• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,602 posts in this topic

On 5/31/2023 at 2:38 PM, Motor City Rob said:

User: hurra79

User bought an item. Waiting until it was delivered and then returned the item because they "ordered by mistake". Don't let them do the same to you. Blocked!!!

Did they cover the shipping, or try to get you to cover it? Or do you offer free return shipping?

Curious, I block auction winners who don't pay but would you consider blocking a buyer who wins an auction, is completely radio silent for 3 Days, 23 hours and 59 min then pays just in the nick of time?

Not even a semi-courteous "will pay Tuesday for a hamburger today"?

Oh and then after waiting all that time with nary a message, they request that you ship it a certain way...

colinyougotitpal.gif.167a926391c775e99c67c0d9bf7243cd.gif

On 6/1/2023 at 7:09 PM, trademarkcomics said:

Curious, I block auction winners who don't pay but would you consider blocking a buyer who wins an auction, is completely radio silent for 3 Days, 23 hours and 59 min then pays just in the nick of time?

Oh and then after waiting all that time with nary a message, they request that you ship it a certain way...

colinyougotitpal.gif.167a926391c775e99c67c0d9bf7243cd.gif

Wouldn’t block them even though it might not be the case, some payment methods can take more than 24-48 hours to clear before verification. They may have been waiting to hear that payment cleared before bothering you about the shipping

On 6/1/2023 at 4:15 PM, B2D327 said:

Wouldn’t block them even though it might not be the case, some payment methods can take more than 24-48 hours to clear before verification. They may have been waiting to hear that payment cleared before bothering you about the shipping

Getting a bit impatient in my old age, I guess. Still, dropping a line would have been nice. I usually get two types of auction winners: The ones who pay immediately, and the one or two who don't pay at all. It's rare that they wait until eBay's deadline to pay so I may have put his books back in stock, xD

On 6/1/2023 at 7:09 PM, trademarkcomics said:

Definitively not block worthy, eBay allows 4 days for payments. The whole asking for specific packaging after paying however is annoying. That’s something you ask about before buying. 

On 6/3/2023 at 9:12 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

I have a feeling I'm going to have another one to add in a week. I currently have two people bidding up a book that I sold copies of for about $20 previously that's currently sitting at over $50. The current high bidder's feedback:ScreenShot2023-06-03at10_07_50PM.png.90e79c4f676f054c6e9248b5eab06ba2.png

Maybe proactively cancel his bids?

Are sellers unable to leave Neutral feedback for a Buyer?  I haven't been in a situation that I wanted to leave Negative or Neutral feedback for a Buyer in like forever, and I know you can't leave them a Negative.  Did they take the Neutral away at that time, too?  At least with a Neutral, it doesn't add to the feedback score.

I do like all those Thumbs Down emojis in a row.  Maybe add some piles of poop.

On 6/3/2023 at 11:28 PM, Lightning55 said:

Are sellers unable to leave Neutral feedback for a Buyer?  I haven't been in a situation that I wanted to leave Negative or Neutral feedback for a Buyer in like forever, and I know you can't leave them a Negative.  Did they take the Neutral away at that time, too?  At least with a Neutral, it doesn't add to the feedback score.

I do like all those Thumbs Down emojis in a row.  Maybe add some piles of poop.

I was curious about that too and found this: https://pages.ebay.com/services/forum/sellerprotection.html#:~:text=Sellers aren't able to,those buyers to eBay's attention.&text=You can block buyers with,aren't registered with PayPal.

Short answer is ”Sellers aren’t able to leave negative or neutral Feedback for buyers.” :mad:

What’s the buyer’s name, @GeeksAreMyPeeps. Should just add them to the block list. Looks like they’ve done it more than once from their previous feedback…

On 6/4/2023 at 11:35 AM, 850chris said:

I was curious about that too and found this: https://pages.ebay.com/services/forum/sellerprotection.html#:~:text=Sellers aren't able to,those buyers to eBay's attention.&text=You can block buyers with,aren't registered with PayPal.

