• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Southern Bastards from Image
2 2

989 posts in this topic

:acclaim:

You should see some of the angry emails I am getting through eBay from sellers unwilling to acknowledge the facts. Each and every one of 'em armed with a link to Jimmy's blog as "proof" that I am wrong. doh!

Sorry bro. I said this in another thread but yeah I was wrong. :(

That's cool, it happens. Possible to post some sort of update and/or retraction? Might be helpful.

You should see some of the angry emails I am getting through eBay from sellers unwilling to acknowledge the facts. Each and every one of 'em armed with a link to Jimmy's blog as "proof" that I am wrong. doh!

That's cool, it happens. Possible to post some sort of update and/or retraction? Might be helpful.

Only if you send me a screen cap of a message with my blog as a link

Huh...? Or you can just leave misinformation up on your blog - I guess that's fine, too. (shrug)

Huh...? Or you can just leave misinformation up on your blog - I guess that's fine, too. (shrug)

coo

Not sure why they would message you when they could just report the listing and get it taken down.

Not sure why they would message you when they could just report the listing and get it taken down.

They could take all of the "1st appearance of Earl Tubb" down. They stand to lose more than he does in an accuracy war. 2c

They could take all of the "1st appearance of Earl Tubb" down. They stand to lose more than he does in an accuracy war. 2c

I just hope someone pops my BIN. I think it's a really good deal. ;)

Not really as all of those listings have a title stating what they are selling, eBay isn't going to care about the accuracy of such things. Jjeanius listing title doesn't state what is for sale, its just a statement. I figure if someone cares enough to pester him with emails because they are ticked off by his listing they would have the sense to report it instead.

Not really as all of those listings have a title stating what they are selling, eBay isn't going to care about the accuracy of such things. Jjeanius listing title doesn't state what is for sale, its just a statement. I figure if someone cares enough to pester him with emails because they are ticked off by his listing they would have the sense to report it instead.

True except it's not his first appearance so anyone listing this is selling an item not matching description which is an eBay violation. It would be similar to selling CZ and calling it a diamond.

Here is ebay's policy

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/search-manipulation.html

True except it's not his first appearance so anyone listing this is selling an item not matching description which is an eBay violation. It would be similar to selling CZ and calling it a diamond.

Here is ebay's policy

As I already stated, eBay isn't going to bother checking the accuracy of such a thing. They would however remove jjeanius' listing if reported as it is clearly not listing what is for sale.

Here is ebay's policy

As I already stated, eBay isn't going to bother checking the accuracy of such a thing. They would however remove jjeanius' listing if reported as it is clearly not listing what is for sale.

Ebay checked me for word spamming years ago for listing Wolverine and Daredevil in an Ultimate Spider-man listing. They were both in and on the cover of the books so they let me list them again but that didn't help my initial listing and I had to prove with pictures. How would someone prove something that can't be proven ? Click the report item tab and find out for yourself. lol

Here is ebay's policy

Perhaps you should read my listing again. Seems pretty straightforward to me.

Tell me about it.. !! I got my first neg in over 1000 feedbacks the other month when I had the gall to ask a buyer to honour a transaction when he asked to drop out of a purchase cause he'd found the same item cheaper by £1, I said to him I'd have been more likely to say yes if he spun me a yarn, he responded with the worst series of abusive emails I've ever received and he negged me and gave me 1 star ratings - without even paying !!

I sent ebay the emails, filed a complaint, etc., used their process & still they refuse to remove the neg and the poor stars

Got reported on ebay for a VeRO violation and had my item cancelled, that's the "The Verified Rights Owner program". When you sell records or cds, VeRO comes into play for either a bootleg or just another ebayer being a jerk and claiming what you have for sale is unauthorized.

The item in question was a punk record. My own. Meaning my own band. Yeah.

Had to prove to them that I who was selling it was the guy on the record, while a dozen other people were selling the same record at the time. So stupid

Got reported on ebay for a VeRO violation and had my item cancelled, that's the "The Verified Rights Owner program". When you sell records or cds, VeRO comes into play for either a bootleg or just another ebayer being a jerk and claiming what you have for sale is unauthorized.

Had to prove to them that I who was selling it was the guy on the record, while a dozen other people were selling the same record at the time. So stupid

That is absolutely nuts. Why did somebody do that on your own record ?

That is absolutely nuts. Why did somebody do that on your own record ?

No idea, they don't have to give a reason, and ebay wouldn't tell me why or who did it after I cleared it up.