• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just saw the new Captain America, The Winter Soldier

525 posts in this topic

I thought Cap #1 was near perfect too.

I said this earlier but every time I think about the movie it strikes me how much it felt like a Raiders of the Lost Ark movie. I think it was awesome.

And Hayley Atwell.

:grin:

saw it last night...very good flick. really enjoyed it.

***SPOILER***

loved the flashback scenes of Steve in training and in battle as well as the scene w Peggy. Well done.

I said this earlier but every time I think about the movie it strikes me how much it felt like a Raiders of the Lost Ark movie. I think it was awesome.

And Hayley Atwell.

Hayley Atwell is fantastic :cloud9:

Have you seen the Agent Carter 1 shot on the Thor 2 Blu ray? (I think it's on that one)

Worth the 20 minutes!

I hear they are possibly planning an Agent Carter spinoff show.

And Hayley Atwell.

It did have the spirit of Raiders for sure. Joe Johnston also directed The Rocketeer, which is also in the spirit of Indiana Jones. I loved the first one too, but the second one is even better IMHO. It's so well paced that the movie flew by; I didn't want it to end. A friend of mine wants to see it this weekend, and I'm looking forward to seeing it again.

Have you seen the Agent Carter 1 shot on the Thor 2 Blu ray? (I think it's on that one)

I haven't. I generally don't buy discs.

I do want to see the Director's cut of Watchmen though...I own that and just haven't found the time.

I haven't. I generally don't buy discs.

I do want to see the Director's cut of Watchmen though...I own that and just haven't found the time.

Not a clear video but good enough

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_r0Lx3jhd0

Enjoy

Enjoy

There's an HD version online.

:applause: Now that's what Marvel should've developed into a TV series. (thumbs u

Far enough removed from present-day continuity for great writing and character development. Could've been highly rated and long running, ala Nikita or Alias.

Enjoy

There's an HD version online.

:applause: Now that's what Marvel should've developed into a TV series. (thumbs u

Far enough removed from present-day continuity for great writing and character development. Could've been highly rated and long running, ala Nikita or Alias.

Nice find! Thanks and I completely agree. She could carry a show on her own.

Wow! That was a really good movie. The fight scenes were near flawless and brutal. Good story. Definitely made my birthday a good one. Movie with the wife, then dinner with the family followed by ice cream at Brahms and a trip to the park so the kids could work the sugar out.

I'd like to watch it again tonight. Highly recommended...I was smiling ear to ear during the opening sequence.

Here's a question my friend pointed out to me after seeing the movie. How could Zola, have worked on Bucky after he was found by the Russians, when he was captured by Cap etc on the train Bucky fell off of? They clearly show him talking to Bucky, when he is having flash backs to first being given his arm etc.

There is no way the USA would have let Zola leave their custody, this would seem to be a pretty major flaw in the movie to me and more so my friend, who is a huge cap fan.

Here's a question my friend pointed out to me after seeing the movie. How could Zola, have worked on Bucky after he was found by the Russians, when he was captured by Cap etc on the train Bucky fell off of? They clearly show him talking to Bucky, when he is having flash backs to first being given his arm etc.

There is no way the USA would have let Zola leave their custody, this would seem to be a pretty major flaw in the movie to me and more so my friend, who is a huge cap fan.

timeframe from his capture to the rebuild of Bucky is not defined. Could be months, years?

As Zola said in the film he was invited to participate in the formation of SHIELD. They obviously learned that he was not a Nazi sympathizer and Zola convinced them to trust him. After some time he could then begin working with Hydra again covertly.

timeframe from his capture to the rebuild of Bucky is not defined. Could be months, years?

As Zola said in the film he was invited to participate in the formation of SHIELD. They obviously learned that he was not a Nazi sympathizer and Zola convinced them to trust him. After some time he could then begin working with Hydra again covertly.

Yeah, Zola mentioned how the US used axis/nazi scientists following WW2 to expand on its knowledge and technical base. Bucky/Winter Soldier was created to be a SHIELD/USA weapon, but as Hydra sympathizers worked their way up the ladder at SHIELD and the US Govt, Winter Solider was used for Hydra purposes.

I'm sure that will be developed/explained in the third film.

I finally got to see this flick and it was worth the wait!

Great action and a lot better than the first Cap.

It really reminded me of a James Bond flick.

They did real justice to the Falcon!

I'd give it a strong 8.5 out of 10!

The first cap I'd give a 7 out of 10.

This is kind of cool because they are ramping up for Avengers 2.

(Iron Man 3 was o.k., Thor 2 was better stronger, and cap 2 was the fuel!)

With that in mind here is a decent wrap up history for A2...

not bad...