• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Thread "The Flash" TV Show SPOILER-FILLED
4 4

2,574 posts in this topic

Ok... a few ramblings on Tues night's episode of the Flash.

hm

1) At the beginning of the show we have a flashback sequence. Everyone, including me, is assuming that Barry has gone back in time to prevent the Reverse Flash from killing his mother.

I'm reaching here but if Flash is denoted by red lightning and Reverse Flash is denoted by yellow lightning... why was RF chasing (running behind) Barry and not the other way around. Wouldn't Barry be "behind" RF trying to stop him? Yes I get that Barry is trying to get to his mother to prevent her murder... but I just can't see him in front of RF to do this. I mean he has to STOP RF... not just prevent the death of his mother's murder in ONLY this instance. If he doesn't stop him, then all RF would have to do is go back in time again... just an extra second sooner and kill Barry's mom anyway hm Keep in mind, this all happened before RF depleted himself of Speed Force... plus Barry wouldn't know RF's Speed Force level anyway. (shrug)

Is it possible that RF was trying to stop Barry rather than the other way around? What reason would make this be? hm

2) A definite link has now been established btw the two shows with the re-introduction of Mark Hamill as the Trickster from the 90's series. This spins a lot of possibilities at us... including alternate timelines, ala "Star Trek", sort of logic here.

Possible altering of the timeline could involve RF going back 20 years to prevent Barry's dad from becoming the original Flash (which happened in the 90's series)... in order for Barry to become the Flash.

Far fetched storyline? Could be... but if the Trickster exists, then why can't a previous Flash? Yes I know Henry Allen is a doctor... but lightning can strike anywhere and the Speed Force isn't a part of the particle accelerator accident... but something that existed already.

All I'm saying is Mark Hamill played the Trickster in the original 90's series... and is now playing the exact same character in the new series. It's not hard to make this jump concerning his father being a previous, possible Flash that has somehow been erased from current history.

I have MANY more... but hate to make a wall of text :D

xxx ooo

Rupp

they cOULD go that way, tying the two series together. But, why? In Hollywood, that opens a can of rights worms. IMO it was just a casting stunt using a Star Wars star again for the role, keeping the fans happy.

why didn't Barry just grab his mom and take off...he grabs other people all the time.

Also why did he show up at the exact time, he knew the RF would be there, why not the day before and hide her from RF.

Edited by krighton

why didn't Barry just grab his mom and take off ...he grabs other people all the time.

Also why did he show up at the exact time, he knew the RF would be there, why not the day before and hide her from RF.

Actually this is a pet peeve of mine lol

I personally can see everyone that Barry saved by doing this sitting in wheelchairs... all paralyzed from C3 and C4 spinal cord injuries from the whiplash ;)

xxx ooo

Rupp

hm

1) At the beginning of the show we have a flashback sequence. Everyone, including me, is assuming that Barry has gone back in time to prevent the Reverse Flash from killing his mother.

I'm reaching here but if Flash is denoted by red lightning and Reverse Flash is denoted by yellow lightning... why was RF chasing (running behind) Barry and not the other way around. Wouldn't Barry be "behind" RF trying to stop him? Yes I get that Barry is trying to get to his mother to prevent her murder... but I just can't see him in front of RF to do this. I mean he has to STOP RF... not just prevent the death of his mother's murder in ONLY this instance. If he doesn't stop him, then all RF would have to do is go back in time again... just an extra second sooner and kill Barry's mom anyway hm Keep in mind, this all happened before RF depleted himself of Speed Force... plus Barry wouldn't know RF's Speed Force level anyway. (shrug)

Is it possible that RF was trying to stop Barry rather than the other way around? What reason would make this be? hm

2) A definite link has now been established btw the two shows with the re-introduction of Mark Hamill as the Trickster from the 90's series. This spins a lot of possibilities at us... including alternate timelines, ala "Star Trek", sort of logic here.

Possible altering of the timeline could involve RF going back 20 years to prevent Barry's dad from becoming the original Flash (which happened in the 90's series)... in order for Barry to become the Flash.

Far fetched storyline? Could be... but if the Trickster exists, then why can't a previous Flash? Yes I know Henry Allen is a doctor... but lightning can strike anywhere and the Speed Force isn't a part of the particle accelerator accident... but something that existed already.

All I'm saying is Mark Hamill played the Trickster in the original 90's series... and is now playing the exact same character in the new series. It's not hard to make this jump concerning his father being a previous, possible Flash that has somehow been erased from current history.

xxx ooo

Rupp

The red blur was Wells, the yellow was Flash.

When Wells slowed down and lost the speed force, his line was red I thought. I remember thinking "that's weird".

Just finished the show WOW one of if not the best live action super hero stories we have ever had...with one exception.

An image copying life force sucking brain copying device.... REALLY? There is a reason no one guessed what the Reverse Flash twist would be.....because it was too stupid.

That being said I think we are all really rooting for Wells to get his life back and it would be epic to see him continue on the show as a good guy.

The preview for the rest of the season and the crossovers looked amazing.

Apparently the guy that plays Cisco hinted at a q and a yesterday that the season finale will have a huge Easter egg, and that the episode will also involve an unlikely partnership.

My bet is RF and Barry have to team up to stop some time issue

The actor also said the show (at some point this season) revisits the reality where Cisco was killed by RF

6 episodes left over I think 9 or 10 weeks... next episode in 2 weeks. This is one show I can't wait and binge on, I want to watch the episodes as they come out and dont like waiting 2 weeks per episode!

I think the answer is in this photo. Look at the episode number. I don't think that is an accident. If it happens I may have a geek heart attack.

sIlVaVY.png

hm

Rupp

RF was trying to kill Barry, not Nora. That is why he lunges at Kid Barry and Flash Barry tknocks him away. Then he takes kid Barry outside and RF loses his power in the chase. We didn't see how Nora was killed yet, it may have been an accident?

hm

xxx ooo

Rupp

The red blur was Wells, the yellow was Flash.

When Wells slowed down and lost the speed force, his line was red I thought. I remember thinking "that's weird".

Went back and slowed the scene down with my ON Demand pause button.

You sir are CORRECT ! :D

I had incorrectly assumed that the yellow was Wells/Thawne due to his yellow costume and the red was Barry for the same reason.

It's the lightning design on each one's costume that is given us the color "speed mirage" or the stretching of the image. Barry's has yellow lightning and the RF's has a dark red lightning (ala the reverse).

:D

THE FLASH Season 1, Episode 19 Description; "Who is Harrison Wells?"

JOE AND CISCO TRAVEL TO STARLING CITY FOR ANSWERS ABOUT DR. WELLS

Joe(Jesse L. Martin) and Cisco (Carlos Valdes) head to Starling City to continue their investigation of Dr. Wells (Tom Cavanagh). While in town, the duo enlists the help of Captain Lance (Paul Blackthorne), and Cisco meets the Black Canary (Katie Cassidy), who asks him for a favor. Meanwhile, back in Central City, Barry (Grant Gustin) races to catch a meta-human named Hannibal Bates (guest star Martin Novotny) who can transform himself into every person he touches – which includes Eddie (Rick Cosnett), Iris (Candice Patton), Caitlin (Danielle Panabaker) and even The Flash. Wendy Stanzler directed the episode written by Ray Utarnachitt & Cortney Norris.

Joe(Jesse L. Martin) and Cisco (Carlos Valdes) head to Starling City to continue their investigation of Dr. Wells (Tom Cavanagh). While in town, the duo enlists the help of Captain Lance (Paul Blackthorne), and Cisco meets the Black Canary (Katie Cassidy), who asks him for a favor. Meanwhile, back in Central City, Barry (Grant Gustin) races to catch a meta-human named Hannibal Bates (guest star Martin Novotny) who can transform himself into every person he touches – which includes Eddie (Rick Cosnett), Iris (Candice Patton), Caitlin (Danielle Panabaker) and even The Flash. Wendy Stanzler directed the episode written by Ray Utarnachitt & Cortney Norris.

