• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gotham
3 3

1,832 posts in this topic

So much criticism for this show. I'm not sure if maybe I watched the same show but I liked it.

I liked it too. (thumbs u

Definitely more enjoyable than the season premiere of Agents of Shield.

Edited by rjrjr

I can usually tell in the first 5 minutes if I'm going to like a show. I'm 15 in and still bored. Does it get better?

Wow, really? I'm watching it on hulu now it's hardly boring. It's a lot better than I thought it'd be. Even the introduction of so many characters is done with an appropriately light hand.

I can usually tell in the first 5 minutes if I'm going to like a show. I'm 15 in and still bored. Does it get better?

Wow, really? I'm watching it on hulu now it's hardly boring. It's a lot better than I thought it'd be. Even the introduction of so many characters is done with an appropriately light hand.

Different strokes. It's like any movie or TV show where we witness an extreme gap on the review scale between forumites. Gotham seems to be falling victim to this, though nobody is saying the pilot was perfect. It sure seems to have potential.

Of course, that could be hyperbole.

:shy:

I guess i'm in the minority, but I hated it. The acting was horrid, and it also seemed really campy.

My three current shows are "Ray Donovan", "The Strain", and "Boardwalk Empire". This one will not be added to my list.

I also thought it was really bad. Having all these future villains show up and be intertwined was just silly. Bruce Wayne is the most unlikable character on the show. I was hoping Bruce would just appear in the opening and then not be in the show afterwards. It takes years for Bruce to become Batman. Based on his attitude and "training" shown in the commercials, he would be Batman by 15.

I actually don't like The Strain, but I'm still watching it. The writing and acting on The Strain is pretty brutal. And the kid makes Chandler Riggs look like an Emmy winner for his work in season 1.

I guess i'm in the minority, but I hated it. The acting was horrid, and it also seemed really campy.

My three current shows are "Ray Donovan", "The Strain", and "Boardwalk Empire". This one will not be added to my list.

I also thought it was really bad. Having all these future villains show up and be intertwined was just silly. Bruce Wayne is the most unlikable character on the show. I was hoping Bruce would just appear in the opening and then not be in the show afterwards. It takes years for Bruce to become Batman. Based on his attitude and "training" shown in the commercials, he would be Batman by 15.

I actually don't like The Strain, but I'm still watching it. The writing and acting on The Strain is pretty brutal. And the kid makes Chandler Riggs look like an Emmy winner for his work in season 1.

I'm watching the Strain as well, on the fence with it.

Spoiler

My biggest beef are the plot holes like the fact that when 200ish people die on a plane, they assign ONLY ONE doctor to autopsy them all. Then no one notices them all just walking out of a major New York hospital. Yeah ok

I liked it. I'm not real familiar with Batman, but I've always liked Jim Gordon in the stuff I've read. I'm not sure of the direction of the show (superhero police procedural?) but I'm willing to check it out.

There were some issues with acting, etc - but I can let that ride until the actors get the feel for their characters. Not every show comes out 100% picture perfect on the first try (this isn't HBO, you know).

I just hope they have a good direction for the show. I hate watching this stuff and then having it cancelled 2/3 of the way through the season.

i wasnt impressed by the first ep as a batman fan. I feel like none of the "super-villains" should show up before batman...thats just a personal opinion.

i wouldve preferred if they had just focused on gordons character and gave him his own issues instead of trying to put in all of batmans villains without batman...

I had the day off today and finally got around to watching it. To me, Gordon is perfect. Caring, tough, and while not overly powerful, he is willing to put himself on the line. I liked but didn't love Bullock. There was a scene that I felt was somewhat out of character for him. I thought the attire, beard, and everything about his appearance was perfect. I think this will be a big hit. :wishluck: