• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,601 posts in this topic

Something is in the air!

It seems like the percentage of cringey, problematic pre-sales conversations with "buyers" have increased by tenfold over the past few weeks, and my block list is growing at a faster rate than ever! All of a sudden, multiple dumbasses are asking bizarre questions about the condition of slabbed books (my favorite: "are there any tears in the interior pages?"), asking for more photos (in addition to the 3-4 crystal clear high-res photos I already offer in my postings), asking for unreasonable discounts on hot books without "Best Offer", and so forth.

Such messages lead to a quick block, because I don't have time for this mess -- I've dealt with unreasonable jerks in my professional IT consulting career for over 25 years that I can't walk away from, and it feels good to finally be able to just walk away from these types of customers. 

Don't worry, in this post I will only publicly "out" the worst of the worst:

• deviparke-95: This guy left me the only negative feedback I've received in my 3 years selling on ebay -- in the feedback, he claimed he found a book I sold him (and he paid for) cheaper somewhere else, and hence I ripped him off. That was his reason for negative feedback! When I saw this feedback, I was horrified. I tried sending him a message to allow him to return the book, and he didn't reply to me. (Incidentally, this douchenozzle was complaining about me selling him a NM copy of a 10-year-old Retailer Exclusive 800-Copy Limited Edition book from an independent publisher for $25 + $4 shipping. Ebay thankfully removed the feedback after I called into customer service.)

• markuscomics: Out of the blue this guy sends me a message on ebay last week: "Interesting that you are offering the KS set that I haven't even had printed yet, and won't for another several weeks. Hope you don't get a buy on it." In other words, he's claiming to be the guy who is behind the Kickstarter set that I am selling. He is claiming that he hasn't yet printed the comics I am selling. The problem? I have multiple sets of these comics IN HAND, and have had the sets for over a month!!!! In other words, this clueless lying troll has nothing better to do than to impersonate someone else to send me an angry private message. Who knows what else he's up to.

Edited by BigDumbJay

Just blocked this Jack wagon.  See screenshots as proof of this unbelievable arrogant A. 

Sold about 4 books to him. I charge $3.75 + .25 for each book after the 4th. Ebay added the shipping for each book, so he asked for a revised invoice.  I Sent him a message to advise him that I revised my ad to show I'm giving a free book under $2 for a book purchase of equal or lesser value so if he'd like he could get an extra book.  Check out his response SEE SCREENS.  Almost forgot

jackal_relic_thomas_landschulz is this cash tolls username

Screenshot_20230522_173256_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20230522_173340_eBay.jpg

Edited by juniorMC

On 5/22/2023 at 9:06 PM, juniorMC said:

Just blocked this Jack wagon.  See screenshots as proof of this unbelievable arrogant A. 

Sold about 4 books to him. I charge $3.75 + .25 for each book after the 4th. Ebay added the shipping for each book, so he asked for a revised invoice.  I Sent him a message to advise him that I revised my ad to show I'm giving a free book under $2 for a book purchase of equal or lesser value so if he'd like he could get an extra book.  Check out his response SEE SCREENS.  Almost forgot

He certainly comes off like a pompous bag, but I would’ve given him a chance with a “hey, did you see my message about a free book?” before going scorched earth.  Small money overall, but good karma.

On 5/22/2023 at 11:38 PM, mattn792 said:

He certainly comes off like a pompous bag, but I would’ve given him a chance with a “hey, did you see my message about a free book?” before going scorched earth.  Small money overall, but good karma.

I figured even if he missed the 1st message there was no reason to come at me like that.  He pissed me off.  Happened before when a guy came at me like he believed I was a store owner or somethin.  This is how people talk when they believe they're speaking to a business. Sure I have a lot of comics, but I'm just a guy sellin my old books, so when they come of at me like that I pop right back at em

On 5/22/2023 at 10:06 PM, juniorMC said:

Is that you doing all that hollering and carrying on?

On 5/23/2023 at 7:36 AM, MR. Pontoon said:

Your listings say that shipping is $3.75 for up to 4 books. You said you sold him "about" 4 books, although his message specifically states he had 4 in his cart. If you sold him 4 books, you should honor your listings and charge him $3.75. Why should he pay $15 shipping when your listings state the charge will be $3.75? Your listings also state "Request an invoice and I'll adjust shipping cost." All he did was ask for a combined invoice and you called him an a-hole? I just added someone to my list, but it wasn't jackal_relic-thomas-landschulz.

Perhaps you missed the point.  I was going to send the invoice, but as I stated, I asked him if he'd like an extra comic book first.  Please do and why you're at it why don't u give me ur user name so I can add u to my list

Edited by juniorMC

On 5/23/2023 at 1:29 AM, Lightning55 said:

Why don't you just fix your shipping settings so the purchases combine properly?  Then you won't open the door to these situations. 

