0 copy of that on my wall at CalCon for around $150. It sat there most all day with zero interest. Toward the end of the day, someone grabbed it and apparently went away very happy. Unusual book that I have rarely seen.

On 8/5/2024 at 4:33 AM, Darwination said:

When we were scanning all these Atlas romance comics, literally no one cared about them.  Average cost of a scanner copy was around five to ten.  That one right there included.  Thank god we got to them before you jackals. :shiftyeyes:

Lovers 049 1953-05.Atlas cover Jay Scott Pike (Gambit-Darwin Edit)

Dots of love on that one :bigsmile: