• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
55 55

8,613 posts in this topic

On 6/11/2023 at 2:45 PM, oldbsturgeon said:

By the description it appears you violated the terms of the listing and ebay would back the buyer without any question.

that is what the vacation mode is for on ebay so the seller can maintain their positive metrics

Paid on Thursday and shipped on Monday is not in violation if you are showing 2 day shipping. Saturday is not a business day. There is nothing for eBay to back because nothing has gone wrong - yet.  

With the attitude of this ridiculously impatient buyer, it's an easy decision. Refund and immediate block. 

On 6/11/2023 at 7:02 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Another non-payer. A little surprised by this one since the buyer's feedback is int he thousands: starrynight20

On 6/11/2023 at 7:44 PM, Lightning55 said:

With the attitude of this ridiculously impatient buyer, it's an easy decision. Refund and immediate block.

If you all want to have a little fun with bad buyers, ask them if they would be interested in purchasing at a 50% discount.  Don't word it as an offer, just a question.  Then block them right after they reply. 

Agreed that it would have been better to activate Vacation mode, maybe avoid this situation. But also consider that the seller knew he would be back in time to comply with his stated handling time. As long as he is within his time, he should not be hassled. If the buyer didn't notice that there was 2 business day handling, that is on the buyer.

The moment a buyer tells me when I have to make a shipping label, when I have to ship, or any directions that fall under my purview, there will be an abrupt halt to that transaction. They don't get to run my business.

On 6/11/2023 at 9:53 PM, oldbsturgeon said:

Vacation mode is available for all ebay users now, not just for ebay store users. It’s any easy option to flip on if you’re going to be gone when something may end and disrupt your normal business plans.

anyway we can probably talk about other stuff now

When did this go into effect? I don't recall ever seeing a notice. This is great news, and one of the very few things ebay has done right.

On 6/5/2023 at 4:42 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

The buyer is salvadorlanuza11. He just had another feedback comment added indicating non-payment. So 4 of his 15 feedback indicates he's a non-paying buyer, and who knows how many transactions on which sellers didn't do that.

Confirming that this one never paid, and has another new feedback indicating he didn't pay another sller.

On 6/12/2023 at 7:55 AM, oldbsturgeon said:

I'm not entirely sure, my wife who has an ebay store got a notification about it recently, so I believe it is something kind of new?

For many years, probably 20 or more,  store owners have had the Vacation feature. Two to three years ago, it was made available to all sellers, not just those with stores. You can find it in your settings. 

On 6/8/2023 at 10:36 PM, Buzzetta said:

You guys are really making me warm up to the idea of selling my old sneakers on eBay again.  T

These are recent photos of my slippers. I have to get every cent out of them. Maybe I'l throw these on E-Bay. Doctor X originals?

20230602_200809.jpg

20230602_200821.jpg

On 6/12/2023 at 2:12 PM, DR.X said:

These are recent photos of my slippers. I have to get every cent out of them. Maybe I'l throw these on E-Bay. Doctor X originals?

20230602_200809.jpg

20230602_200821.jpg

Market them but taking a pic with your bare feet in them.  Label them as used worn and trashed.  Take pics from every angle.  Remember if you don’t value them then why should anyone else?  Do $50’obo and see what happens.  

On 6/12/2023 at 2:12 PM, DR.X said:

20230602_200809.jpg

20230602_200821.jpg

Not hard to flip a $10 cooked pair of Jordans into a $400 collectible

6BBB9572-639A-4142-98D3-10815E6AD496-COLLAGE.jpg

3FD72C5E-2532-4412-A3B7-2EC80ED8EFB3-COLLAGE.jpg