• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Thread "The Flash" TV Show SPOILER-FILLED
4 4

2,574 posts in this topic

THE FLASH Season 1, Episode 19 Description; "Who is Harrison Wells?"

JOE AND CISCO TRAVEL TO STARLING CITY FOR ANSWERS ABOUT DR. WELLS

Joe(Jesse L. Martin) and Cisco (Carlos Valdes) head to Starling City to continue their investigation of Dr. Wells (Tom Cavanagh). While in town, the duo enlists the help of Captain Lance (Paul Blackthorne), and Cisco meets the Black Canary (Katie Cassidy), who asks him for a favor. Meanwhile, back in Central City, Barry (Grant Gustin) races to catch a meta-human named Hannibal Bates (guest star Martin Novotny) who can transform himself into every person he touches – which includes Eddie (Rick Cosnett), Iris (Candice Patton), Caitlin (Danielle Panabaker) and even The Flash. Wendy Stanzler directed the episode written by Ray Utarnachitt & Cortney Norris.

Maybe that explains the scene with Eddie shooting the cops. It also looks like from the previews they will discover Harrison Wells body at the scene.

think the body is Iris's boss

hm

That's right. RF took him out, and hid the body.

LOL'd when Hamill said "I am your father".

x10 Had to explain it to my wife.

I had to rewind and listen again. Had to be sure what the name of the son was. 1/2 expecting it to have been Luke.

I like the season 1 episode 23 being expressed as 123. This was one of my early grails.I acquired my first copy over 25 years ago while selling at the LA Comicbook & SciFI & convention during its roaming period between the Ambassador Hotel and the Shrine. Auditorium. Another seller was compensating their helper and I got the 123 in exchange for a pile of lesser material from my table. Needles to say, but I was STOKED

flash123pp.jpg

I don't think the device copies his brain, just his looks...he's smart in his own right and coming from the future already knows about the technology he needs...on Fringe they had a similar device where the bad guys would copy a person's body.

Maybe Wells dies and RF takes over Eddie's body. Though I guess that would potentially make him his own ancestor in the time line.

Thinking more upon it....didn't they scrub that entire Nora crime scene and NOT find Well's DNA?

So the RF's DNA changed to match Wells post murder when he sucked the life outta Wells.

That seems a bit more than cloned appearances. They did a genetic analysis of Wells presumably and what they found didn't match.

Even if RF had working knowledge of particle accelerators, I wouldn't presume he'd know everyone that Wells had to interact or work with to develop such a project. Heck it'd be an epic undertaking for the Justice League let alone one super villain. He's now got the brains and body of Wells with a chewy nougat center of evil.

Good point - the DNA at the crime scene didn't match Wells current DNA so this seems to indicate that it is more than just an appearance thing.

Really liking this show. It obviously has it's cheesy moments but that is to be expected :)

This is the third time since episode 9 where theyre skipping weeks (only 2 weeks this time, but werent there 2 different 4 week stretches of no show in that period?)

I could see people giving up due to that, unless that is common for all shows

I think it got a late start so still catching up with shows.....delays in tv are buzz killers though, just like in comic books.

Now with Eddie in the know, that makes about 8+ people I can think of off the top of my head that are in on the super "secret" identity of Flash. Remind me again why Iris cannot be told this secret?

I could do without her character entirely but keeping her out of the loop just seems weird.

This is the third time since episode 9 where theyre skipping weeks (only 2 weeks this time, but werent there 2 different 4 week stretches of no show in that period?)

I could see people giving up due to that, unless that is common for all shows

The gaps do disrupt the flow of the show. Though the excitement still remains.

I think RF takes over Eddie's body.

Isn't that like a totally MAJOR paradox that would prevent Eobard from being born or something?

not really, as long as he procreates with his great great whatever grandmother it would probably work fine.

Regardless I think the Wells form has outlived its usefulness....they can't exactly keep working together after all this.

Edited by krighton

In order to keep Wells continuing at Star Labs, I wonder if there's any way Barry can go back in time and save Wells from RF. In which case we get the REAL Wells working as a team with the others trying to thwart the RF.

Edited by krighton

In order to keep Wells continuing at Star Labs, I wonder if there's any way Barry can go back in time and save Wells from RF. In which case we get the REAL Wells working as a team with the others trying to thwart the RF.

I think there is a strong possibility of this happening, especially with Cavanagh being the fan favorite on the show.

they'll have to keep him in somehow...I read someone's theory that Barry might lose his powers in the past after trying to save his mom and then gets the real Wells to recreate the catalyst that gives him his powers so he can get back to the future. Then by changing the past he would end up working with the real wells in Star Labs instead of the fake one.

I think RF takes over Eddie's body.

Isn't that like a totally MAJOR paradox that would prevent Eobard from being born or something?

not really, as long as he procreates with his great great whatever grandmother it would probably work fine.

Regardless I think the Wells form has outlived its usefulness....they can't exactly keep working together after all this.

so it would be become like futureama