Short answer is ”Sellers aren’t able to leave negative or neutral Feedback for buyers.” :mad:

What’s the buyer’s name, @GeeksAreMyPeeps. Should just add them to the block list. Looks like they’ve done it more than once from their previous feedback…

The buyer is salvadorlanuza11. He just had another feedback comment added indicating non-payment. So 4 of his 15 feedback indicates he's a non-paying buyer, and who knows how many transactions on which sellers didn't do that.

I also block users who ask questions already answered in the title and text of an ad. Recently, I had an ad that explicitly stated in the title and description that it was missing the MVS, someone asked me "Does this have the Marvel Value Stamp"? If they can take the time to type a question, surely they can take the time to read the title. It calls into question their ability to comprehend things, and whether they would be able to comprehend if I did my job well as a seller or not. They could have mental challenges, and I wish them the best if they do, but eBay doesn't take that into consideration, which means I can't either if I want to protect my business's reputation. If they don't have mental challenges then I don't get it. Too lazy to read an ad, but not too lazy to type a question. Either way, blocked.

On 6/6/2023 at 2:51 PM, trademarkcomics said:

I also block users who ask questions already answered in the title and text of an ad. Recently, I had an ad that explicitly stated in the title and description that it was missing the MVS, someone asked me "Does this have the Marvel Value Stamp"? If they can take the time to type a question, surely they can take the time to read the title. It calls into question their ability to comprehend things, and whether they would be able to comprehend if I did my job well as a seller or not. They could have mental challenges, and I wish them the best if they do, but eBay doesn't take that into consideration, which means I can't either if I want to protect my business's reputation. If they don't have mental challenges then I don't get it. Too lazy to read an ad, but not too lazy to type a question. Either way, blocked.

I am sure people are dying to buy from you 

On 6/6/2023 at 5:25 PM, Mijael.Levy said:

I am sure people are dying to buy from you 

With the crazy stuff I've read on this thread, you're going to single me out for this? If you can't read the title(let alone the description), I don't want to sell to you. Sorry. 

reservetheright.thumb.webp.0cb846f4210f603fd57f9ae833a9d63a.webp

Edited by trademarkcomics

You can certainly block whomever you want, but eBay is causing the situation you describe. When eBay sends you email notifications of things matching your saved search, they truncate the titles. When the buyer clicks on the link, they think they have already read the title in their email. So they head to the photos and then the description. They don't see their answer, so they ask. You block them, and eBay has caused you to remove a potentially legit buyer. 

In such a listing, I would have a photo of the page with the missing stamp. Not hard to do, and shows full disclosure. For something of such importance, I also would include mention of it in both the title and the description. 

If asked about a missing stamp, I would politely answer their question, and then tell them it was mentioned in the title. I wouldn't block them, but they would be on my radar, pending any other eyebrow-raising actions.

On 6/6/2023 at 10:12 PM, Lightning55 said:

You can certainly block whomever you want, but eBay is causing the situation you describe. When eBay sends you email notifications of things matching your saved search, they truncate the titles. When the buyer clicks on the link, they think they have already read the title in their email. So they head to the photos and then the description. They don't see their answer, so they ask. You block them, and eBay has caused you to remove a potentially legit buyer. 

In such a listing, I would have a photo of the page with the missing stamp. Not hard to do, and shows full disclosure. For something of such importance, I also would include mention of it in both the title and the description. 

If asked about a missing stamp, I would politely answer their question, and then tell them it was mentioned in the title. I wouldn't block them, but they would be on my radar, pending any other eyebrow-raising actions.

I always do that. That's what's crazy, I had the info in the title, the condition and the pictures. I'm not sure what else I could do to relay the message to the buyer. But thank you for the info about how eBay truncates the titles. That figures. For years they picked out the absolute worst portion of our satisfaction policy out of context as the truncated description that one would have to click on to see the whole thing. Not sure if they still do that, but it's infuriating. 

I can say one thing, our block list is way shorter than the ones I've seen on this thread. And I don't feel right about posting names just in case(as you pointed out could be possible) I'm wrong about why I decide to block someone. 

Edited by trademarkcomics