• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'm not sure television has ever been better

157 posts in this topic

Top 3 shows ended

Breaking Bad

Fringe (no mentioned that yet, one of the greatest scifi TV series imo)

Lost

Fringe was amazing. I loved that show. I binge-watched it again recently. And LOST as well.

I liked them both, but I feel like they both kind of went a season too long.

My favorites:

House of Cards

Game of Thrones

True Detective

Madmen

Hell on Wheels

Walking Dead

Gone but not forgotten:

The Sopranos (the show that started the modern renaissance in television, in my opinion)

The Wire

Deadwood

I'm a big fan of all those shows except Walking Dead. And I haven't seen Madmen or House Of Cards, but just got the first disc of the first season of House Of Cards in the mail today.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but I just got into watching The Shield.

It is badass.

Highly recommended.

My current on air faves are GoTs, True Detective, Hell on Wheels, Peaky Blinders (amazing...) and Justified.

After The Shield, I may go into House of Cards.

I tried that Marco Polo show, and it was just eh.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but I just got into watching The Shield.

It is badass.

Highly recommended.

My current on air faves are GoTs, True Detective, Hell on Wheels, Peaky Blinders (amazing...) and Justified.

After The Shield, I may go into House of Cards.

I tried that Marco Polo show, and it was just eh.

I have The Shield Season 1-5 on disc, and really liked this show.

Justified is another one that I really like, though the past two seasons (5 & 6) don't have as much horsepower as Seasons 1-4. But I still watch it to see where Timothy 'Hitman' Olyphant goes with the character.

My favorites:

House of Cards

Game of Thrones

True Detective

Madmen

Hell on Wheels

Walking Dead

Gone but not forgotten:

The Sopranos (the show that started the modern renaissance in television, in my opinion)

The Wire

Deadwood

I'm a big fan of all those shows except Walking Dead. And I haven't seen Madmen or House Of Cards, but just got the first disc of the first season of House Of Cards in the mail today.

House of Cards is great.

Stick with it and I don't think you'll be disappointed.

There is one scene in Season 2 that's a little odd. You'll know it when you see it. Although the more I've thought about it, the more it makes sense (kinda).

Season 3 is just around the corner, I can't wait! :grin:

Oh yeah, like some have said, Peaky Blinders is a great series as well. Relatively short, 6 episodes per season, so binge watching is pretty easy.

The Knick.

So nobody gets Cinemax, or nobody else thinks highly of the show? (shrug)

Stars Clive Owen, directed by Steven Soderbergh, multifaceted story lines with interesting turn-of-the-century characters.

The Knick.

Stars Clive Owen, directed by Steven Soderbergh, multifaceted story lines with interesting turn-of-the-century characters.

I have HBO, Showtime and Starz, no Cinemmax, although I will watch the Knick when the DVD's come out on Netflix.BTW, Strikeback season 1 was good from Cinemax.

Sopranos, Rome, Spartacus, Secret Diary of a Callgirl (1st couple of seasons), WD started ok and then tanked after the prison for me.

I don't watch any of the comic related TV series. It would only make me angry anyway. I like the cartoon animated shows much better. They remind me more of the actual comic book version.

Shows are much more graphic on cable but not all that much better to me. I'm waiting for the next cool series to start up. Banshee is violent but really about nothing except the law of the jungle rules to me. There is something messed up about Game of Thrones I haven't put a name to, but the sex and violence is not helping me tune in.

Someone recommend a good one to me. My tastes are above.

The Knick.

I don't get Cinemax, but I'll keep a lookout for The Knick if it ever makes it to a streaming venue. It sounds interesting.

I watch a lot of TV and there is a ton of good shows on the air right now:

Walking Dead

Under The Dome

House of Cards

Game of Thrones

Helix

Z Nation (terrible acting but fun)

Black List

Flash

Shield

Sleepy Hollow

Once Upon a Time

Working on finishing Breaking Bad (too real and dark for me)

Way behind on Son Of Anarchy

Doctor Who

Orange is the Next Black

I don't get time to watch all that much TV and currently I find it all simply overwhelming. :frustrated:

There are a ton of good series and if they keep coming I will never catch up on them all unless I binge watch a few when I have holiday.

I watch a lot of TV and there is a ton of good shows on the air right now:

Walking Dead

Under The Dome

House of Cards

Game of Thrones

Helix

Z Nation (terrible acting but fun)

Black List

Flash

Shield

Sleepy Hollow

Once Upon a Time

Working on finishing Breaking Bad (too real and dark for me)

Way behind on Son Of Anarchy

Doctor Who

Orange is the Next Black

I'm gad you mentioned Z Nation, that show is a lot of fun!

I have very little time to watch TV but I have been enjoying Gotham. I gave up on the Flash. One of the few things my wife and I agree on is The Amazing Race. I like to travel and the places they go and things they do there are facinating! But baseball season is about to start so I imagine I'll be watching a lot more TV soon!

Can't get into any of the drivel on network TV. Gotham, Shield, Black List etc., It's like watching Charmed with bigger budgets. Any show that you can tell in just a few episodes that nothing is ever going to be resolved (ie: Heroes), I just don't have the patience for.

AMC, et al, on the other hand, is fantastic. Better Call Saul is amazing 3 episodes in. Man Men finale is going to be epic. Game of Thrones is just incredible.