• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man 2 is a winner. The Rotten Tomatoes reviews were off.

856 posts in this topic

Does anyone have a free online link yet???

I would rather not patronize this movie AT ALL if it's this bad, but I would still like to see it so I can make my own judgement.

ASM 1 was god awful and even though Spidey is my fav I just can't support these movies out of fear that Sony won't learn to make something better.

THIS TWILIGHT CRAAP DOESN'T WORK SONY!!!!!!!

:P

If you're a Spiderman fan, you'll find some good things in this movie. Comparing this to Spiderman 3 should have your internet cancelled. It's not even close to that level.

There's a great deal of people that if a comic book movie isn't perfect, it must therefore be unwatchable. If you weren't able to sit down and enjoy some parts of this movie, I'm convinced you probably fry ants with a magnifying glass in your spare time. =)

Edited by ShawnDeath

I rarely post, but watching this movie last night made me post. It's upsetting, he's such a huge character and sony will never give up on this franchise because it's their own personal ATM machine. The kid that played harry, well I hope he gives up acting. Paul G, what the hell? Jaime Foxx what the hell? Pretty certain they both won Oscars and they were goofy. Spider-Man was good, Spider-Man 2 was really good it's been down hill since. I'll leave it at that, disappointed. I expect the new FF to be as bad if not worse but that is another ball of wax.

So I know this isn't the best movie. I left the theater excited, but I sort of went cold on it the more I thought about it. I'm watching it right now as I bought it on blu ray.

I have to say, it may have all been worth it to see my son's reaction to the first Spider-Man swinging scene. He was amazed and now just keeps saying he wants to see Spider-Man while he plays with his Spider-Man toys.

It might make it all worth it…

I rarely post, but watching this movie last night made me post. It's upsetting, he's such a huge character and sony will never give up on this franchise because it's their own personal ATM machine. The kid that played harry, well I hope he gives up acting. Paul G, what the hell? Jaime Foxx what the hell? Pretty certain they both won Oscars and they were goofy. Spider-Man was good, Spider-Man 2 was really good it's been down hill since. I'll leave it at that, disappointed. I expect the new FF to be as bad if not worse but that is another ball of wax.

They watched Chronicle and decided that whining punk would be a great Harry? wtf?

o.k. I found a copy:

I need to sit down and solidify my verdict, when I got a sec sometime this weekend...

http://zumvo.com/watch-the-amazing-spider-man-2-2014-3865

I disagree with some of the people saying Spider-man 3 was worse... I don't think it was. As bad as that film was, at least it had some sort of idea of what it was trying to say and where it was trying to go. The film you are about to watch is a confused mess that has no idea what it wants to be. Spider-man, above all, should be a movie with heart, and this one is just empty. They show all of the 'right' scenes (Peter looking troubled / sad / upset), but it all rings hollow.

This movie missed (for me) on every emotional beat with the except of the climactic scene with Gwen, and I honestly can't say if that is because of the scene or the nostalgia.

Terrible movie.

I just finally watched it. overall it was well made but has so many bad elements it just wasny great. I am surprised too that the Marvel machine (even with Sony in charge) put this together, it didnr feel well crafted for all the millios spent on making it.

GOOD: Spidey webslinging. They introduced new angles and ideas.

Spidey using his stickiness in the penning scenes

Spidey character. this kid is skinny and nerdy like the Ditko version

Gwen (and their relationship). hey I like her, sue me

BAD: Elektros origin, his powers and his motivation. made no sense

Harry: same thing. How did he learn the glider so quickly?

Rhino: yes we get it its a PRE credits teaser for the Sinister Six! And he looked like a Transformer that cant transform.

But it looked great .. just doesn't engage the imagination at all.

I just finally watched it. overall it was well made but has so many bad elements it just wasny great. I am surprised too that the Marvel machine (even with Sony in charge) put this together, it didnr feel well crafted for all the millios spent on making it.

Rhino: yes we get it its a PRE credits teaser for the Sinister Six! And he looked like a Transformer that cant transform.

Well said.

The main thing to take away is your last sentence.

Looking great isn't enough anymore. The "looking great" and theatre experience is easier to capture at home as the technology is becoming more and more affordable. Capturing the imagination and hearts is what matters. To find proof of this, look no further than the domestic box office of "The Fault in Our Stars" vs " Edge of Tomorrow"

Plenty of scenes of Spidey swinging looked like the animation in polar express

Agreed.

I find almost nothing to like in this movie outside of some charisma from the stars.

I am baffled when people like it... Baffled like I am when people like the John Carter movie. I don't mean this in a negative way - I'm glad they enjoyed the movie / found something they like - I just can not relate to it.

Well said.

The main thing to take away is your last sentence.

Looking great isn't enough anymore. The "looking great" and theatre experience is easier to capture at home as the technology is becoming more and more affordable. Capturing the imagination and hearts is what matters. To find proof of this, look no further than the domestic box office of "The Fault in Our Stars" vs " Edge of Tomorrow"

Built in young adult audience. This movie based on the popular book was the tween's "comicbook movie" to catch that weekend like soppy the one that opened this weekend about the girl trying to decide to pass on or not. Add on "Edge of Tomorrow" couldn't connect past sy-fy audiences and felt like a retread of "The Source Code" and that's that.

So I know this isn't the best movie. I left the theater excited, but I sort of went cold on it the more I thought about it. I'm watching it right now as I bought it on blu ray.

I have to say, it may have all been worth it to see my son's reaction to the first Spider-Man swinging scene. He was amazed and now just keeps saying he wants to see Spider-Man while he plays with his Spider-Man toys.

It might make it all worth it…

(thumbs u

Just saw it last night. I still prefer Tobey's Spidey over this saga, but I will say this Spidey is a lot more funnier, just like Spidey in the Copper age :cloud9:

Another plus is introducing Gwen as his first love.......

Good movie. I enjoyed it! (thumbs u

Great! Now you all made him cry.

Andrew Garfield Reacts To The Negative Response To THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2

-------------------

"It’s interesting," he told the site. "I read a lot of the reactions from people and I had to stop because I could feel I was getting away from how I actually felt about it. For me, I read the -script that Alex [Kurtzman] and Bob [Orci] wrote, and I genuinely loved it. There was this thread running through it. I think what happened was, through the pre-production, production, and post-production, when you have something that works as a whole, and then you start removing portions of it—because there was even more of it than was in the final cut, and everything was related. Once you start removing things and saying, “No, that doesn’t work,” then the thread is broken, and it’s hard to go with the flow of the story. Certain people at the studio had problems with certain parts of it, and ultimately the studio is the final say in those movies because they’re the tentpoles, so you have to answer to those people."

-------------------

There was that article that talked about even the Sony CEO got involved in the editing process so the movie represented the best of Sony.

:facepalm:

There was that article that talked about even the Sony CEO got involved in the editing process so the movie represented the best of Sony.

Dumbarse Hollywood twattery at it's finest.