• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gotham
3 3

1,832 posts in this topic

I wouldn't be surprised if this Alfred is given a military background. And was hired less as a butler but more as a bodyguard slash mentor figure for their son Brucie.

I could see that happening. He is coming across more a bodyguard.

I wouldn't be surprised if this Alfred is given a military background. And was hired less as a butler but more as a bodyguard slash mentor figure for their son Brucie.

or both have it that his family always worked for the Wayne's and he wanted to o something different join the army, somethings happen and end up back with the Wayne's.

or both have it that his family always worked for the Wayne's and he wanted to o something different join the army, somethings happen and end up back with the Wayne's.

This Alfred looks like he could even don the cowl.

No really liking Alfred so far, I'm sure there is a point behind the change. Just finished watching episode 2 again, really enjoying the series. Can't wait for 3. Penguin, James Gordan and Cat are all great so far.

I think people were expecting a show like The Wire or The Shield with Batman characters and they got this. It's been two episodes; it'll pick up. I'm excited to watch the arc of Fish Mooney being pushed out and Penguin taking over her operations. The Penguin character is great. He has the ability to play the perfect sympathetic "mama's boy" and draw people in with boyish charm but then can completely flip it and become a complete psychopath. Reminds me a lot of Anthony Perkins in Psycho.

The Penguin character is great. He has the ability to play the perfect sympathetic "mama's boy" and draw people in with boyish charm but then can completely flip it and become a complete psychopath. Reminds me a lot of Anthony Perkins in Psycho.

That is what I have been trying to put to bed. He does remind of the character in Psycho, though you haven't heard him go on and on about his mother yet. His 'mother' right now is power.

seems like i'm in the minority. i think it went from "mediocre" in episode 1 to terrible in episode 2. i've seen enough.

I just hope it doesn`t become to CWish. I notice this episode they focused a lot on teen angst with Catwoman.

I'll give you the teen, but when was she angsty? If anything it was more annoying Grrl Power than angst.

seems like i'm in the minority. i think it went from "mediocre" in episode 1 to terrible in episode 2. i've seen enough.

I just hope it doesn`t become to CWish. I notice this episode they focused a lot on teen angst with Catwoman.

I'll give you the teen, but when was she angsty? If anything it was more annoying Grrl Power than angst.

I just don`t want to turn it into the Catwoman show every week. There are many more characters I like to see who inhabit Gotham.

;)

Curious if they're going to introduce the Grayson family at anytime and a friend brought up an interesting point, where are the other Waynes. Where are his grandparents? They're never really mentioned at least as I remember and he's young enough where they should still be around.

Also think the show would be a great place to introduce or at least start alluding to the Court of Owls. Gotham comes across as so dark already that the Owls seem like a natural fit. Looking forward to episode 3.