• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man 2 is a winner. The Rotten Tomatoes reviews were off.

856 posts in this topic

There was that article that talked about even the Sony CEO got involved in the editing process so the movie represented the best of Sony.

Dumbarse Hollywood twattery at it's finest.

And he was very proud of the fact he had done this. Something like 'They trust in my judgement how things should work' or something along the lines of 'I AM GOD!'

It wouldn't have took much to make it a better movie.

Tone down the silly humor - things like Spidey wearing the Firefighter helmet and making the Jamie Foxx and Paul Giamatti characters too goofy.

I liked the movie, but it could have been so much better, given the material and actors involved.

Here are some of the articles that talked about the Sony CEO's hands-on involvement with TV and movie productions.

Sony CEO Details Hands-On Approach to Entertainment Division

Sony CEO had active involvement in Amazing Spider-Man 2 final cut

--------------------

[sony Entertainment CEO] Michael [Lynton] and [sPE co-chairman] Amy [Pasca] just wanted to get my thoughts on a few things,” Hirai explained. “I can’t edit a film — I just know if this scene and that scene don’t come together quite right. And so maybe we want to explain why this plane is out of control or blind in the air. I know if something is confusing,” the company’s CEO added.

It seems that Hirai had more than a passive involvement with the film’s much debated final act scene depicting two planes seemingly on a crash-course towards each other thanks to Electro taking out the city’s power and rendering the air traffic control power and communications useless. Many people feel that this particular moment wasn’t needed at all, but it looks like Hirai just wanted to make sure it was understandable.

--------------------

I'd let the movie experts pull the -script and editing together.

It wouldn't have took much to make it a better movie.

Tone down the silly humor - things like Spidey wearing the Firefighter helmet and making the Jamie Foxx and Paul Giamatti characters too goofy.

I liked the movie, but it could have been so much better, given the material and actors involved.

Yep. The goof factor ruined this film. That's on you bro, stop whining.

If you hear goofy dialogue on Blacklist be sure to walk up to the director and tell him to cut it unless he wants to be crying about how everyone pans that mess later.

You just simply have an awful movie when your villain gains his powers by falling into a giant plastic vat of eels, and then finds his motivation to confront Spiderman because he didn't show up to his birthday. Yeah ok, awesome writing there guys.

You just simply have an awful movie when your villain gains his powers by falling into a giant plastic vat of eels, and then finds his motivation to confront Spiderman because he didn't show up to his birthday. Yeah ok, awesome writing there guys.

That's what happened??? doh! I was going to watch it for the first time this weekend...Now I know I was right to skip it in the theatre...Sigh...

That's what happened??? doh! I was going to watch it for the first time this weekend...Now I know I was right to skip it in the theatre...Sigh...

Happy to save you some time.

I just watched this and wasn't expecting much. I never really liked the Raimi films. I liked the first ASM better than those even the vaunted Spider-Man 2. I was surprised how well the film was going and then it just mess the bed. By the time it was over I said out loud. I think I enjoyed Crystal Skull more than that. (And make no mistake that's not a good thing).

The villains were terrible. I didn't mind the changes to Electro at first but then it just got stupid. You take a character that has existed for 50 years and make him Doc Manhattan except you don't show his nut sack or make him giant sized. (Yeah I know he has already been portrayed that way). I'm disappointed after seeing Doc Manhattan that Sin Eater wasn't in the film portrayed by Rorschach.

There was way too much extraneous stuff in that film. At times it felt like they were just trying to ape Dark Knight. Why the planes that are going to collide and cut from a huge fight scene to show that? It was like the boats in DK except that was actually part of the Joker's plan and expectation of how society would act. The planes served no purpose at all. It didn't have me at the edge of my seat. If I want to see that I'll watch Die Hard 2 because the planes will actually crash thanks to the bad guys.

Rhino...no business in the film at all. I knew once Paul Giamatti was cast it wasn't going to be good. The tattoo on the forehead? I don't know is that something from the over used Ultimate Universe or if they just trying to find a way to make him look like a bigger person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed than Bullseye on film?

I didn't think there was a way to make a Green Goblin I liked less than the one in Raimi's Spider-Man...until I saw this film.

The Sucky Sicks looks to be a film in the works judging by the way the Spider-Man villains have been handled in the films thus far. It smells like it's gonna be a bomb. This is definitely a franchise not even coming close to its potential. They can try to expand it all they want but if they can't get the core components done half way decent at some point people will stop buying tickets to such a suck fest.

Edited by Mephisto

hm

Where I was of a mind to give this a shot when I receive my next Redbox free movie coupon, I think I'll hold off.

:(

Trust me. It`s enjoyable. This is coming from the guy who thinks True Detective, Game of Thrones,Man of Steel and Gotham are entertaining.

Is it the greatest thing ever?

No, but you won`t be bored. ;)