• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,600 posts in this topic

Next guy that tells me to be sure to pack the book well so it dont get damaged in shipping......I'm blocking.

Thing is that packing things correctly does not seem to be the norm so those who have not dealt with you do not know what to expect.

Bullchit. That's what feedback, DSRs and feedback comments are for. My feedback is loaded with comments on how well I pack my comics and everything else I sell. All they have to do is look. Lazy bums.

Chip, your rating is meaningless to me. Your deal was with them and not me. I just purchased a $600 item this morning from someone. Damn straight that I asked for it to be well protected. It's not laziness. It is called protecting my interests after too many bad experiences.

Too often than not we see people on these boards saying that 'no one ever said anything before' or 'I always ship things out like this without a problem.'

Why? if it comes damaged, just send it back.

I will say that anyone that tells a very, very large seller, like mycomicshop, how to package a comic, looks foolish. its' like emailing domino's after you place an order and telling them how to make a pizza.

Next guy that tells me to be sure to pack the book well so it dont get damaged in shipping......I'm blocking.

Thing is that packing things correctly does not seem to be the norm so those who have not dealt with you do not know what to expect.

Bullchit. That's what feedback, DSRs and feedback comments are for. My feedback is loaded with comments on how well I pack my comics and everything else I sell. All they have to do is look. Lazy bums.

Chip, your rating is meaningless to me. Your deal was with them and not me. I just purchased a $600 item this morning from someone. Damn straight that I asked for it to be well protected. It's not laziness. It is called protecting my interests after too many bad experiences.

Too often than not we see people on these boards saying that 'no one ever said anything before' or 'I always ship things out like this without a problem.'

Why? if it comes damaged, just send it back.

I will say that anyone that tells a very, very large seller, like mycomicshop, how to package a comic, looks foolish. its' like emailing domino's after you place an order and telling them how to make a pizza.

There are certain things that are not so easily found. Books like Amazing Spider-man 300 and Deadpool 98 are much easier found than higher grade silver and golden age books.

The worst is when it is original art and it arrives damaged as it is something that is irreplaceable.

You'd block me then. I let ever seller I purchase something off eBay know that. I think our postman takes great joy in bending and/or crushing any packs that has "Do not bend" written on it. If it doesn't get extra cardboard inside they ALWAYS arrive bent. My way of heading the issue off so the seller gets a heads-up on my situation. Would you rather I not say anything and have to return the book or original art?

Time for you to address your problem. A call to the supervisor or open a PO box.

You've never had an issue with a letter carrier. Our carrier has enough seniority that he is untouchable in their system. The Supervisor advised me of that.

Yep. I would never complain about a letter carrier. I heard of one person who kept complaining and they put him on the do not deliver list. He had to go to the post office to pick up his mail. They are untouchable.

I play the bribe game- treat that son of a gun like royalty and tip him to the max at Christmas time, and he'll bend some rules here and there (like never making me do a pickup request with a Prepaid label)

It's the same mentality for Halloween- give King-Size candy bars to make sure that the house isn't egged or toilet-papered ALLLLL year long.

You'd block me then. I let ever seller I purchase something off eBay know that. I think our postman takes great joy in bending and/or crushing any packs that has "Do not bend" written on it. If it doesn't get extra cardboard inside they ALWAYS arrive bent. My way of heading the issue off so the seller gets a heads-up on my situation. Would you rather I not say anything and have to return the book or original art?

Time for you to address your problem. A call to the supervisor or open a PO box.

You've never had an issue with a letter carrier. Our carrier has enough seniority that he is untouchable in their system. The Supervisor advised me of that.

Yep. I would never complain about a letter carrier. I heard of one person who kept complaining and they put him on the do not deliver list. He had to go to the post office to pick up his mail. They are untouchable.

I play the bribe game- treat that son of a gun like royalty and tip him to the max at Christmas time, and he'll bend some rules here and there (like never making me do a pickup request with a Prepaid label)

It's the same mentality for Halloween- give King-Size candy bars to make sure that the house isn't egged or toilet-papered ALLLLL year long.

In Canada these arseholes should be happy to keep the8r jobs.ive horror stories about my carriers over the years...even had a mail stealer/hoarder.Deliveringmmail is a sacred trust,yet so many are just....dorkbutt dillholes.'

That makes no sense. If I've shipped 5,000 packages in a row where the feedback states "Excellent packaging job!" then there's no reason for you to make the reminder.

