• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask me anything and get to know me
1 1

409 posts in this topic

Getting to knoooooowwww you....getting to know alllll about youuuuuu.....

Was just about to post the video for that. Your way was better though lol

Edited by Buzzetta

I had a post written out but my mobile device went dead. lol

:censored:

Honestly, it's probably because of your age but you're putting the cart before the horse with your venture. .....

....You'll want to rethink this business plan through from beginning to end and in the end the more you do and less you say is usually the most successful approach. Yes, I see the irony in my post! :insane:

So, Batman...are you looking for a Robin?

Eh, no.

Catowman is good enough. :devil:

Man-Catwoman.jpg

hey guys I decided to make this thread because of the previous posts I made with consignments wanted, x-men 1 for sale and so on so I will take the best advice that someone gave me on this forum. I will prove myself to be trustworthy by making transactions with people and also since people don't really know who I am or anything about me so I decided that you can ask me anything to get to know me better!

Nothing says trustworthy like starting a thread on an internet board chat room asking people to ask you random pointless questions about your life to gain acceptance.

What a great idea.

I think it's a good idea people will at least get to know me better!

Just as it is a good idea to get to know people from Nigeria with those lottery tickets off the internet right?

tumblr_me23vdZIlv1qes4vwo1_500_zps688d9491.gif

no it wouldn't be good to know Nigerian people because they are scammers, I however am not but because I have nothing to back it up I'll earn my trust here!

And the award for the most racist comment of the thread is......

:golfclap:

This is by far the most entertaining thread of the day. I can't believe I read through all nine pages. Kudos to all the boardies providing this kid with great advice that he continually ignores and even more kudos to all the boardies making me laugh my off at this thread.

Agreed, a booth at a local con, primarily right by the front door. With a sign that you are taking consignments... best way to get clients. Local. In Person.

do you think people would want to cosign with me then?

1. You have to look the part (and BE the part). If you look unprofessional no one is going to trust you. Do you have a contract written up for consignees to fill out/sign? It should outline the services offered, the role you play, the fees that the customer covers, the fees that you cover... etc.

you have to look the part like this professional dealer...

homeslice had a Tec 27, Action 1, and Supes 1 in that case at Wondercon

download9_zpsd21c4f6c.jpg

How did this turn into a "Roy" thread?

(shrug)

wonderroy.gif

You just damaged my Wonder Women fantasy from the television show forever

Not me, I didn't even notice the face (shrug)

Dang, by the time I pay to ship the comics to Canada, pay the 20% in fees, then pay the shipping to the buyere and pay any customs taxes I will be lucky to get 50 bucks for my AF 15.

:takeit:

so I was directed to this thread from a gold link, but, truth be told, just can't fathom reading 26 pages...anyone have cliff notes (shrug)

Cliff notes:

Young, ambitious fellow wishes to make it big selling comic books. Lacks business acumen and expertise in comics, BUT compensates with moxy and keeping a cool head. Some snide comments from boardies, but also legitimate, caring advice.

Edited by Vision75

how would you store any consigned comics?

what security measures are taken to protect comics?

what type of insurance would you provide for comics?

what type of education do you have? (photography? marketing? web skills? language skills?)

what experience do you have in consigning comics?

what connections do you have with dealers?

20% after expenses? before? what about taxes? US and Canadian? What about paypal translation fees?

I'm sure you've obviously already thought of all of these things and already answered elsewhere, so if someone could please direct me, I'd appreciate it.

:juggle:

Agreed. I think the security/insurance question is the one that still remains to be addressed. I think he's made it clear he doesnt have any specific or unique contacts with dealers or other markets, nor does he have experience. And the education question may be self evident, but I'll let him answer it.

you're right I don't have any contacts but I do have a notable person that I became friends with so that I can learn from him some of you may know him

Rick Whitelock

GAtor,

21 year old noob, who knows little about comics, is dropping your name.