• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Southern Bastards from Image
2 2

989 posts in this topic

You're good Lonzilla, jjeanius doesn't want to shoot the messenger, he wants to shoot the guy listening to the messenger, mainly, ME.

I don't know about him but I wanted to ...... :roflmao:

You guys are nuts.

Looks quite a bit like earl....has a Nebraska trash can though

Good point; nobody fom Alabama would ever ever ever have a Cornhusker trash can; not even ironically.

Shoot the messenger. I was just sharing the link to SB's page with Latour's quote 'The issue you can blame for Southern Bastards" and the picture of a page from Scalped 43.

Obviously, enough people think it's significant because there's only 2 copies left on ebay with high BINs:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Scalped-43-First-Appearance-Of-Earl-Southern-Bastards-Hot-NM-TV-Show-/141304994090?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item20e66f192a

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Scalped-43-First-Appearance-Of-Earl-Tubbs-Southern-Bastards-Hot-Key-Issue-/111369064884?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item19ee1d11b4

It'd be safe to say it's an Earl / SB "prototype", of the sort which is recognized by CGC when it comes to early Marvels at least

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Strange-Tales-79-CGC-7-5-Atlas-pre-hero-1960-DR-STRANGE-PROTOTYPE-before-ST-110-/281347787406?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item4181a28a8e

The lemming effect is insane right now :kidaround:

You're good Lonzilla, jjeanius doesn't want to shoot the messenger, he wants to shoot the guy listening to the messenger, mainly, ME.

I don't know about him but I wanted to ...... :roflmao:

You guys are nuts.

I was in special ed in elementary school, are you making fun of me.

I just read issue #2. This book is absolutely fantastic. That makes 2 for 2 and I'll be coming back for the foreseeable future. I actually give a damn what happens to and with Earl. He is a throwback to a different time and though it is not completely original, it is done as well as this type of book can be done. I love, love, love this story and I can't wait to read #3. Earl reminds me of my dad, my granddads, and all of those old truly tough guys. They used to not be so rare. These guys are nailing it. :applause:

I just read issue #2. This book is absolutely fantastic. That makes 2 for 2 and I'll be coming back for the foreseeable future. I actually give a damn what happens to and with Earl. He is a throwback to a different time and though it is not completely original, it is done as well as this type of book can be done. I love, love, love this story and I can't wait to read #3. Earl reminds me of my dad, my granddads, and all of those old truly tough guys. They used to not be so rare. These guys are nailing it. :applause:

Well put. I haven't read #2 yet, but I thought #1 was predictable and terribly original, but it was wonderfully executed and engrossing.

Agreed. I am incredibly excited about the story.

Agreed. I am incredibly excited about the story.

+1, great read so far. (thumbs u

Haha... the only way someone is going to be able to afford that book would be to sell a lot of Scalped #43 (:

:roflmao:

Stirring the old pot, eh ? That was my best Canadian btw. Geddy Lee's influence is rubbing off on me. Hehe

:acclaim:

You should see some of the angry emails I am getting through eBay from sellers unwilling to acknowledge the facts. Each and every one of 'em armed with a link to Jimmy's blog as "proof" that I am wrong. doh!

Yeah... But if it's on the internet... :insane:

You should see some of the angry emails I am getting through eBay from sellers unwilling to acknowledge the facts. Each and every one of 'em armed with a link to Jimmy's blog as "proof" that I am wrong. doh!

lol that's hilarious. Like I said, posting the book for auction with that in the title is misinformed at best, dishonest at worst. I can only see a seller getting upset about your listing if they believe what you say to be true and are concerned others will believe it as well.

Edited by AntBrown

Sorry bro. I said this in another thread but yeah I was wrong. :(

Sorry bro. I said this in another thread but yeah I was wrong. :(

You should release a rap vid on you tube, exclusively devoted to this subject. Hey if that person_too_unaware_of_social_graces that had his guitar ruined at the airport can extrapolate it into a full song, you should have no problems.