Anyone that takes umbrage at a polite request to be mindful of safe packaging needs to take a course in customer service. Good grief.

Sean, really? *I* need to take a course in customer service? I can "take umbrage" or be annoyed at anything I want outside of my business. That doesn't mean I'm not friendly and polite to all my customers and bend over backwards to make certain they're all happy. Two different things.

Edited by Epic Peach

Anyone that takes umbrage at a polite request to be mindful of safe packaging needs to take a course in customer service. Good grief.

Sean, really? *I* need to take a course in customer service? I can "take umbrage" or be annoyed at anything I want outside of my business. That doesn't mean I'm not friendly and polite to all my customers and bend over backwards to make certain they're all happy. Two different things.

Whatevs. You don't have to worry about me in that regard. (thumbs u

I know that, but it's the same as me telling you to make sure you wear a suit & tie to court instead of boxer shorts and a ratty t-shirt. A needless/useless reminder...it's something you already put in practice and do 100% of the time.

That makes no sense. If I've shipped 5,000 packages in a row where the feedback states "Excellent packaging job!" then there's no reason for you to make the reminder.

Sorry you feel that way. I disagree. My money - my friendly reminder to look out for my interests. If a seller feels that my purchase and request for secure shipping is that offensive they can refund me and I will shop in elsewhere.

Shocker - I also sell on eBay and despite describing how I will ship in the listing I am often asked to provide secure shipping. It doesn't bother me like it does you. :shrug:

You. Are. Wrong. Here.

I know that, but it's the same as me telling you to make sure you wear a suit & tie to court instead of boxer shorts and a ratty t-shirt. A needless/useless reminder...it's something you already put in practice and do 100% of the time.

If someone's never dealt with you before to experience your shipping prowess, and don't know the people giving you your feedback rating and what their level of expectations were as to shipping quality, how are they supposed to know 1) that what they think is proper shipping and what you think is proper shipping match up and 2) That you ship in a way that they haven't discussed with you and have no way of knowing you do 100% of the time.

I've had sellers with 100% feedback and 500+ feedback ship me books that are simply not replaceable in a manila envelope with nothing to protect it. I would have never assumed, given their feedback, that they would be so irresponsible and so callous in their shipping practices (I guess in an effort to save a buck), and by the time I received it, it was too late to say something.

I had dude with lots of FB about great shipping send me a book in a vanilla envelope no bag and board no nothing utterly mangled when it arrived. I hear what Peach is saying but if you're nervous why not mention the packing? You can even say look I know this might be insulting but I have to ask I have horror stories.

A member here that just got a board vacation, bragged about his 102 positive reviews on Ebay. Some of those ratings talked about how fast and great his shipping is. Yet he shipped another board member's slabbed book to him 4 weeks late and then via media mail. Ratings are not always what they appear to be.

A member here that just got a board vacation, bragged about his 102 positive reviews on Ebay. Some of those ratings talked about how fast and great his shipping is. Yet he shipped another board member's slabbed book to him 4 weeks late and then via media mail. Ratings are not always what they appear to be.

103_zpskpvgqiiz.gif

If someone's never dealt with you before to experience your shipping prowess, and don't know the people giving you your feedback rating and what their level of expectations were as to shipping quality, how are they supposed to know 1) that what they think is proper shipping and what you think is proper shipping match up and 2) That you ship in a way that they haven't discussed with you and have no way of knowing you do 100% of the time.

I've had sellers with 100% feedback and 500+ feedback ship me books that are simply not replaceable in a manila envelope with nothing to protect it. I would have never assumed, given their feedback, that they would be so irresponsible and so callous in their shipping practices (I guess in an effort to save a buck), and by the time I received it, it was too late to say something.

I agree. I have experienced the same in buying form sellers that have great feedback and poor packaging practices. It seems that as long as people praise their slothfulness that they believe they are doing a stellar job.

I also have a lot of great feedback for my packaging and I had seen myself get upset when buyers would request secure packaging, when I already do, but then thought to put myself in their place, especially after dealing with so many bad sellers who don't package securely. I had to humble myself and reassure them that I will and they are happy.

I am happy to get some extra money for the things I do not want anymore. If I could make a living at this and it had a health plan I would. I would gladly trade off the aggravating scenarios I deal with on a routine basis as part of my real job in comparison to people asking me to box something up with some extra padding.