• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Thread "The Flash" TV Show SPOILER-FILLED
4 4

2,574 posts in this topic

Arrow/Flash Spin-Off - Tentative Title Revealed

SpoilerTV has learned that the spin-off for The Flash and Arrow, which is currently in development at The CW, has tentatively been titled "The Atom".

Why one charater's name versus World's Finest or Brave and the Bold?

hm

Because Brandon Routh is top dawg and top billing....(apparently)...lol.

hm

Because the name of the title character promotes better that the title of comic books that Millenials don't give a spoon about? (shrug) I like it.

Personally, I would have preferred "Showcase Presents: The Atom". Or, more to the point, "SC34."

Edited by zosocane

hm

Because the name of the title character promotes better that the title of comic books that Millenials don't give a spoon about? (shrug) I like it.

Personally, I would have preferred "SC34".

I understand about finding a title of the show that can catch the right attention. But in this case, it is a team show. Not an individual character show.

That's the only thing that surprised me. But with the way The Flash has been delivering, and as excited as Arrow gets people, there is definitely thought put into these decisions. Both shows have proven that out.

hm

Personally, I would have preferred "SC34".

I understand about finding a title of the show that can catch the right attention. But in this case, it is a team show. Not an individual character show.

That's the only thing that surprised me. But with the way The Flash has been delivering, and as excited as Arrow gets people, there is definitely thought put into these decisions. Both shows have proven that out.

I think The CW is going to focus this spin-off on Atom, right? I don't think it will be a team per se. Brandon Routh is actually a pretty good actor and is being under-used in Flash. I do hope they drop the current Robocop-looking costume that Atom is using and go with the Gil Kane-designed tights.

I think The CW is going to focus this spin-off on Atom, right? I don't think it will be a team per se. Brandon Routh is actually a pretty good actor and is being under-used in Flash. I do hope they drop the current Robocop-looking costume that Atom is using and go with the Gil Kane-designed tights.

I think the focus is broader than The Atom with this new show.

When you take into account the cast already assembled for next year's The Flash/Arrow spin-off show, it certainly sounds like it's shaping up to be a team-based affair. We have Brandon Routh as the Atom, Victor Garber as half of Firestorm, Caity Lotz as Black Canary (presumably) and newcomer Ciara Renée as Hawkgirl; with more to be announced no doubt. Now while these guys may very well still make up some sort of superteam, Spoiler TV reckon the tentative title for the series is simply The Atom, so by the sounds of that Brandon Routh's Ray Palmer will be the main focus.

From this writeup, it sounds like a team show. But it could focus much more on The Atom.

hm

I wonder how all of this team news impacts that Vixen animated show. Will she cross over to the live team show, and vice versa?

If they find a suitable voice actor that also fits the physical persona of Vixen my guess would be a resounding "YES". They've already established that what happens in that animated show is canonical and that the actors that are already on the Arrow/Flash shows will be performing voiceovers.

Couple that with the announcement (that seems to have disappeared in lieu of other casting news) that Vixen is part of the Suicide Squad movie and you've got a pretty good chance that we'll see a live action incarnation.

She fits the bill on so many levels for the diverse character base they want to bring to the DCCU that it's inevitable.

It's clear now that the "Flash/Arrow" spinoff will be a team show same as Flash and a Arrow both feature an expanding roster of other super heroes as they go along. Now with three shows they can "team up" from that growing list to usher in the Atom to the universe.

The next show they get will be tentatively called "Flash/ArrowAtom" spinoff until they pick a name. Probably Hawkman by then. I like the name Brave and the Bold, but really, it sounds like an afternoon soap opera.

Cold is probably going to be a "good guy" whenever there's a signficant reason to be in these series. That whole "I know your identity thing" can't really work out if someone's a full time baddie. There'd be no reason not to take full advantage of that sort of knowledge unless you were working together with some regularity and needed to keep that info. on lockdown....

Kinda like Bats and Supes.

The Spin-Off Team Assembles In New Set Photos From THE FLASH

{quote]Many people questioned how and why an odd mix of heroes and villains would team up - including a dead Canary and a villainous Captain Cold, but it seems like the finale of The Flash (or Arrow?) will set up that team.

QcheHqP.png

Does Barry's mask actually work? He has it off more than on. Also, when will Emil Hamilton come into the picture? He and S.T.A.R. Labs go hand in hand.

'Reverse-Flash' Unleashes 'Gorilla Grodd' In Episode 21 Of THE FLASH; "Grodd Lives"

GRODD RETURNS! — Barry (Grant Gustin) must deal with the Reverse Flash’s (Tom Cavanagh) latest threat to a member of the group. To make matter worse, Dr. Wells unleashes Grodd on the city in order to distract Barry and the team. Joe (Jesse L. Martin), Barry and Cisco (Carlos Valdes) head down into the sewers to catch Grodd but the gorilla quickly gets the upper hand after he kidnaps Joe. Iris (Candice Patton) and Barry have a heart to heart talk. Dermott Downs directed the episode written by Grainne Godfree & Kai Yu Wu.