Maybe that explains the scene with Eddie shooting the cops. It also looks like from the previews they will discover Harrison Wells body at the scene.

Maybe that explains the scene with Eddie shooting the cops. It also looks like from the previews they will discover Harrison Wells body at the scene.

:idea:

That is a very good point. It explains so much about the shooting.

:applause:

I don't think the device copies his brain, just his looks...he's smart in his own right and coming from the future already knows about the technology he needs...on Fringe they had a similar device where the bad guys would copy a person's body.

Maybe Wells dies and RF takes over Eddie's body. Though I guess that would potentially make him his own ancestor in the time line.

Edited by krighton

oooohhh just thought of a great twist that peace Wells as a hero.

RF/Thawne and Wells somehow separate again, maybe Thawne regains the speed force and leaves, and old innocent Wells dons the red Flash Suit to save Barry's mom from Thawne as RF. Thats why RF is chasing Wells.

yeah its complicated, but Wells comes away a good guy and Thawne is the villain from the comics.

but, the "Episode 123" angle is interesting. JSA spinoff coming?

One of the most interesting things we got form that episode I thought was that we now have a look at the original timeline. The particle accelerator goes live in 2020 giving Barry his powers and it was this version of him that was chasing RF that night. I have a feeling we will get a better look into this Barry eventually.

The other things we don't know yet is why RF was trying to kill Barry that night and how Nora got killed instead. I don't think they showed her death in the fight scene last night. They are definitely moving towards a crisis/multiple Earths event of some sort and I can't wait to see how they decide to tell it on the show.

I can't wait to see the look on Joe's face when he digs out Wells body and finds out it is him.

RF as wells has exhibited knowledge and skills that presumably only Wells would have. I highly doubt that even indiviudals from the 25th century have a working knowledge of particle accelerators and other tech stuff just because they live in the future.

Additionally there have been scenes referencing Tess Morgan and her loss....that Wells appears to have genuine emotions regarding.

Unless he's the world's BEST actor and is adept at feigning emotion I'd have to say that device absorbed the memories, DNA and other assorted things that make up Wells' persona......

Don't you remember the quantum splicer that Wells/RF developed for the Firestorm matrix?

I betcha dimes to donuts that's the inverse technology.

Also, there have been times where Wells did something noble and out of character for a straight up villain...even that conversation he had with Cisco before he deep sixed him. That's totally unnecessary dialogue unless you were burdened with the moral baggage that Dr. Wells might have.

I think the RF and Wells are one person....probably not without some of that "Firestorm" internal struggle, but with the RF winning out in the brains controlling dept.

think the body is Iris's boss

RF as wells has exhibited knowledge and skills that presumably only Wells would have. I highly doubt that even indiviudals from the 25th century have a working knowledge of particle accelerators and other tech stuff just because they live in the future.

Additionally there have been scenes referencing Tess Morgan and her loss....that Wells appears to have genuine emotions regarding.

Unless he's the world's BEST actor and is adept at feigning emotion I'd have to say that device absorbed the memories, DNA and other assorted things that make up Wells' persona......

Don't you remember the quantum splicer that Wells/RF developed for the Firestorm matrix?

I betcha dimes to donuts that's the inverse technology.

Also, there have been times where Wells did something noble and out of character for a straight up villain...even that conversation he had with Cisco before he deep sixed him. That's totally unnecessary dialogue unless you were burdened with the moral baggage that Dr. Wells might have.

I think the RF and Wells are one person....probably not without some of that "Firestorm" internal struggle, but with the RF winning out in the brains controlling dept.

Being a man displaced out of his time, he has grown to like these people as he said to Cicso before killing him.