• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do any of you guys press moderns?

507 posts in this topic

So ... did I miss what the crayon trick is? Can you elaborate?

for deep creases / marks

on interior of the mark you color in one direction to push it out.

Scary.

But fun.

Pressing came out "OK". not gradable at all.

I have to clean the press better.

new paper every time.

a couple pieces of sand,dust,dirt put two tiny pin head divots in this.

It was a great exercise & We just gave the book to a customer as a "reader"

HtvRqmZ.jpg

Contrary to what people are thinking and what Larry would have you believe. No one in the business of pressing or using it as an advantage in the hobby is the slightest but concerned about this thread. Any opposition to it has more to do with the overall low opinion of the OP.

Yeah. That's what it's about. meh

Never mind that Larry has had far more controversial posts in the past, this is the first thread in modern where you've shown up to express this concern. lol

I hope I can cash in some of what little goodwill I've built up over the years being a generally nice boardie, when I say this. This statement is pretty unfair. Mike is a friend of mine. I can say almost without a doubt that he virtually never sets foot in the Modern section. This is his first real experience with responding to Larry and the very abrasive style of posting that Larry. Neither he nor I came into this thread itching for a fight on the topic of the thread.

I will admit to a general dislike of Larry based on his past and current posting style. I think I explained my reservations around this type of thread in one of my earlier posts as well. You may not agree, but my intent was never to set the thread on fire to try to get it shut down. I genuinely believe that was not Miles' intent either.

But you're fooling yourself if you can't acknowledge that Larry brings much of this negative attention on himself with the derogatory remarks towards CGC and boardies, specifically and generally. The topic itself is not the problem. More than anything else, it's the messenger not the message.

Contrary to what people are thinking and what Larry would have you believe. No one in the business of pressing or using it as an advantage in the hobby is the slightest but concerned about this thread. Any opposition to it has more to do with the overall low opinion of the OP.

Never mind that Larry has had far more controversial posts in the past, this is the first thread in modern where you've shown up to express this concern. lol

I hope I can cash in some of what little goodwill I've built up over the years being a generally nice boardie, when I say this. This statement is pretty unfair. Mike is a friend of mine. I can say almost without a doubt that he virtually never sets foot in the Modern section. This is his first real experience with responding to Larry and the very abrasive style of posting that Larry. Neither he nor I came into this thread itching for a fight on the topic of the thread.

I will admit to a general dislike of Larry based on his past and current posting style. I think I explained my reservations around this type of thread in one of my earlier posts as well. You may not agree, but my intent was never to set the thread on fire to try to get it shut down. I genuinely believe that was not Miles' intent either.

But you're fooling yourself if you can't acknowledge that Larry brings much of this negative attention on himself with the derogatory remarks towards CGC and boardies, specifically and generally. The topic itself is not the problem. More than anything else, it's the messenger not the message.

The abuse I get here > The abuse I give here.

Clearly.

My point is this: if it's the messenger, why hasn't this come up earlier? Larry has certainly stirred the pot before. Suddenly, there's a thread disseminating information about pressing in the modern section, and three or four guys who never post in modern are posting in this thread. What, they suddenly grew concerned that Larry can be argumentative? (shrug)

both people replying to 5, if the book is raw, and you can look at it yourself, judge it for what it is. Don't you think the consequence of what you are saying is:

I want to buy raw books, without being able to grade it myself, and I want to know if its been pressed.

No.

-slym

Is there a rule about when you can and cannot post in Modern?

Not my point. (shrug)

So, this isn't relevant then: "three or four guys who never post in modern are posting in this thread"?

Not my point. (shrug)

So, this isn't relevant then: "three or four guys who never post in modern are posting in this thread"?

See if you can determine what might be relevant about the timing, vs the argument that Larry's posting style is their focus. :gossip:

Not my point. (shrug)

See if you can determine what might be relevant about the timing, vs the argument that Larry's posting style is their focus. :gossip:

If this whole thread is about sharing information, then share, don't imply. :baiting: