• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Thread "The Flash" TV Show SPOILER-FILLED
4 4

2,574 posts in this topic

I think the device used to suck Wells life force, memories and brains AND shape shift Thawnes face was a bit much. Did he bring it with him in his super suit? And feels like a parallel to Firestorm too.

but, good series.

What an episode name.

The Flash 1x18 "All Star Team Up" - Barry (Grant Gustin) is surprised when Felicity Smoak (guest star Emily Bett Rickards) arrives from Starling City along with her boyfriend, Ray Palmer (guest star Brandon Routh), who flies in as the Atom. They've come to visit S.T.A.R. Labs as Ray needs help with his suit. Their timing turns out to be fortuitous because it's all hands on deck after a meta human named Brie Larvin (guest star Emily Kinney) unleashes hundreds of robotic bees to attack and kill her former co-workers, including Dr. Tina McGee (guest star Amanda Pays). A group dinner with Barry, Felicity, Ray, Iris (Candice Patton) and Eddie (Rick Cosnett) turns into a disaster. Kevin Tancharoen directed the episode written by Grainne Godfree & Kai Yu Wu (#118). Original airdate 4/14/2015.

:whee:

I think the device used to suck Wells life force, memories and brains AND shape shift Thawnes face was a bit much. Did he bring it with him in his super suit? And feels like a parallel to Firestorm too.

but, good series.

I don't know, to me a guy running at super-speed breaking the time-barrier is pushing it :baiting:

;)

Have they ever explained why Wells (Thawne) felt the need to play a cripple?

Is it just to dispel suspicion he could be the Reverse Flash? I just wonder if they knew where they were going to go plot-wise when they started out, or if they evolved the plot to include the part about Thawne taking Well's place. To aman619's point, I do feel that was a bit of a stretch, and a means to an end rather then something they thought out a whole lot. But as this series keeps on giving smiles, it is forgiven the occasional leap of faith.

So unless Im missing something (which is very possible), it looks like the full RF reveal is out and there is only one RF after all (although using different bodies)

I would think you are correct.

Although now they leave open the possibility of Barry going back in time to save Harrison Wells.

Where I am confused is whether the RF just looks like Wells or whether Wells persona is now apart of the RF - i.e., does he struggle between being good and evil?

I think Wells is dead, and Thawne just took over his appearance (IMO)

Ok, but he said that Wells was going to invent the technology that could get him back, but that he wanted it to happen sooner - does he now have his knowledge or is he already as smart as Wells was and knows how to build the device?

Where I am confused is whether the RF just looks like Wells or whether Wells persona is now apart of the RF - i.e., does he struggle between being good and evil?

Is Well's persona and intellect inside Thawne (like Firestorm had) hm

OMG!!!! More than 1 Reverse Flash tonight?!

Now I think they're just with us....lol.

BTW: I thought Disney had Hamill on a diet and workout regimen to look like the OLD Luke Skywalker. They better step it up because he's still got a way to go. No way in hell he'd fit into that Trickster outfit anymore....unless Omar the Tent maker took it out for him. Yoda must be rolling over in his grave.

he'll just wear a floor length robe and hood and act mysterious like Obiwan...problem solved.

So unless Im missing something (which is very possible), it looks like the full RF reveal is out and there is only one RF after all (although using different bodies)

I would think you are correct.

Although now they leave open the possibility of Barry going back in time to save Harrison Wells.

if he did that then Barry would never become the Flash

Edited by krighton

the show seems to be saying that RF acting as Wells created the Star Labs explosion in order to create Flash so RF could train Flash into running fast enough to send him home to the future, right?

But, Barry was in his office when the chemicals (mixed with the explosion's energy) spilled on him. Theres no way that was planned. Flash was an accident, just like the comics. Barry almost went even IN Central City that day, having been with Arrow just beforehand.

anyway, the confusing thing is that the writers are always 3 steps ahead of us. Knowing what we THINK is going to happen and planning twists in other directions all the time. Must be kinda frustrating for writers today having to deal with trying to stay ahead of fans as sophisticated with plot devices as they are!

When was the last time a spinoff blew by the show that it spun off of.....maybe not since Maude & The Jeffersons...once Edith died it was all downhill for All In The Family.

All in the Family enjoyed quite a few years at the top, 55 nominations and 22 Emmys from 1971 to 1979, Maude had 12 nominations and one win from 1973 to 1978 (when it was cancelled), The Jefferson's 14 nominations and 2 wins from 1975 - 1985 (the first win was 1981). AITF was a juggernaut for quite a while.