• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,602 posts in this topic

On 5/24/2023 at 8:39 PM, MultiSig Mike said:

Random question for the group: how many counter-offers do you typically send to potential buyers on eBay? If someone sends you an offer, and you send a very fair counter, is that usually your final offer, or do you go back and forth a few more times?

Ebay only allows u either 2 or 3 counters

On 5/24/2023 at 8:39 PM, MultiSig Mike said:

Random question for the group: how many counter-offers do you typically send to potential buyers on eBay? If someone sends you an offer, and you send a very fair counter, is that usually your final offer, or do you go back and forth a few more times?

If I've reached my limit in negotiations as either a seller or buyer, I'll just send the same offer that was previously sent, if the other party replied with a different figure. That should make it clear I'm done negotiating.

On 5/25/2023 at 2:55 AM, Lightning55 said:

They upped it to 5, and up to 10 on eBay Motors. If you do a Google search, both 3 and 5 will show up in the results because not all links are up to date. 

Wow, that's a lot.  That many seems pointless

On 5/24/2023 at 7:39 PM, MultiSig Mike said:

I've gone back and forth before and still completed the sale. Some people like to have the last word - and I actually like to wheel-and-deal - so I when I make a counter, I always assume they're going to come back at me with another counter and I build it in. If they don't, then it's a win-win, since they're getting a lower price but not necessarily my rock-bottom. And if they do, as long as it's still in the range I was looking for, I'm cool with it.

Block this person: Oaco62, zero feedback, long time  member since  May 23 2023, nothing but red flags but I was praying for a miracle but buyer haven’t responded. No payment , I hate trolls.

Just found this post.

I'd block user alpe-6626 if I were you. When I first started selling on ebay last fall this dude try to shake me down for partial refund after receiving his books. My listing had plenty of photos of the defects, and I went out of my way in the description to detail the condition. I told him to return and he immediately filed a INAD complaint with ebay. They ruled I did nothing wrong, but they still refunded him and let him keep the books. Dude has pattern of leaving negative reviews and his positive feedback was like, "book came damaged but seller did the right thing."

On 5/24/2023 at 8:12 PM, CHASEnBLUE said:

Wow. Well, I have had only a couple similar messages over the years. To this one I would have no problem saying, "And you have the nerve to actually send me this kind of asinine message? Buh-bye!"

Then immediately block their a z z. :baiting::nyah::roflmao:

Imagine spending you're life confronting complete strangers who put higher prices than what you expect them to be.

On 5/28/2023 at 7:21 AM, smarkjobber said:

Just found this post.

I'd block user alpe-6626 if I were you. When I first started selling on ebay last fall this dude try to shake me down for partial refund after receiving his books. My listing had plenty of photos of the defects, and I went out of my way in the description to detail the condition. I told him to return and he immediately filed a INAD complaint with ebay. They ruled I did nothing wrong, but they still refunded him and let him keep the books. Dude has pattern of leaving negative reviews and his positive feedback was like, "book came damaged but seller did the right thing."

Thanks for that - sounds like he's found his scam.

On 5/28/2023 at 9:20 AM, Motor City Rob said:

Always amazes me how some people fall into financial despair at the exact same moment they hit the "Buy it now" button.

I always marveled at how dead relatives somehow absolve them from buying commitments. I love my grandmother, but if she had died the day before I bought a case of X-Force #1s, it would have saved me some money.

On 5/25/2023 at 2:44 PM, Mijael.Levy said:

Guys be careful with this Canadian buyer, his ebay user is red-river-pawn his name is Michael B Kazuk from Selkirk Manitoba . He made a purchase from me i shipped his book , the book is already in Canadian customs waiting for him to pay his import taxes and he wants me to cancel because "he doesn't want to deal with DHL"

Screenshot_20230525-143341_eBay.thumb.jpg.9a9119ceb0defaadcf28c2938ef100ee.jpg

I kinda understand this guys problem.  I've never had a international parcel delivered to me by DHL but I have had 2 through UPS and I got hosed on ridiculous customs fees on both.  Frankly I hope every UPS facility in Canada burns down and I won't accept international parcels sent through them.  But it's unfortunate as it puts you in a difficult spot

On 5/24/2023 at 6:48 PM, Key Largo Comics said:

Not saying everyone should but I blocked this comic "expert": antermachi_0 

Not a bidder but he felt the need to call me out on my pricing nonetheless.

Perhaps I have the book priced a bit over market because I'm not in a rush to sell?  The nerve I have lol.

Screen Shot 2023-05-24 at 9.38.21 PM.png

I wouldn't have bothered sending you that message, but you are asking a COVID number for it.

Your book so you can ask what you want for it of course, but he has the right to call you out for it lol

You are not in a rush to sell it as you stated, but you are hoping for a sucker to pay your number.

You have the book priced well over market, so the word "perhaps" you used is a little tongue and cheek lol

I agree his wording was rude, but their rude bluntness with you is what most educated buyers would be feeling with your rationale on your asking price.

Edited by NewWorldOrder

On 5/30/2023 at 12:29 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

I agree his wording was rude, but their rude bluntness with you is what most educated buyers would be feeling with your rationale on your asking price.

There are like seven of these FF slabs on ebay in 7.0 and only two are  priced below $850 (a CBCS and restored label). Did this dude also dm all the other listings to complain? If I wasted time on every book that I saw on ebay that was overpriced I'd have no time at all. Wouldn't block this buyer, but their behavior is not commendable in the slightest.

On 5/30/2023 at 5:55 PM, smarkjobber said:

There are like seven of these FF slabs on ebay in 7.0 and only two are  priced below $850 (a CBCS and restored label). Did this dude also dm all the other listings to complain? If I wasted time on every book that I saw on ebay that was overpriced I'd have no time at all. Wouldn't block this buyer, but their behavior is not commendable in the slightest.

What people are asking and what they are selling for are very different things.  But I'd also just ignore anyone trying to be the price-police in eBay.  

On 5/31/2023 at 1:38 PM, Motor City Rob said:

User: hurra79

User bought an item. Waiting until it was delivered and then returned the item because they "ordered by mistake". Don't let them do the same to you. Blocked!!!

hmmm did they actually return the item they bought?