• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just saw the new Captain America, The Winter Soldier

525 posts in this topic

When was the reference to Dr. Strange in the movie? I missed that one.

When they were mentioning the targets, one of them was "Steven Strange".

ahh thanks Sharon. I'm sure Dr. Strange could have casted a mystic spell to handle all that fire power.

Best part of CAP 2 was proving that anyone can look how they want even at age 50! :o

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Grillo

Funniest part of cap 2 - Garry Shandling whispering to Agent Sitwell "Heil Hydra"

That was just so funny on so many levels

I didn't recognize him at all.

As to funny...(shrug)

I thought that plot point was great because it retroactively involved Iron Man 2 in the overall Hydra plot.

If you think about it, Senator Stern's race to control the Iron Man technology must have been Hydra trying to gain the advantage.

That would mean that Hydra was also manipulating H.A.M.M.E.R.

Best part of CAP 2 was proving that anyone can look how they want even at age 50! :o

No joke!

I was curious as to why they showed him at the end, are they planning on using him in the future? (shrug)

His character is Brock Rumlow.

And in the comics, Brock Rumlow is one of Cap's coolest enemies, Crossbones:

Captain_America_Vol_5_16_Textless.jpg

Edited by Crimebuster

SEEING IT TONIGHT. :grin:

It's probably been mentioned, but anyone know why the REAL 3D version is listed as 2 hours 15 minutes,

while the others (3D and non-3D) are 2 hours 8 minutes?

No joke!

I was curious as to why they showed him at the end, are they planning on using him in the future? (shrug)

His character is Brock Rumlow.

And in the comics, Brock Rumlow is one of Cap's coolest enemies, Crossbones:

Captain_America_Vol_5_16_Textless.jpg

See you miss stuff like this if you aren't up to date on your Cap reading. Very cool! I love how Marvel is doing this type of stuff. They sure are making a rich universe of characters.

It's probably been mentioned, but anyone know why the REAL 3D version is listed as 2 hours 15 minutes, while the others (3D and non-3D) are 2 hours 8 minutes?

Extra time for all the credits for the REAL 3D people.

(:

-slym

It's probably been mentioned, but anyone know why the REAL 3D version is listed as 2 hours 15 minutes, while the others (3D and non-3D) are 2 hours 8 minutes?

Extra time for all the credits for the REAL 3D people.

(:

-slym

Didn't think of THAT doh!

Thanks Slym (thumbs u

I loved the first Cap film - watched it again the other day before going to see the Winter Soldier tonight with the wife.

We both thought the movie was fantastic - she was also one of those in the audience who went 'OMG ' when the reveal of who the Winter Soldier was happened.

The end title sequence, just like in the first film, was wonderfully designed.

And they definitely need to give the Black Widow her own film.

Still not convinced by the GOTG trailer though.

I just came back from seeing it. LOVED IT! Very good movie! I love sitting in the movies and hear the audience really into the movie and thinking.....this is why I collected all these things for the last 30 years. :cloud9:

MAKE MINE FRI%#ING MARVEL!!! :banana:

I thought the GOTG trailer looked pretty cool. Looking forward to seeing that one! Starlord is looking to be a very funny role. :headbang:

Funniest part of cap 2 - Garry Shandling whispering to Agent Sitwell "Heil Hydra"

That was just so funny on so many levels

I didn't recognize him at all.

As to funny...(shrug)

I thought that plot point was great because it retroactively involved Iron Man 2 in the overall Hydra plot.

If you think about it, Senator Stern's race to control the Iron Man technology must have been Hydra trying to gain the advantage.

That would mean that Hydra was also manipulating H.A.M.M.E.R.

Amazing how everything is tied together.

Howard Stark killed by Hydra, and hiding the element Tony needed in the outlay of the World of Tomorrow fair so that Tony could find it and Hydra couldn't.