People have no patience for sellers who make it difficult for them to purchase what they want.  They take their money 

If I sell books in 1 listing for $1ea + $3.75 for shipping and they purchase 2 book the system will add $3.75 twice.  Unless the listings r separate I don't believe that can be done within the same ad.  This is why I include in my "REQUEST INVOICE FOR MULTIPLE PURCHASES". 

Therfore anyone making a purchase from me knows the deal, because I stated it in my ad, so knowing this goin in, why the attitude ?

On 5/23/2023 at 6:01 AM, Key Largo Comics said:

Seems like the guy just wanted a combined invoice? (shrug)

I know that.  Did u not see me ask him if he wanted a free comic book b4 I send the invoice?

On 5/24/2023 at 12:02 AM, juniorMC said:

If I sell books in 1 listing for $1ea + $3.75 for shipping and they purchase 2 book the system will add $3.75 twice.  Unless the listings r separate I don't believe that can be done within the same ad.  This is why I include in my "REQUEST INVOICE FOR MULTIPLE PURCHASES". 

Therfore anyone making a purchase from me knows the deal, because I stated it in my ad, so knowing this goin in, why the attitude ?

I haven't done a multi-item listing like that.  It may be something that can't be done, but I would think there is a way.  You can check out possible solutions on your shipping preferences and rules here https://www.ebay.com/ship/prf

The Calculated Shipping section may be useful.

If you are charging 25 cents per extra comic, maybe stick with your flat rate amount and put the 25 cents on the price of the comic, selling for $1.25 instead of $1.  That way the comic and extra shipping get covered as they add each one.

Edited by Lightning55

On 5/24/2023 at 12:11 AM, Lightning55 said:

I haven't done a multi-item listing like that.  It may be something that can't be done, but I would think there is a way.  You can check out possible solutions on your shipping preferences and rules here https://www.ebay.com/ship/prf

If you are charging 25 cents per extra comic, maybe stick with your flat rate amount and put the 25 cents on the price of the comic, selling for $1.25 instead of $1.  That way the comic and extra shipping get covered as they add each one.

No, it's .25 cent after the 4th book.  I'm trying to sweeten the pot by giving a free book.  There wasn't a problem at first.  The issue was to request the invoice just as I stated and that's what he did, that wasn't the problem.  The problem arose when i asked if he wanted a FREE BOOK, that's it.  That's all I did and when he said nay or yea I would send the updated invoice.  It wasn't rocket science

Edited by juniorMC

On 5/24/2023 at 12:11 AM, Lightning55 said:

U can set it to calculate the shipping if it's from several different adds and even within the same ad by setting it so it charges whatever u set for each book purchased, but not if u shipping for Books within the same ad for the same price.  

If u set a number, such as .25 cent on the additional book it will add 25 cent for each book that's added.  I don't want to do that, I want to sell up to 4 books for the same shipping cost, then tac on the .25 cent.  

I hear you.  I followed the events along and saw how it went splat.  Every extra step is a complication.  I'm just saying you probably need to find a way that gets the customer from A to Z with no detours.  It will make both of your lives easier.

Changing shipping patterns in the middle of building an order is not easy to do.  I guess the revised invoice is the best method, but some people will avoid it.

I used to have flat rate shipping, order as many as you want, same price for shipping.  And still people would message me for a combined invoice.  You can't win.

If I'm browsing Ebay and find a book I want, I always ADD TO CART instead of BUY IT NOW, and request a combined invoice for everything before I pay.  If I purchase them individually, and ask the seller to adjust shipping after the fact it just seems too bloated.

Of course, when I request an invoice, I expect to receive an invoice.

On 5/23/2023 at 9:49 PM, juniorMC said:

Perhaps you missed the point.  I was going to send the invoice, but as I stated, I asked him if he'd like an extra comic book first.  Please do and why you're at it why don't u give me ur user name so I can add u to my list

Sorry, I'm confused.  You offered him a free book for 25 cents extra shipping and he ignored that and then you started shouting and called him an ahole?  Then he requested a combined invoice?  When he didn't reply to the free book why didn't you just send him his invoice?

On 5/24/2023 at 12:47 AM, Gaard said:

If I'm browsing Ebay and find a book I want, I always ADD TO CART instead of BUY IT NOW, and request a combined invoice for everything before I pay.  If I purchase them individually, and ask the seller to adjust shipping after the fact it just seems too bloated.

Of course, when I request an invoice, I expect to receive an invoice.

Makes sense