• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just saw the new Captain America, The Winter Soldier

525 posts in this topic

Best part of CAP 2 was proving that anyone can look how they want even at age 50! :o

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Grillo

No joke!

I was curious as to why they showed him at the end, are they planning on using him in the future? (shrug)

His character is Brock Rumlow.

And in the comics, Brock Rumlow is one of Cap's coolest enemies, Crossbones:

Captain_America_Vol_5_16_Textless.jpg

See you miss stuff like this if you aren't up to date on your Cap reading. Very cool! I love how Marvel is doing this type of stuff. They sure are making a rich universe of characters.

doh! I knew I was missing something!

When I saw the first Cap movie I thought that Sebastian Stan would make a terrible WS. Well, I'm happy to say I was wrong

Best part of CAP 2 was proving that anyone can look how they want even at age 50! :o

Funniest part of cap 2 - Garry Shandling whispering to Agent Sitwell "Heil Hydra"

That was just so funny on so many levels

Garry's pretty big now. I think he was saying "Hail Hydrox!"

How about: "You cut off the head, and Garry Shandling will eat it"

I don't know if it's the best Marvel movie, but it may be the most violent.

The fight scenes were pretty brutal. I liked it.

Though I could've done without the hand held camera...

Winter Soldier was a great villain.

Black Widow wasn't just eye candy, but an important part of the movie.

Falcon was cool.

Stephen Strange got his name dropped.

I enjoyed it!

Funniest part of cap 2 - Garry Shandling whispering to Agent Sitwell "Heil Hydra"

That was just so funny on so many levels

Garry's pretty big now. I think he was saying "Hail Hydrox!"

How about: "You cut off the head, and Garry Shandling will eat it"

How bloated did he look!

Top-notch, best of the bunch so far.

Marvel Schmarvel, it's a great flick! :headbang:

Loved it (thumbs u

Most probably Marvel's next billion dollar movie if the momentum continues. And from the sounds of it, well earned!

Top-notch, best of the bunch so far.

Marvel Schmarvel, it's a great flick! :headbang:

Loved it (thumbs u

Most probably Marvel's next billion dollar movie if the momentum continues. And from the sounds of it, well earned!

It's just about a sure bet IMHO (thumbs u

Saw it again. Phenomenal movie.

Marvel magic at it's best. I'd put it up there with Avengers and Iron Man 1.

I like it better than each of those. Extremely well made film. Well done Marvel

Saw it last night for the first time in the company of four 40-something, relatively well-adjusted comic geeks. All thought it was a 9 out of 10 type movie, and on par, or better, then either Avengers or Iron Man. For some, the story-line was superb. Others really liked the Winter Soldier as a believable menace, as opposed to the cardboard cut-out villain we are often treated to.

Frankly, I think the action sequences themselves were vastly superior to anything we've seen in a Marvel movie. The emphasis on live-action during chase and fight scenes, as opposed to CGI, really knocked it out of the park for me...felt like I was at one of the Bourne films again.

My wife and I will be seeing it tonight....frankly, I can't remember the last time I saw a movie in the theatre and was itching to go back to see it so soon.

I like it better than each of those. Extremely well made film. Well done Marvel

I concur again.

Saw it last night for the first time in the company of four 40-something, relatively well-adjusted comic geeks. All thought it was a 9 out of 10 type movie, and on par, or better, then either Avengers or Iron Man. For some, the story-line was superb. Others really liked the Winter Soldier as a believable menace, as opposed to the cardboard cut-out villain we are often treated to.

Frankly, I think the action sequences themselves were vastly superior to anything we've seen in a Marvel movie. The emphasis on live-action during chase and fight scenes, as opposed to CGI, really knocked it out of the park for me...felt like I was at one of the Bourne films again.

My wife and I will be seeing it tonight....frankly, I can't remember the last time I saw a movie in the theatre and was itching to go back to see it so soon.

I agree with all of this as well.

The action sequences were mind blowing. They were easy to follow and had me on the edge of the seat, even when I knew what was going to happen the 2nd time around.

Just awesome. I may have to see it a third time. lol

On a slightly critical note, while I agree that Chris Evans' early Cap performances were slightly wooden and lifeless he seems to have loosened up and found his niche. I thought he did a terrific job. My only complaint about Evans is that he always looks like he's slouching. He needs to pull back those shoulders just a touch. lol

Scar Jo did a terrific job as Widow. I loved the way she dropped down like a crouching spider in that ship scene.

Terrific movie and I'm concurring with all the concurrences. :headbang:

I'm already planning who I'm going to see it with for the second and third time myself. :banana:

Now Cap 3 has a lot to live up to as far as matching the critical and public acclaim that this movie has gotten.

I agree, I think it will. The Russos were the right team for the films. Just wish #1 was this great as well. I'm going to see it a second time myself (thumbs u

+1,000,000

I thought Cap 1 was perfect to be honest. The pace, the period piece, the origin, the red skull and Dr Zola, setting up Bucky, etc.

I've watched it about 10 times now and I enjoy it each time.

I guess "perfect" is a bit strong as I could live without the USO scenes but it does build the Cap character for what he did for his country and why he yearned to help.

Regardless, I love both these movies and I can't wait to have Cap 2 on Blu ray so I can do a Cap 1, Avengers, Cap 2 Marathon night

:)